Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582144 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1680 on: September 28, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
Oh yeah, I've heard about instant wire. I haven't been using it much because I prefer to keep things compact and instantwire rigs don't tend to be. Also that many updates happening all at once would probably end up lagging and glitching, and to be honest if I'm going to put that much effort into making a computer with less than reliable components, I may as well make it in real life. Which I might end up doing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:25:40 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1681 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
Oh yeah, I've heard about instant wire. I haven't been using it much because I prefer to keep things compact and instantwire rigs don't tend to be. Also that many updates happening all at once would probably end up lagging and glitching, and to be honest if I'm going to put that much effort into making a computer with less than reliable components, I may as well make it in real life. Which I might end up doing.

Ahh. How would you go about making it IRL? Personally I'd try getting an FPGA and some stuff and design my processor as a soft core.

Also, I've been playing me some Baldurs Gate 2. Jesus fuck that game is unforgiving, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 29, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
I'm probably going to get that in the near future. I've beaten most of the games I still care about and I've been wanting to get back into some older RPGs. I have Fallout already, I just need to figure out how to fix this odd graphical glitch I got last time.

Also I'm starting to get into LoL, I finally had a "good" match with a character I enjoyed and I could see myself playing this for a short while.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 29, 2011, 05:34:42 PM »
Ahh. How would you go about making it IRL? Personally I'd try getting an FPGA and some stuff and design my processor as a soft core.

I'm not sure yet, but I know it's possible. Really I just like the idea of having a homemade computer. Also I'm starting to really get into computer hardware and I figure I'll eventually get to making a simple computer from essentially scratch.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1684 on: September 29, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »
Ahh. How would you go about making it IRL?

Transistors.  Lots. ;)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1685 on: September 30, 2011, 12:30:52 AM »
Ugh, I'd rather make a relay logic computer than a transistor computer, lol. Mostly because transistors are such fussy things to work with (gotta get the bias right, and some logic gates look fucking weird when you see how their actual circuit is laid out). That, and the clacking of thousands of relays switching states sounds awesome.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 09, 2011, 04:44:54 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFUCK SSF4 AE. The inputs are too fucking ambiguous (down forward twice will give you a DP, as just an example) and it causes me and other people to get the wrong fucking move multiple times. I just lost 5 or so matches I SHOULD have won due to this. and fuck Eggman for saying the inputs where fine, I knew something was wrong from the start and a while later I found out how stupidly sloppy they made them.

I've honestly been enjoying SSF4 AE but goddamn the inputs are honestly the worst part of the game. Played tons of other fighters and I've never had this problem. Maybe I should just get a goddamn stick.

The TF2 community has gone down the shitter. Pony fags everywhere and tons of people that will camp spawn as a medic combo and then shit talk afterwards. It's just sad, I had a game where this guy came over to our team and trash talked saying that even him playing with us couldn't make us unshitty (teams were pretty badly stacked, they had about twice as many points as us) and when the round ended he went back to his team. Good thing was we won the final round after I did some minor gloating (had this happen a while back with a heavy/medic team, which was also spawn camping and shit talking).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:24:42 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 19, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »
Really hope CS:GO is a good game, it looks like it's taking all the right paths to be one (re-balancing old maps, re balancing the guns, getting pro players from 1.6 and source to help make the game more balanced) and I'll probably get it considering it won't even be full priced.

It's gotten me back into CS:S, and I found an awesome server where people will actually make plans and work together (plus the normal cash flow means you need to use weapons outside of assault rifles) and it's nuts. I rarely see players of this skill level, and actually getting a 2 KDR feels like an accomplishment on there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:24:49 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1688 on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »
(plus the normal cash flow means you need to use weapons outside of assault rifles)

^ THIS.

Seriously, that's the thing that I miss most about beta CS.  People didn't change server settings as much, so you actually had to work for your weapons.  You couldn't start with a deagle and get a bullpup by the next round like you can in CS:S half of the time.

But anyhoo, I'm kind of out of the loop here.  Is CS:GO a mod or is it going to be the next iteration of CS?  If it's the latter, hopefully it doesn't take as long for it to become a solid game as CS:S did.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 20, 2011, 03:54:34 AM »
No, CS:GO is a new game being released by Valve, but they're only charging 20 or so dollars.

Also I agree with the cash flow thing, gets even worse on servers that allow AWP. Half the people there will use the damn thing.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1690 on: October 20, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
For as popular and timeless as CS is, $20 is definitely reasonable.  SOME PEOPLE (not, like, me, or anything <_<) people pay close to that monthly for online games.

And yeah, the cash flow and balance issues are two of the main reasons that I don't care to play CS anymore.  When there are only a few weapons that are worth picking and you can pick all of them in a round or two, most of the content that the game provides becomes meaningless.

One of the reasons that I played Action Quake 2 for so long is that each weapon had its own distinct set of disadvantages.  I fucking loved that shit.  I wish more people (i.e. not ones equipped with aimbots) still played it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 26, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
Yeah, they wouldn't outright charge full price for a new CS game, I don't think they've ever done that.

Also recently reinstalled stalker CoP modded with SMRTER (since ulti recommended it) and it's enjoyable. Something about stalker is always fun for me.

I also started playing Chrono Trigger and I'm enjoying it a LOT. Game is wildly impressive graphically (for an SNES game and all).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1692 on: October 26, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
Chrono Trigger uses an absolutely massive ROM -- 32 megabits, or 4 megabytes.  Even with that in mind, it still had to compress everything down to make it all work.  Even after all of that, some features had to be cut because they wouldn't fit in the given space.

It was, and still is in a lot of ways, an absolutely massive game.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1693 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
It could be worse. I believe that ToP (correct me if I'm wrong) used a separate chip in the cartridge to decompress graphics on the fly, just to fit into a 32mbit rom...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1694 on: October 26, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
Yeah, Tales of Phantasia went even more crazy with the custom chips and compression.  Then again, IIRC, that's also the one that had a stunning musical intro, complete with vocals.

ToP was also the first 48 megabit SNES game.  6 megabytes for a 16-bit game.  Not too shabby.

The funniest part is that computers were far more powerful than consoles at the time.  Even VGA offered a higher resolution and more simultaneous colors (and, for that matter, a larger palette to choose from) but the storage media is what really held it back.  We had hard drives, but to get the game onto the hard drive you'd need to load it sloooooooowly from floppies.  It's easy to forget that CD-ROM drives were a luxury item in the early 90s.

But, that's okay.  We got, by far, the best version of Doom. :p

Edit: Oh god, I should go through some of my shareware CDs some day! :o
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:43:12 PM by Spectere »