Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 589862 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1530 on: October 15, 2010, 12:41:26 AM »
Breath of fire 3 is killing me with the Master system. Basically you chose a master and you either excel or decelerate at specific talents (usually they split between physical or magic) and I basically need both magic and physical for the main character.  

but I think I have everything set up nicely now.

Modified for updates.

Still yet to beat anything, but I'm really enjoying BC2. Well, enjoying less than I was. I've got my hands on a few decent shotguns (the spas and the N2000) and I've now realized that I love the slug shots with a pump gun. It's a one shot kill from a shockingly far distance to the upper chest/head region. Outside of that I really lost interest in the automatics. I've just seen to forgot how to kill people with them. Oh yeah, and I've gotten used to the sniping in game and I found it fairly easy, a chest shot at no scope range does basically lethal damage. Also the community is terrible.

and Hitman Contracts is DONE. Outside of some goofy AI and the fact that you can't change your loadout prior to beating the game, it was really enjoyable. Also you have to love the fact that they have an M60 and a Gatling gun in a stealth game.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:55:50 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 24, 2010, 02:14:47 AM »
Here's a Firefly-class ship landed on Ganymede, Jupiter's third moon. Io is visible over Jupiter. This is Orbiter, by the way.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:29:07 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 24, 2010, 04:32:14 AM »
huh?

Also after playing some reach, I really like the game. It's a hell of a lot better then Halo 3, and the range weapon balance seems a bit better. Not as awesome as timesplitters, but definitely a damn fine console shooter.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1533 on: October 24, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
Yes, I definitely like what they did with reach. I haven't played that much, but what I have played, I really enjoyed. Haven't played any multiplayer though, so I dunno how it fares in that respect, but the co-op gameplay is really awesome.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 24, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »
I haven't played ANY coop/single player, but the multiplayer is fairly fun. My friend seemed to be enjoying the coop, and he said himself he wasn't the biggest fan of Halo 3. I didn't get to use all the guns, and evidently none of the objective based maps have vehicles, but I was liking what I saw.

Also plasma pistol is top tier. I would just fire a charged round into the general area of an enemy and the shit would track them, it feels much better then any of the other beams. Do people still cry about people using it?

K-Mann

« Reply #1535 on: October 25, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
Noob combo was really only a powerhouse in ODST. I think they lowered the power down a titch for Reach, as its taken me one or two charged shots to really break any shields.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 26, 2010, 03:01:48 AM »
Nah, it's definitely a 1 hit shield dropper, and a it seems to hone in on enemies shockingly well. It's only downfall is it drains ammo when you constantly charge it.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1537 on: October 27, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »
So I started playing Oblivion the other day.  It actually managed to draw me in this time.

I'll bet it's because (1) after four years computers can finally handle running it (this computer can max out the graphical settings...my last computer, despite being a damn good rig two years ago and having been built two years after Oblivion came out, occasionally stuttered) and (2) I'm taking the game at face value and am not making any attempt to be clever.  Sandbox games tend to fall apart at the seems right when you hit a wall, so I've been focusing on doing quests without trying to undermine the system.

It's been working well so far (though I have yet to do a single quest in the main storyline!).  I've been really enjoying myself with it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 28, 2010, 05:50:25 PM »
Aw shit http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/10/28/patch.aspx##

Also TF2 still runs like shit. I thought I was fine (my connection is inconsistent right now) but then I started an offline game and my FPS still dipped down to 30 or so FPS during the more action oriented section of the game.

I also can't seem to exit out of Avast, but I can shut down all of its web shields and the problem still persists. What do?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:42:28 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1539 on: October 29, 2010, 12:33:27 AM »
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons.

Gwahahahahaha!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 29, 2010, 01:11:39 AM »
Yes, I was plenty pleased with that considering I started using RPS (it doesn't say anywhere in the game that they do more damage when they do, goddamn).

Also TF2 is still goofy, but it works on servers with a low player count. Still unsure what's going on, but someone else on my friendlist is having the same problem.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 04, 2010, 02:47:35 AM »
So I started playing Oblivion the other day.  It actually managed to draw me in this time.

I'll bet it's because (1) after four years computers can finally handle running it (this computer can max out the graphical settings...my last computer, despite being a damn good rig two years ago and having been built two years after Oblivion came out, occasionally stuttered) and (2) I'm taking the game at face value and am not making any attempt to be clever.  Sandbox games tend to fall apart at the seems right when you hit a wall, so I've been focusing on doing quests without trying to undermine the system.

It's been working well so far (though I have yet to do a single quest in the main storyline!).  I've been really enjoying myself with it.

Yeah, I bought Oblivion again too earlier this week... only to have my graphics card fry before I could get it set up. Do you have any experience installing FMOD: Convergence? I tried it for like 6 fucking hours and reinstalled 3 times, shit is impossible :|

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1542 on: November 04, 2010, 01:34:30 PM »
Nah, I never installed it.  I generally only use mods that fix the game (i.e. Unofficial Oblivion Patch to fix the billions of quest bugs and BTMod to fix the broken interface on the PC version) and ones that add helpful visual effects (like Harvest [Flora]).  I love its huge install guide, though. :x

I did find one major WTF with Oblivion.  If you have a joystick plugged in (such as the 360 controller that I literally only use for its headset port) and the stick moves at all, you're suddenly rendered almost completely unable to move with the keyboard.  The worst part is that I literally have to disconnect the controller in order to fix this, since there is no way to simply disable the joystick.  Sure, Oblivion is far from the only game that doesn't allow you to ignore game controller input, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 04, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »
It doesn't even allow you to adjust the dead zone?

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1544 on: November 04, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »
Nope.  All it lets you do it set which action you want each thumbstick to perform (be it looking or moving).  I don't think they even considered that not all game controllers are Xbox/DualShock-style, nor did they consider that not all dual-stick gamepads use the same mappings for their analog sticks (I don't believe Oblivion works with the Xbox 360 controller out of the box, actually -- I don't think my right stick functions at all since it doesn't return what Oblivion expects it to*).

All in all, it's probably about the worst joystick "support" I've ever seen in a game.  They would have been better off not including it.

*Edit: To clarify, Oblivion expects the left stick to return X/Y analog values and the right stick to return Z and Z rotation.  The Xbox 360 controller, which the game was technically designed for, returns the expected X/Y axis for the left stick, but returns XRot/YRot for the right.  This can be changed by editing Oblivion.ini, but why in the holy mother of fuck should anyone have to do that?

Oh, there's also a nice little "bUse Joystick" variable in the file.  I'm glad they couldn't just make that a little checkbox in the options menu.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:40:46 PM by Spectere »