Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586556 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1320 on: June 14, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »
Yeah, it never got much attention. I do remember loving it when I rented it, but I never got all that far, unfortunately.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:11 PM »
Fucking Qurupeco. I just figured out that Great swords can smash through defensive spots on a monster, and I was using that to smash the flint claws on Qurupeco. So I broke both of them the first time, and he ran away right after he got to a new area and I tossed the trap down. The second time I brought a pitfall trap, and he did the SAME exact thing, but when I got to the next area I couldn't even use my pitfall trap. So goddamn annoying, and I'm doing all this just to get this flintstone.

Did it, got the stone, and the hammer itself is nothing too amazing. Does less damage then my switch axe (which doesn't bother me that much, but my next point sort of kills it) and it goes dull instantly. Meh, I'll be happy if I an figure the online out and get my barroth armor with the help of some kind random folks.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:03:03 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 16, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
Finally got into Bioshock, bought it on Steam for $3 a year ago, and finally got around to playing it. It's goood fun.  Been also playing TF2 and L4D alot.

vladgd

« Reply #1323 on: June 17, 2010, 01:51:07 AM »
so, playing mvc2 against some 360 bros.  i think i understand why people can jump into that game and call it fun.  they don't really pay attention to the little things and just hit buttons.  just kind of sorta know the moves of your characters, and hit buttons, pretty fun if you are with people "roughly" around your "skill" level. 

from my play session today, i have myself a team.

dr doom (a), cyclops (a), captain commando (b)

out of those 3, capcom is my favorite. 

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:00 AM »
MvsC2 is a pile of shit compared to the first one. So unbalanced, its unreal and dumb.

vladgd

« Reply #1325 on: June 17, 2010, 03:12:24 AM »
its unreal

says the guy who picks blanka in sf4.  

but after seeing how fucking awesome mvc3 looks, figure i would put some actual time into a game i bought almost a year ago.

&feature=related

plus ssfiv is pissing me off, random mashey broken fun is what i need.  AND YES that is deadpool yelling at you, the player, at the end of that video.  

*eddverv

playing peace walker.  my experience with it has been positive, but there's a bit of a negative thing to it.

i guess, the good.  plays fine, it's essentially portable ops but better.  the capturing soldiers to add to your base is a lot easier and less tedious than portable ops.  instead of plotting out a safe route to drag said soldier to your base, you can just attach the fulton to them...and off they go...even indoors.  the controls aren't that bad, take some getting used to, but they get the job done.  

problem though, there is no way to turn up the aiming sensitivity.  when i am aiming with the face buttons, and it's fuck slow, and i am fighting a boss, there's a fucking problem.  HOWEVER im pretty sure you can co-op all of the bosses.  which brings up a new problem, i don't have a ps3 to do the online ad hoc.  not sure if xlink kai would work for this game.  AND, knowing a person who enjoys both metal gear, and owns a psp is pretty damn rare.  ill have to convince one of my psp owning friends to buy it if i want to co-op any of the many co-opable missions there is in this game.  

but i mean two boss fights in, if we don't count those fights, im enjoying the game.  missions can be a bit trial and error, but error doesn't result in a fail (like splinter cell can, and i do mean the first splinter cell game), and there is incintive to replay missions to get items/nab certain soldiers.  so when you know where everything is, missions can be breezed through, but if you have played a metal gear game before, that's just how it is.  

one last thing, the base management stuff and the soldier getting stuff, that's like, really good.  you have this metal gear game broken up into small missions, and this awesome base management sim along with it, with good rewards for the actual missions (basically all of your items, weapons, and whatnot come from this).  it might not be for everyone, but i like it.  

ill put this in tiny text for those metal gear fans who wish to find out on their own.

the offshore base you are on, it's gradually being expanded.  you start out with 3 offshore pillars and then you get more and more.  i just got to the point in the game where they explain they are going for a dual hexagon shell thing for the base...THE BASE YOU ARE ON AND EXPANDING IS THE BIG SHELL BEING CREATED!  bro, that's fucking awesome, this game earns it's title as a prequel.

FORGOT ANOTHER FLAW

they don't explain the base stuff too well in the tutorials.  because i have no life, ill roughly explain what's what.  you have different groups people can be assigned to in your base.

combat- people in here gain gmp each round, as well as you can use them during missions where snake isn't mandatory.  gmp = resource you need to make items/weapons as well as upgrade them.

r&d- you need these fuckers to build/upgrade everything.

mess- food, if you don't have enough, morale will drop, people will leave.  you have food over 100%, morale will raise and people will preform over there normal stats.  

medical- reduces the chance people will get sick, as well as helping the people in the medbay heal faster (far as i am aware)

intel- this is for like calling in supplies(FUCKING MANDATORY FOR BOSS FIGHTS), certain items need a certain intel level to make (as well as every other group), you can get more information on each mission before the mission starts, and some other stuff im not too keen on right now.  

medbay- sick/injured people go here to recover.  say you shoot down a guard, he doesn't die right away, you can use fulton on him and he will need to recover in the medbay before being too useful for another group.

brig- some people are unloyal, they stay here until they change their attitude.

waiting room- people who do not belong to a group are here until assigned a group.

