Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567813 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1155 on: March 24, 2010, 07:46:50 PM »
The dumb part is that a huge amount of people will play objective-based modes like it's deathmatch anyway.

heh, now you know why I play on a team work server. If admins see you dicking around and not even trying for an objective then they'd boot you. Goddamn, I miss that server, never could stand playing on a DM server.

I know I'm late to the party, but Prototype is fairly fun.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:00:57 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 26, 2010, 12:43:43 AM »
Prototype is super awesome. It was one of my favorite games from last year.

I beat the final mission in Final Fantasy 13. 88 hours, 30 minutes. It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Good accessories, maxed out characters and maxed out weapons with the right ideas for paradigms goes a long way. Now the only things I have left to do are "get 5 star on every mission" and "have held every weapon, item and accessory" which would be super time consuming. The 5 star thing might not be so bad I guess.

vladgd

« Reply #1157 on: March 26, 2010, 03:00:47 AM »
so im 14 hours into the game now, early chapter 9, max everything for my current "level", and i am working on getting each equipped weapon on each of the 6 characters to the max level of *.  i just wonder how much excess cp i will have at the end of this, which is always fun because when i am done with chapter 9, i unlock the whole crystal thinger.  with the LOLHIGHCPCOSTS of the stuff that is opened i doubt i will gain much, but whatever, it's still fun to be dicking around doing something other than progressing through the story.  

so i need to grind?  no.  but man i am gellin with this when listening to podcasts, it's quite enjoyable.  but i mean, i am a grind a holic.  you would think with the serious optional grindan i do in games i would play those korean mmo's, but fuck man that is a different level of grind.  still though, it shouldn't be too long before i hit chapter 10.  problem is i fucking hate chapter 10, long narrow dungeon with annoying as fuck enemies, maby with weapons higher than level 1(which is essentially what i rolled with) they will be less annoying.  as for the chapter 10 boss, i think my problem is i was too retarded to think "maby i should have a dual medic paradigm for when my other medic is stunned".  would have made that fight from "easy, but at this point, he kills me" to just easy.  

and uhh, the sazh brunhildir edilon fight, not hard when you know what to do before hand.  

-cast haste on sazh
-cast haste on millie vanillie
-spam magic with dual rav paradigm
-when you need to heal, have a rav/med paradigm ready so you can still blast him
-encounter should end around the time the haste buff ends

*edit*

man it's kind of fun having excess cp for where i am at in the game.  buttfucked the boss of chapt 9.  sazh, light, millie.  use haste, then mash auto-battle with your eyes closed, win battle. 

JUST entered chapt 10 so no all paradigms available to myself just yet, but i re maxed my characters and i have 20k cp left over.  unfortunately for me, 20k is jack shit when i get access to all paradigms.  still, i want to be powerful enough to not rip my game apart again when said time approaches.  i am going to laugh so hard if all i needed was a double medic paradigm to win that fight i swear. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:38:23 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 26, 2010, 05:29:46 AM »
Prototype is super awesome. It was one of my favorite games from last year.

I'm starting to get burnt on it now, the enemies are a bit repetitive and shockingly soldiers on foot are more dangerous then choppers and tanks.

Still, the whole mobility and the range of weapons is fairly impressive, running around and just attacking things is stupidly fun.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1159 on: March 26, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »
Still, the whole mobility and the range of weapons is fairly impressive, running around and just attacking things is stupidly fun.

Hence why that's all I'd do in the new GTA games, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1160 on: March 26, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »
So I beat the retarded vault monster in Borderlands with my Siren at level 36 and for some reason I can still play even though there's nothing left to do. I've heard you can keep going through the game with harder enemies but I don't think it's worth it.

Is there any news on if there will be a new Spore?
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 26, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
Yeah, I like it more so that Prototype gives you rewards for actually just fucking things up. I just wish the strike teams were a bit more intimidating, it's usually just a couple of choppers that can be dropped with a kick or two.

