Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567437 times)

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1725 on: January 05, 2012, 07:09:39 AM »
I have this really bad habit of being a chink and not paying for games at its usual $60 pricetag when it comes out. This time I decided to do that with Portal 2. (got it on sale at steam for 7 bucks FUCK YEA)

Just finished the game. Let me tell you something though. Entire game: 10/10. Last 4 minutes of the game (post boss battle): -1/10

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

Code: [Select]
Why was that ending so god damn shitty? Really? THE MOON???

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1726 on: January 05, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »
Super Castlevania IV.

Awesome stuff, that.
"This is a machine for making cows."

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1727 on: February 07, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
Super Castlevania IV.

Awesome stuff, that.

After Dawn/Aria of Sorrow that's easily my favorite Castlevania. (plus the only other one i own)

Recently I've dove back into some classic SNES titles, namely Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Phantasia and now Ogre Battle (which is brutally hard)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 08, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »
Picked up Spess Marin for like 17 bucks off of steam, and I feel very guilty now realizing that Thief 1 and 2 are on GOG for 10 bucks each. I've been meaning to play those two for a while.

Also yeah, Aria of Sorrow is probably one of the best Metroidvania games in the series.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 08, 2012, 05:05:28 PM »
I have this really bad habit of being a chink and not paying for games at its usual $60 pricetag when it comes out. This time I decided to do that with Portal 2. (got it on sale at steam for 7 bucks FUCK YEA)

Just finished the game. Let me tell you something though. Entire game: 10/10. Last 4 minutes of the game (post boss battle): -1/10

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

Why was that ending so god damn shitty? Really? THE MOON???

I thought it was pretty cool.

K-Mann

« Reply #1730 on: February 13, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
I thought it was pretty cool.

Basically this.

OH SHIT NIG YOU GOIN TO THE MOON HAHAHAHAHA F*****T.

Felt good man

Modified: I am playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim and Bastion. And in two weeks it will be SSX. And a week after that Mass Effect 3

My poor xbox...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:48:52 PM by K-Mann »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 14, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
Modified: I am playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim and Bastion. And in two weeks it will be SSX. And a week after that Mass Effect 3

Oh god, some damn good games.

spoiler for Deus Ex though, but I'm sort of glad I knew this prior to coming to this part.

It's possible to save Malik

also another one.

Don't update your software, it makes the next boss fight a pain

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1732 on: February 14, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »
Playing Kingdoms of Amaulr, fucking awesome with an xbox controller, not as awesome on keyboard.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1733 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
I tried out Borderlands a couple of weeks ago just to remind myself why I dislike that game.  I do have two friends who are interested in playing, so maybe playing the game "as it's meant to be played" will make me sorta like it.

Since then I've been simultaneously playing Skyrim, FF7, and WoW (and I've been thinking about installing FF8:PC and going through that as well).  If I had a life it would have been over as of the second I decided to do something that monumentally stupid.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1734 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »
Haha, borderlands is FAR better with friends.

I've mostly been playing Kingdoms of Amalur. I should play the Tribes: Ascend beta sometime, but I keep forgetting to. Not playing my Xbox because there's no point on the shit tv I'd have to play it on. Waiting till I get a better TV, whenever the hell I can afford that.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #1735 on: February 22, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »
Going to be completing Final Fantasy XIII by the end of the week. I guess I must have been one of the few who really enjoyed this one. Also pre-ordered SSX, so next Tuesday I'ma be waiting outside the store at 9AM to buy the game. Going to play the SHIT out of it until ME3.

Then I will have ME3, FFXIII-2, and SSX on the go at once.

My poor 360...

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1736 on: February 22, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
Haha, borderlands is FAR better with friends.

See, I'm not even sure that having friends is going to help. I find pretty much the randomized weapon game mechanic to be way, way overhyped and honestly sort of lame.  Half of the time the system generates either something broken or something useless, so picking one or the other is a no brainer.

About the only thing that I think would be interesting with friends is the combat, but that doesn't change the fact that, by and large, the badasses and bosses are basically bullet sponges that don't require any real strategy.  From what I've played of it with two player co-op, it seems like the whole game is basically filled with tank and spank combat.

Speaking of boring things, am I the only person that things that Half-Life 2 is probably the most overrated, overly-simplified, and insanely fucking BORING first-person shooter on the market?  Seriously, I tried playing it and it just about put me to sleep.  I'll happily admit that it's very well-polished and the environments are pretty, especially considering when it came out, but the entire game is dull and incredibly easy.  Seriously, every time there's a part that actually causes a bit of strain on the player's health they wind up giving you a mountain of health and HEV powerups.  I mean, really?

It's one of the few games that I hardly remember at ALL.  I can distinctly remember many scenes from FEAR 2.  I can practically recall every single area that you travel to in Deus Ex.  I have most of Doom and Doom 2 memorized.  The only thing that I distinctly remember about Half-Life 2 is Ravenholm and a parts of the climax.

At least the Episodes are pretty engaging and fun.  I think it's mainly because they don't consist of 8 hours of overly drawn out vehicle segments, 3 hours of moving objects from point A to point B, and 1 hour of holding the fire button.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Borderlands was alright, nothing amazing but a fun little romp. I do hate bullet sponge enemies, like, why do games even fucking have them? fuck. Also I really enjoyed half life, but it is easy and lacks a lot of the weapons and enemy types that the first game had. The episodes seemed to improve the game a decent amount. Is FEAR 2 good? I was talking about it with ulti and he said it was heavily consolized.

Also I'm trying to get back on track with player older RPGs, started Final Fantasy 6 and will probably play through 7 after I beat it. Playing the GBA version because I'm told it has dialog and bug fixes. Finally got my PS2 controller working and I've been using it to play controller based games. I'm also patching Fallout, but I can't get this annoying mouse bug to stop. Every time I move my mouse slowly I get this annoying stutter that makes clicking on anything a minor headache. I'll probably just endure it at this point.

Also gog.com is having a sale on a bunch of good games, I just bought Planescape Tourment and Baldour's Gate 2 for 10 bucks and just got a free game with them.

http://www.gog.com/page/promo_buy1_get1

So yeah, Need to finish Space Marine (honestly a mediocre game), Skyrim and Skyward Sword. Skyrim is just so boring when you get far enough into it, I'm going to just rush through to the ending and then replay as a stealth character after I heavily mod the game. It's just crazy how easy it is to break skyrim, I just used smithing and two handed and nothings been a challenge for 10 levels. Also Skyward sword gets a little tiring, it has like 0 exploration but the dungeons are good and the combat is at least interesting. I feel like I'm only content if I have like 10 games I can play at a time, just so I can hop around from game to game.

OH and Boobies, you need to add me on tribes (LordMortimi). I goddamn love that game, just startted getting decent at capping and it felt great getting the GOTTA GO FAST accolade. Now I just want to get the slayer one and I can die happy.

Just beat skyrim, on to the next game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:38:12 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1738 on: February 23, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »
OH and Boobies, you need to add me on tribes (LordMortimi). I goddamn love that game, just startted getting decent at capping and it felt great getting the GOTTA GO FAST accolade. Now I just want to get the slayer one and I can die happy.

I haven't even played a single game yet :/ Being that it's tribes I actually feel a bit intimidated, since I've never played another tribes game before, and I feel like I'll be horrible, since I haven't played a twitch shooter in forever. I want to play, but I never actually feel like just busting it out and playing some matches. Same goes with LoL :/ (And SC2 now T.T)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 24, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
One of my friends gave me his old PS2, so now I'm going through all of the PS1 games I still have. Right now I'm working on a 105% completion of Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Good game.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}