Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586966 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1485 on: September 15, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »
i spend a lot of money

i played reach yesterday.  friend brought it over, did SPLIT SCREEN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER with some bros.  i yelled a lot, but it was alright.  figure i pick it up to get some games in with my brethren.  but i mean, the bullshit in halo is a lot less than call of duty, but at the same time because of that, harder to get kills. 

the best part, two of em are getting sf2hdr hopefully around next paycheck.  hopefully alternate in-between games. 

pic related to vidya

and civ v next week...

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 15, 2010, 08:06:41 PM »
Ok, I'm not trying to be an asshole, and sorry if I come off as one. I've seen SF gameplay. I've always cringed at how much damage stuff does. Again and again, I've said that this is my opinion. I just personally think that making everything do a ton of damage is stupid.

I guess since SF has fewer options for things to do, blocking a crossup is easier, but I still think it's kinda ridiculous to have a ToD that you can initiate off of a crossup.

I'd agree, but ST is an OLD game. It's just how the game is played, like how getting dust looped in guilty gear basically fucks you over majorly (fuck, getting trapped in a corner can get you fucked over by someone who is good with Eddie).

Also I'm finally in love with 3S. I'm getting a hold of Makoto, I've got a good handle of Dudley, and I can already use Ibuki and Alex decently enough (really have a plan of attack involving Ibuki's or Alex's supers, but I'm working on it).

Goddamn GGPO needs to unfuck their program.

Holy fuck, I just stomped Gill's skull in. I was using Makoto, and in the second round I trapped him in a corner, grabbed him several times, stunned him and KOed him. After that he resurrects and has almost full health, I then attack and end up killing him without losing half of my health. Felt amazing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:40:02 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1487 on: September 15, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »
that 3s online needs to come out already.  im fine with ggpo when it works, but it's the arcade version.  no training mode.  so ill use hugo until i have access to training mode, then ill switch to urien.  i mean, learning how to use aegis reflector, and his charge partitioning stuff, i would really prefer training mode to learn that stuff. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 15, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
Halo Reach is really fun online unless you get Team Slayer DMRs or SWAT, at which point the game becomes terrible. Most boring fights ever and you just die from instant headshots every 10 seconds.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 15, 2010, 11:18:36 PM »
that 3s online needs to come out already.  im fine with ggpo when it works, but it's the arcade version.  no training mode.  so ill use hugo until i have access to training mode, then ill switch to urien.  i mean, learning how to use aegis reflector, and his charge partitioning stuff, i would really prefer training mode to learn that stuff. 

Yeah, the only way I learned Makoto is because someone on 2DF showed me a few tips.

Also Eggman, really? How similar/different is it to Halo 3? Also I used to love swat in Halo 2/3. Me and a friend wrecked ass in a 2 on 5 round of swat once, was amazing.

K-Mann

« Reply #1490 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
Just got Reach myself, its pretty nifty so far. I like it a lot.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 16, 2010, 02:46:09 AM »
Wow, I actually won a round of Elite Slayer. Pretty handily too. The hologram is really really awesome and gets you many cheap kills. Especially when you grab the sword. And then you sit in a small room and sit in one corner. And then send the hologram to run to the other side of the room so anyone walking by can see it go running. And then you just walk up behind them and stab them.

vladgd

« Reply #1492 on: September 16, 2010, 05:50:43 AM »
im really REALLY bad at this game.  but i would say if i am allowed to hang around close quarters areas, im ok.  think the best game i played was on boneyard, camping in the multi story building.  pistol/needle rifle, jetpack.  harass with needle rifle from the distance, shift around and let them come to me, then drop their shields with a melee/pistol, and finish em off with whatever is situationally better to use.  since my aim is bad, i prefer using the pistol at a closer range than dicking around with the rifle at longer range.  play to your strengths right?