Still, I can't seem to figure out which power I like the most. I'm liking whip fist because it can clear crowds quickly and it does decent damage to hunters while keeping me at a safe distance, but EVERYTHING seems to work nicely.

Also shield is a god send. I went from dying to hardly getting damaged with that thing.

Is there any news on if there will be a new Spore?

Spore heroes? There was that, but I have no clue what it is.

Also Borderlands isn't all that bad with new game plus, but it does get tiring quickly. Fairly mediocre game overall.

vladgd

« Reply #1162 on: March 26, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »
borderlands would be really good if it was a 15 hour game.  for what it offers, i got bored at hour 20.  good game, just not interesting enough to keep me entertained through it's entirety.  

*edit*

ffxiii

let's see, chapt 10 finished, and i am in chapt 11.

so the first 20 hours of this game, NARROW CORRIDOARS, then they dump me in this FUCK MASSIVE field, which would be cool, but with 360 version it runs at like 20fps.  still, pretty neat, and the exp gain is quite a bit better than what i was grinding in chapt 9, so i think i will settle down and start a campfire for a while.  only this time i got so much more of my crystarium to play with. 

bahamut...

sen/med/med
sab/med/sab

GG this fight was easier than most random battles.  considering random battles in this game put up more of a fight, this is fact. 

and finally, the boss before bahamut (i could say his name and it wouldn't spoil anything because this game likes telling you nothing, but i won't just in case you read the datalog or something) which made me rage...not too bad.  i think i was just tired and frustrated when i got to him and i snapped, but really when i step away from the game and come back at him with a clear head, the fight was nothing too special, just have combat medic paradigm for those times you need to heal and he isn't too bad.

SOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo i would assume i am finally at that part of the game where i can dick around and do whatever. 

pic totally related

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:13:49 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 27, 2010, 04:14:07 AM »
Yeah, the start of the game REEEAALLY drags on and spells out every little detail of an already simple game. Then after that it's the awesome car level, then it's the small town and more tedious bullshit to lengthen the game.

Also Prototype is crazy fun. The environment is nuts, you go from average city to a fucking battlefield over the course of 10 or so missions, and it actually feels like massive chaos is going on. I just stood there and watched a couple of big military tanks and about 7 or so soldiers with LMGs unload into zombies and super zombies (the larger zombies with big arms, but not the hunters) and they were surprisingly competent for people who basically die from one hit from anything.

vladgd

« Reply #1164 on: March 27, 2010, 07:51:02 AM »
getting prepped for super street fighter 4.

not going to play much online unless anybody here wants to play, which i would be happy to play (even against that blanka playing faggot newf, i still love you)

but uhh, challenge mode is actually kind of helpful, it's just not helpful to the person just starting the game.  ill keep this short but i spent about 30 minutes trying to do chuns level 4 normal challenge.

jHK
hold back MK
MK
ex legs
ultra

now uhh i can do ex legs into ultra, because of that.  nice.  probably try to learn sagat's ultra bullshit stuff so i can learn up one of my bros who uses him.  figure i would learn a few tricks for myself, and a few tricks to learn the people im playing with.  ANYWHO, training mode, yeah.

it's just this game requires more initial practice to be "decent" at the game than sf2 does.  though, sf2 is fucking simple and is the only fighting game i really play, so maby that has something to do with it. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:26:36 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #1165 on: March 28, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
double post, ffxiii, 30 hours in.

fuck dude, this game, i have mixed feelings on it.  chapters 1-10, gay, i do not recommend this game, go away.

chapter 11 is when the game turns into a different better game.  it even feels like starting a new file in a way because you start out fresh out of chapter 10 as a weak pussy. you are introduced to this whole mission thing, and even just being at crystarium level 8, there's a good difference between a person just starting, and a person some 500kcp into it.  like the juggernaut mech faggot in the caves, he raped me hard, some 7 hours later i bent that metal ass over and J-J-J-JAMMED it in. 