then there's a trading wait thinger for people waiting to be traded, since you can trade soldiers to other players, which would be cool if i had somebody to play with :(

felecia (a), cyclops (a), captain commando (b)

just started learning more ABC's of marvel, by practicing air combos.  compared to sf4, doing basic combos in marvel is...fucking easy.  the simple act of say felecia st jab, st strong, st fierce xx crh xx sand attack is really easy compared to something that sounds simple in sf4 like bison clk, clk, clk xx lk sk

plus going from launcher, jump follow up thing (i forgot the proper term for it) jab jab jab roundhouse requires hardly any timing at all, just a matter of doing it in quick succession.  maby i overestimated how complicated marvel is on a BASIC LEVEL.  i emphasize basic level because you watch the pros playing their high tier teams and shit, hard to see what's even going on.  plus i don't quite understand when i should use assists so i mash them randomly, capcom's anti air assist is one of the best in the game(the character may be low tier, but the assist is high tier) so it's a pretty good button to push.  

im not going serious into this, but i figure i would try and learn some shit in training mode to get mah body ready for mvc3 next spring.  plus like, i want to play a fighter not ssfiv.  like darkstalkers, you nigs get ggpo and hit me up for that shit.    

you know, ill probably make a GGPO thread tomorrow.  i really need to play some vampire savior. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:21:56 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 19, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »
Picked up Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate and Star Ocean 4 International the other day from Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 Free Used Game Sale. All of the games had zero scratches and the cases were perfect and they had mismarked RoF down to $35 too so I got all three games for $70 total after my edge card took off tax.

Then I got Blur recently, I ordered Skate 3 for $40 during amazon's deal of the day for it, Transformers is next week and I also have Mario Galaxy 2 to play (I got up to 70 stars and "beat" the game in one day it's so good).

Yeah I think I'm set for games.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 19, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
I really need to get SMG2, but Monster Hunter is keeping me tied up fairly well. Also I need to find a new CPU fan, and this time I need to somehow figure out if it's compatible with my mobo.

Oh and I just bought Metro 2033 and the first Mass Effect, and I'm REALLY tempted to buy the second one
(on sale now for like 35 bucks) but I'm not too sure.

Oh yeah, and I JUST killed a Barroth. Shit was nuts, took me almost the whole time needed to kill him, but I got ALL of the sub quests and he never knocked me out.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 21, 2010, 06:29:14 AM »
You're going to have to tell me how Metro 2033 is. I have a little money to spare now, and if it's good, I'll buy it. I pirated it but it's a steam game, and I worry about pirating those :|

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1329 on: June 21, 2010, 06:35:24 AM »
So, I've decided to try to get into SC:BW. Yeah, SC2 is coming out, oh well, I've always wanted to play SC properly.

I'm playing on the ICCup server, since I can't play on regular b-net. If anyone wants to play me, let me know. If you need help figuring out how to get into ICCup, let me know.

I'm focusing on learning Toss right now, specifically, PvT, so if anyone wants to play me in that matchup, I'd really appreciate it. I'm godawful at the moment, lol.

I play in the Starcraft Training Community channel.

I did manage to whip the computer by basically massing goons with the odd reaver thrown in, but so far I've lost the couple games I've played against real people. My timing isn't great, my multitasking is downright terrible, my game sense simply doesn't exist, my macro is bad, and my micro worse, and my APM has topped out at 106, with an average of 50 :/ I need a LOT of work.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 21, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »
You're going to have to tell me how Metro 2033 is. I have a little money to spare now, and if it's good, I'll buy it. I pirated it but it's a steam game, and I worry about pirating those :|

It's not a steam game, it's ON steam but it wasn't made by Valve or anything.

Also boobies, I would play if Starcraft ran at a proper resolution on my PC.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 21, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »
Yeah I know, but the cracks all run through Steam, and I don't even want to dick around with the possibility of getting banned, I have too much money sunk into my Steam account. Maybe I am being overcautious, but that would suck greatly.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
Nah, I can agree, that would be TERRIBLE.

Also Earthbound is finally done. I'm still doing the walking around part at the end, but I'm not even sure where to go.

I must say, good game, I just wish it wasn't spoiled to all hell for me.

Oh and Vlad, how is ME1? I bought it recently.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:30:29 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1333 on: June 21, 2010, 08:56:34 PM »
my opinion on mass effect is invalid.  ive beaten the game over 10 times and i love it to death.  it doesn't do that to most people, so im just going to assume "solid rpg, mediocre combat, repetitive side missions" as what the masses would probably say.  if you intend on playing 2 (improved almost every fault with the first game), play and complete the first game first, and continue that save over, it just makes the experience better. 

that said, if i had the choice to replay the first or second game, i have had a lot of good times with the first game, and while technically inferior, i would replay the first over the second. 

to avoid a tldr, if you enjoy rpg's, you should enjoy it. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 21, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
Nah, I can agree, that would be TERRIBLE.

Also Earthbound is finally done. I'm still doing the walking around part at the end, but I'm not even sure where to go.

I must say, good game, I just wish it wasn't spoiled to all hell for me.

Oh and Vlad, how is ME1? I bought it recently.

Go home. The game's Japanese name is Mother. Go see her.