also, having ghost riding faggots running you over gets old so damn fast.  BUT THATS WHY GOD INVENTED THE ARMOR LOCK, FAGGOT GHOST RIDER WANTING TO MAKE YOU ROAD KILL, PUNCH THAT ARMOR LOCK AND LIVE, OR EVEN HAVE THEM CRASH INTO YOU BLOWING THEMSELVES UP, ITS BEYOND FUCKING AWESOME AND CAPS LOCK IS RELEVANT.  seriously though, if there's ghosts on the map, im using armor lock or jetpack. 

so far, my favorite multiplayer is big team slayer on spire.  friend of mine camps the helicoptor, i jump in  one of the turrets, camp the top of the spire, free kills for me, free wheelman streaks for just driving for him, lots of fun. 

vladgd

« Reply #1493 on: September 17, 2010, 04:28:53 AM »
so i was playing with bros for hours, and this was our last game.  team slayer on the blood gulch style map.  i spawn, go for the sniper, and some faggot takes it.  i start shooting him goading him to attack me.  some random enemy sniper kills me, and he teabags my body. 

i spawn, find him, unload my pistol on him...another sniper hits me to drain my shields as he punches me, killing me.  for those unaware, if you are the victom of a "betrayal" or a team mate killing you, you can boot their ass from the game, which i did.   

got a nice whiny message out of it, and lots of laughs.  im going to request anybody who has nothing better to do to tell this sniper rifle stealing faggot not to steal vladgd's sniper rifle, because it's mine. 

you got to love abusing an anti griefing mechanic to grief others. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 17, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
That's always fun. Also speaking of rage, I tried some Battlefront 2 online today. Never played online before, but I'm guessing there's an explosion of new players on because most people seem terrible. I took out a decent amount of space ships online and I JUST found out you can repair your main ships shields. Then after that I realized that no one online seems to know that you can block force pushes and pulls. So I ran around in a heroes game blocking and countering everyone. I had two people at the end of a match cry that I was lagging because I blocked and punished them. Shit was awesome.

If anyone wants to coop, let me know.

vladgd

« Reply #1495 on: September 18, 2010, 02:21:26 AM »
ssfiv

playing cammy

the search for a main continues

i really, really should stop playing this game.  but, the people i play with, they don't have hdremix.  THEY SHOULD FUCKING BUY HDREMIX SO I CAN PLAY A FIGHTAN I WONT BITCH AT ALL THE TIME!

*edit*

play ST on ggpo.  talk to opponent about hdr.  "don't even mention that game"

MY FACE

as he beats my ass like 7 to 3 with his dee jay.  though, him winning wasn't the rage, they were actually good games and it's nice fighting people better than i am to get better, but ignorant people about hdr.  i mean, how can you hate a game that is ESSENTIALLY THE SAME FUCKING GAME?  there's minor balance stuff (gief is actually quite a bit worse in ST), timing for stuff is different (i never miss tick throws in hdr, i never land them in ST), but for the most part, it's the same thing.  

*edit*

add juri and cody to characters ill try. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:24:05 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 18, 2010, 06:50:33 PM »
People are really hard headed when it comes to fightan. Any small changes which might make them not as good = they hate it.

Oh and questions. Without too many spoilers, do I want to upgrade the ship in ME2? and can I after that mission were you play as Joker?

vladgd

« Reply #1497 on: September 18, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
uhh, yeah you can upgrade your ship.  you should if you don't want anything "bad" to happen.  also, i hope you did all the missions you wanted to do, because iirc you are allowed one mission (should be legions loyalty mission), and after that, if you don't go on your suicide mission, more "bad" things will happen. 

K-Mann

« Reply #1498 on: September 19, 2010, 12:57:46 PM »
Juri is definitely my favourite, other than maybe Fei Long. I gotta hop on there again. I'm still ultra terrible.

Currently playing Halo: Reach. Lots of fun. Going to maybe go online with it today, see how that plays out. Haven't played Halo online since #3 and even then it was only a match or two. DEFINITELY gonna be a little rusty.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 19, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
Have fun getting hit by only headshots the entire day.