Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582720 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1335 on: June 21, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »
I just did, evidently I needed to talk to my Dad again.

Also shit, ALL the sequel teasers in that game, only to have the sequel THAT many years later is INSANE. 

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:50 PM »
Bought Mass Effect on Steam for $5 this weekend, looking forward to playing it :)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1337 on: June 22, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »
Also boobies, I would play if Starcraft ran at a proper resolution on my PC.

800x600, IIRC, is all it runs at. Period. In all honesty, it's not that bad, though I wouldn't suggest playing it windowed (which you can only do with the chaos loader, which is part of the iCCup loader.

The low resolution doesn't really make a difference except that my mouse is faster (a good thing). Chaos loader can also chance your mouse speed for ingame.

But yeah, you don't even need a valid CD key to play on the iCCup server.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 28, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
So it turns out it's possible to beat Super Mario Galaxy without getting any stars from the last 2 observatories. Cool.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 28, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »
Bought Mass Effect on Steam for $5 this weekend, looking forward to playing it :)

Same. Actually, I bought that, the Witcher, Max Payne 1 and 2, Half Life, Half Life Opposing Force, and Metro 2033.

and I still need to get Sin and Punishment and UR MR GAY 2.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1340 on: June 30, 2010, 01:34:39 AM »
I've been playing a lot of indie games lately...just because.  I'll go over the ones I've played recently briefly.

I just played (and beat) The Maw tonight.  Damn, was that fun.  The second to last level kinda dragged a bit, but overall it was a very positive experience.  It's a little on the short side, but hey, it's a cheapie.

A little bit before that I finally got around to playing (and 100%'ing) Eversion (HD, 'cause I always like supporting Indie devs :3).  That game is fucking awesome (AND OH SO CUTE).

I've been playing Beat Hazard as well.  It's fun except for when it decides to generate impossible fights (do NOT play Please Don't Remember by The Flashbulb...it throws a ton of bosses out during the quiet parts O.o).

The Wonderful End of the World is a blatant Katamari Damaci knock off.  Kinda buggy, but the controls do feel a lot snappier.

AaaaaaAAAaaaAHHhhhHHH: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is fun as well (it's by the same people who made The Wonderful End of the World).  It's a little frustrating trying to figure out how to score decent pointage in some of the levels, but I'm sure as I unlock better items and get a bit more experience under my belt that sort of thing will get a bit easier.

I bought Bullet Candy as well.  Didn't really like it...felt too plain and sterile for me.  It's almost like it can't tell what kind of space shooter it wants to be.  Pass.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1341 on: June 30, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »
so i got puzzle quest 2 the moment it was avalible on xbla.  started an assassin, since it's something i don't normally do in games, got to level 7, realized there was a reason i don't pick that archetype often, and then i started a templar (think paladin but with a different name).  

hit level 6 with him, i think im enjoying it a bit more.  less damage/HOLY SHIT FUCK YOU possibilities, but he has a cool little "BUILD UP SHIT TONS OF DEFENSE" when that is done, he has attacks which do more damage based on how much defense you have, pretty cool.  

probably won't try mage, or if i do play a barb, it won't be my primary character.  i mean i did beat the first puzzle quest game with the warrior/barbarian class, id rather try something a bit different this time around.  

im obviously not very far, but this far, it's cool  no more gold pieces on the board, no more exp pieces on the board.  to replace those, there's now "purple mana" and "action tokens".  purple mana is just like any other mana, and action tokens allow you to use your equipment, like your weapon or shield.  seems there's a bit more to think about rather than what i did in the first game "SKULLS SKULLS ALWAYS MATCH SKULLS FUCK GIVE ME SKULLS"  and later on when i got the overpowered deathbringer ability, the skill which is the reason the game has a cooldown system on it's spells now "RED MANA FUCK I WANT ALL OF THE RED MANA EVER GIBE ME RED MANA I REPORT U"  

TLDR VERSION- do you like puzzle quest?  if you do, buy this.  don't?  don't bother.  haven't played puzzle quest? go try a demo on xbla/pc.  for the first game anyway, after i played around 4 hours of the pc demo, i was really keen on buying the actual game.  pretty much feels like a good sequel to a game should feel.  

*edit*

this is what deathbringer in the first puzzle quest does, it is broken, and this guy with a beefed up character makes it even more broken, pretty much killing the final boss in one shot, and if the final boss had double hp, he would probably still be dead from that one shot. 

&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:13:54 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
I've been playing Transformers: War for Cybertron a bunch. Went through the whole campaign co-op on hard with a friend. Good lord some of the bosses get ridiculous. Trypticon especially. Multiplayer's really fun though. Apparently I am really good at it or something because I went 19-3 by myself after my entire team quit and it was just me against the full other team (5 guys).

I've also been playing Dawn of War 2 campaign, which is pretty fun. I don't get into too many RTS games but I like how DoW2's more like an RPG with leveling and equipment and whatnot.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
I hear that you collect gear and whatnot in DoW 2 campaign, is it spess marins only?