seriously though, if you don't mind spending 20-25 hours to get to the "good" part of a game, don't bother.  if you do, and you enjoy the final fantasy games, im fucking loving it.  i don't even give a damn about the story/world/characters now, cutscenes are kind of just "hey, i am very tempted into hitting the skip button right now" because they get in the way of me doing what i want to do which is building up my dudes.  just kind of like running around exploring the scenery.  like this game rewards you for trying enemies you aren't sure you can fight, just because if you can't tango with whomever you went to tussle with, hit the retry button, and run away, no need to reload that save or even waste much time.

i mean, save for ff8, i haven't bothered much with the meta game in a final fantasy.  this game however, im going to max out everything and kill everything, because it's just damn fun. 

AND I AM USING HOPE FOR SOME REASON WHAT THE FUCK (SINCE HE HAS LOW HP HE IS THE ONLY PERSON IN MY PARTY TO KEEL OVER AND DIE FROM ENEMIES THUS I GET OFF FROM HIS DEMISE)

fang/hope/sazh

fang for commando/sab
hope for having the highest magic stat being good at med/rav  (if i wasn't lazy i would upgrade one of millie's weapons and replace hope right now, but until i farm some 99 bomb cores again, hope will stay ;_;)
sazh for being almost as beefy as snow in terms of hp, only a better ravager and provider of my favorite buff, haste. 

there's a tldr for you, chapter 11 and the game gets good.  good not much in a final fantasy feeling kind of way, but in a diablo kind of way(though not quite with loot).  being i fucking love diablo to death, this is good. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 28, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
Chapter 11 in 13 feels like playing 12. I thought it fit right in with the normal Final Fantasy stuff. You hit the end of the game and now you can do whatever.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1167 on: March 30, 2010, 06:42:32 AM »
Just installed the SC2 Beta, and some loaders and AI to let me play single player against computers.  I've been watching SC2 matches with commentary on youtube lately and really want to get better at SC2 than I was at SC.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1168 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »
well if you want an easy time, play the easymode race, protoss.  but if you want to be a MAN you will gravitate towards terran or zerg.   

ffxiii, mission 55 can suck my dick.  "hurp durp grind lots of cp to get more powerful to kill a boss which drops a double cp accessory"

well i am going to grind a bit and get some accessories to get some damn hp to live longer than a second against him, when i get that set up...

-fortisol/agisol
-encounter enemy
-cast death

if boss is dead, congratulations to me.

if boss is not dead, hit start, then hit retry. 

now i can do that now, but like, im not sure if the boss dies if his bitches stay alive, because it would be a big downer if death actually worked, but one of the bitches kill my millie giving me a game over. 

that and i am thinking about just going into chapter 12 to go beat the game, get my level 10 of the crystarium, then go back and finish everything up.  since i am a bitch, and am a goddamn grindan machine, AND bombcast is out today....ill at least get 200k more cp before doing anything else.  considering i can beat the encounter which gives me 6600cp in about 14 seconds...maby more than that. 

not really looking forward to one of the final bosses having a move which has a chance to randomly kill any party member.  i am sorry, but even a tiny chance of a random game over is some goddamn bullshit in my book.  i mean, other ff games have instant kill moves out the ass, but you never got a game over if the main character dies. 

almost wish i picked up this game late enough to barely finish it before puzzle quest 2, but i have to wait till may to play my personal runner up rpg of the year(assuming they don't fuck anything up like they did with galactrix). 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1169 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
well if you want an easy time, play the easymode race, protoss.  but if you want to be a MAN you will gravitate towards terran or zerg.

a) The races are balanced, which is why SC/SC2 is so popular in the first place.
b) SC2 has significantly different gameplay from SC/BW.
c) Have you seen how effective chosts are against the Toss? EMP = your fucked.

Watch this match (it's a 5 part one, and I've linked to part 1 here) to see the Toss get fucked every which way by Terrans.

Also, I could be like TheLittleOne and just play random (and somehow be one of the most creative players ever).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:45:49 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x