Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588238 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1500 on: September 20, 2010, 02:16:58 AM »
Bought BC2 once I realized it was 30 bucks, downloading as I type. Also I've been playing CSS again lately and I feel like I'm getting my grove back. I just won a gun game after starting well behind everyone else (granted, most people seemed not to try and seemed to teamkill a lot).

Oh, and is Cave Story on the Wii worth it? I've had some points from buying monster hunter and it about covers half the cost of it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:24:33 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1501 on: September 20, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »
playing more reach.  maby i don't suck as much as i thought.  big team battle is kind of bullshit.  playing 4v4 team slayer, rumble pit, and even firefight i do pretty alright. 

i was getting streaks of having most of my games being top 3, which for me is really weird since im ass.  pretty fun when you get going though.  also, play with 3 friends, somewhat work together and it works wonders.  also, why do people run through doorways when a red dot is right by the door?  ive killed many people via melee attack because they don't pay attention.  use grenades bro, because if i get that first melee hit, im getting the second hit every time. 

saved a few games from the night, might record and upload a few. 

THAT AND I UHH...minecraft.  you can't buy the game right now because of site problems, but because of that you can play it for free till that gets fixed.  so i played some of that, and it's surprisingly good.  i play super paranoid of the kamakazi creeper fuckers, so ive been working on building a network of caves and whatnot.  so far i pretty much never go outside where it's dangerous. 

i have a cave going from my spawn down to the mountain base where i first found coal.  from there i colonized the top of the mountain which is safe from enemies and i am able to safely cut and plant trees up there.  it's nothing impressive compared to what other people do, but just having several bases fairly far apart all connected is a pretty nice feeling. 

though, now that i have my spawn cave completed, i can die...with easy access to my network of safety.  i mean it beats getting killed at night, then having to find your way back to your home in the dark, with everything trying to kill you.  instead it's three steps away, dig through a dirt, put the dirt back, BAM, safety.  ill probably end up buying this game.  maby not right away, obviously due to the fact that you can't currently buy it because of website problems, but civ 5 is TOMORROW!

IM NOT EVEN AUTISTIC!  (unless exposure to the game has made me autistic...)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 20, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »
&feature=related

You should enjoy this then. Also I'm sort of interested in that game, but I'm far too impatient.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1503 on: September 20, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
Been playing minecraft too. Damn fun game, considering it's still in alpha... I'm gonne be damn depressed when the free weekend ends, because after playing alpha, the free versions are gonna be crap. And I'm poor, with prospects for a co-op position looking pretty shitty right now, so god knows when I'll have money to buy it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:47 PM »
Finished the Halo: Reach campaign, didn't really feel anything for it. It's pretty much just a way of making you familiar with what the multiplayer maps are, which would work if literally everyone who played Halo didn't play multiplayer before even trying the campaign. It was pretty bland overall though. Hunters are annoying.

Also finished Yakuza 3, which was absolutely fantastic. It also has a retarded amount of stuff to it. I beat the story in 17 hours, 17 minutes. And the completion percentage shows 12.85%. 12.85%. Good lord. Really good story.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to play next while I wait around for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and I guess the third Professor Layton game works pretty well but when I've got a 50" TV available I kind of want to use it yeah? Trying to figure out if I want to buy Wipeout HD Fury or just play Nier.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1505 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:45 AM »
Fucking Minecraft.  God damnit.  There went my whole fucking night.

Totally worth it, though.  I think I might throw up a s.net server when Alpha comes back up if enough people are interested.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 21, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »
Also finished Yakuza 3, which was absolutely fantastic. It also has a retarded amount of stuff to it. I beat the story in 17 hours, 17 minutes. And the completion percentage shows 12.85%. 12.85%. Good lord. Really good story.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to play next while I wait around for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and I guess the third Professor Layton game works pretty well but when I've got a 50" TV available I kind of want to use it yeah? Trying to figure out if I want to buy Wipeout HD Fury or just play Nier.

Yakuza 3 is PS3 only right? I still want a PS3 and will probably pick up a used one once I get a new job (fucking hopefully soon). Also is Castelvania lords of shadow multiplat? From what I've heard it's really shaping up to be a great 3D castelvania game.

Also Mass Effect 2 is done.

Thought it was fun, only beef I had with the combat was the way cool downs were changed from the first game to the second. Also didn't like how guns were just straight upgrades and how there was a very small amount of different armor parts to change in and out. The ending was dumb (why make a human reaper? What's the point?) but the story overall wasn't bad. All of the characters seemed a bit over the top (outside of Miranda, Jacob, and Legion), but most of them were interesting anyways. Had Jack and Grunt die at the end, which basically takes out all my close ranged fighters. Still, as far as story characters they were some of the few who didn't seem like they would mind dying. I about flipped a shit when Garrus almost died near the end. Also I probably fucked myself over by giving the collector ship to the illusive man, considering he has this generic evil smile once he has it.

but yeah, good game. Ending was sort of a let down, but not bad.

Oh and I'm still loving Muramasa, moreso then other m and ME2.

Also this guy is fairly smart
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/09/17/mafia-2-producer-thinks-the-industry-has-an-obsession-with-gay-space-marines-developer-pop-quiz-5/

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 21, 2010, 09:06:32 PM »
Yeah, the Yakuza series has always been only for Sony stuff (PS2/PS3/PSP). The games all have really nice recaps of the last games in the series too so you can catch up on things really easily.

And yeah Castlevania's multiplatform. I had heard that the 360 version was 2 discs while the PS3 version was 1 disc but I don't know if that's true or what. I'm told there's no real difference between the two versions though.

vladgd

« Reply #1508 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:07 AM »
played hella civ v

i would tell you how my single game went, but we didn't finish it.  yeah, game isn't done, and we played hella civ v.  it's getting there though.  there's persia, who's pretty much on borrowed time.  then we got the iriquois who have a lot of stuff, but not enough.  everyone else is either dead, or a city state, or a city state who will be dead soon. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1509 on: September 23, 2010, 01:01:57 AM »
Fucking Minecraft.  God damnit.  There went my whole fucking night.

Totally worth it, though.  I think I might throw up a s.net server when Alpha comes back up if enough people are interested.

I SO want to play multiplayer with you guys. But since Alpha's back online, and I don't have money to pay for it (or I sure as hell would have bought it the moment the site came back), I'm kinda SOL for now :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 23, 2010, 03:15:03 AM »
Speaking of minecraft

http://texyt.com/minecraft+persson+notch+indie+game+success+00127

I goddamn envy this guy, this game has gotten stupidly popular.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1511 on: September 23, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »
My god. That is an indie game developer's dream.At least we know he can afford to upgrade the servers whenever they reach capacity :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1512 on: September 23, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »
According to http://minecraft.net/stats.jsp:

783581 registered users, of which 214515 (27.37%) have bought the game.

214,515 *
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1513 on: September 24, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »
Goddamn, almost makes me think that he doesn't really need my money, lol. I'd still pay, but man, how the hell do you get that successful while releasing a game in it's ALPHA stage? Really? (how many people even think something in an alpha state should be released publicly, for that matter...)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 24, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
Welp, I'm really enjoying BC2.

Had a round were I ramped over an MCOM station, killed the two guys camping it, and then disarmed the bomb. Then on my last round I ran up some stairs to an MCOM, had my teammate die in front of me, somehow managed to kill the guy that killed him (my vision was horribly blurred) and then killed a guy charging the MCOM right prior to it exploding and winning us the round.