Also spektur reminded me I picked up that indie pack and that I need to get back to penumbra.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1344 on: June 30, 2010, 10:43:45 PM »
Also spektur reminded me I picked up that indie pack and that I need to get back to penumbra.

I missed out on that, unfortunately.  'twas between paychecks and I was trying to finish paying off a car that some uninsured (insert black racial epitaph of choice here) bitch decided to destroy.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1345 on: July 04, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »
ssfiv makes me rage so hard.  endless lobby, wait 15 or so minutes to play, do ok first round but lose, do shit second round, realize i have to wait another 15 minutes to play again.  NOT FUN BROS, NOT FUN.  3 man lobby MAXIMUM is preferred for me.  

so i go to hdr, win all the games i play.  

go to ggpo and play ST, push buttons so fast this guy accuses me of using turbo (any idiot can mash jab with two fingers fast as turbo)

he ragequits, and i play a bison, we go about 50/50 for a while, and he leaves, but ultimately good games, nigga knew how to play st bison.  

I AM GOING TO GET BLAZBLUE CS AND PUT FORTH EFFORT INTO LEARNING IT, so i look forward to that, and starcraft 2...on the same day.  

so yeah, ill still play ssfiv, but not if i have to wait a long time, because i won't get better that way.  ultimately though, i have a decently large list of various fightans i wouldn't mind playing.  ill keep doing subtle hints until more people are interested in playing some shit.    but i mean ggpo is free, so im surprised nobody has jumped on that bandwagon yet.  be playing randoms/people i hunt down elsewhere(irc, 4chan, srk) in the meantime.  

more text because im a whore.  timing in st and hdr are different, bit annoying when i can do shit easily in hdr and have problems pulling it off in st.  i can do zangief crossup bodysplash, cjab, cjab, s short, c roundhouse (or substitute roundhouse for a tick spd) decently often in hdr, but not st.  that combo/tick setup is pretty nasty on the damage it does.  the combo is 50%, and if you go for a tick spd it's about the same damage as his damn 720.  

and ill end with this

&feature=related

*EVEge

almost didn't buy anything in the recent steam sale, but i did at the last second.  got trine for $4.00, been meaning to pick it up for a while now.  pretty damn good game.  

AEFUFUA****

got guilty gear working (offline anyway) on http://ggxx.wingdreams.net/

obviously dicking around with potemkin, with a few other characters that seem fun (i-no, faust, may, dizzy). 

so i go and see this, and remember that big heavy immobile dudes aren't low tier in every game.  100% combos, THIS AINT ST  :o

so im casually dicking around training mode of blazblue and guilty gear.  would like to advance to the level of a bad blazblue player, which is better than the blindfolded deafguy which is how i play right now.  seems like unlike street fighter, you want to get your combos/bnb down BEFORE jumping into random matches against people who can do that shit on your ass all day.  you can survive a street fighter match on fundamentals, unless i pick tager and 720 some fools, i ain't going to win till i get some combos down. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:24:50 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 06, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »
Metro 2033 is grand. I feel somewhat guilty that I can only remember like 3 characters, but everyone seems to suffer from the same problem stalkers characters had. Still has great atmosphere and feeling to it, but I don't want to play it unless I can really get into it.

vladgd

« Reply #1347 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:35 AM »
i popped in bionic commando.  i only payed $10.00 for the damn thing, and i would be making yet another lengthy post in the anger thread if i had spent more.  but i won't. 

i can see the game has some good ideas, but thus far, does not execute on those ideas that good. 

something about it that doesn't feel like it's a quality game.  i guess ill occasionally piss around it when im bored, but frankly i would rather browse /v/ when boredom occurs.

it's funny i spend more time reading about/buying games than i do playing them.  wish i could put my kid glasses back on when getting a game was a grand experience in itself.     

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 11, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »
Yeah, now when I buy a game I don't even play it the same day, or if I do it's not for long. Last game I did was brawl, and that didn't last.

but I just spent the entire day playing Monster Hunter tri. I beat Rathian, saw I couldn't get any new weapons, and moved on to Lagracias and made a switch axe from him. He was a real fucker too, killed me on my third fight with him and I raged hard, then I noticed I still had his tail that I cut off and I was so goddamn happy.

Still not happy with how you make weapons in this game, it definitly pigeon holes you into only making specific types of shit (at least, so far).

Alright then, Red Faction go-rilla is a fairly fun game so far. It reminds me of a Jax and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank type game more then a GTA type game.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:21:29 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1349 on: July 17, 2010, 03:22:05 AM »
me and married bro have been planning on playing some donkey kong together for about...over 4 months now.  finally, we have a time in which we can play.

co-op, donkey kong country 3, 51%.

i wish i owned a donkey kong game for the snes back when, because this shit is among some of the best platforming that exists, which is hard, but not too hard. 

basically i had a great time and look forward to the next time we play.