Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567980 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1755 on: June 23, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »
Started getting back into TF2, got pissed at a spy that had the ice dagger and the dead ringer. He could negate so much damage, and with my spastic connection it was impossible for me to counter him. Really, the dead ringer really makes spy a simple class and allows him to negate SO MUCH damage and avoid being seen. It's just dumb.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 05, 2012, 03:37:35 AM »
beat ffxiii-2, its a way better game than xiii.  what else...beat fez, beat witcher 2, both awesome games...and started up an insanity playthrough in mass effect 3 finally.

mass effect 1 insanity = pretty hard (assuming you dont import a high leveled character)
mass effect 2 insanity = really hard, totally doable, but really challenging with some real bitch parts. 
mass effect 3 insanity = so far....its like...not even joking...normal difficulty.  i literally had to check the difficulty setting a few times because this is so easy.  im about 2/3 through the game too, maby it will pick up later...but it should have done that already.  adept shep + javik biotics + any character that can down shields (i like EDI) = i cant lose. 

ohh and i found a way to consistently get to the underbelly of the club.

can i get some QA tester points now?

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 19, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »
over a month is ok to double post methinks

beat mass effect 3 on insanity, easy easy easy easy(adept + javik + liara make insanity difficulty into normal difficulty).  beat darkstar one (xbox 360 port of a space sim from 2006 on pc), not a great game, but not a bad game if you are looking for a space game on console. 

put another 70 hours into skyrim...gonna wait till the second dlc comes out then get both dlcs and put another 70 hours into the game...

without causing a shitstorm or circlejerking...i got persona 4 (p4a reminded me it existed and the price dropped on amazon)...so...

i like the game, surprise surprise.  you think it wouldnt be for me, story focused game with a bunch of anime shit in it (turn of + turn off), yet i like it.  characters and anime bullshit arent really too offensive in this one, and the game flows nicely.  as of this post i am at the end of the third dungeon. 

anything else?  i also got umvc3 and was playing that for a bit, this second time around i think its pretty alright.  i sure as hell aint good at it, but i can see it isnt as awful as i thought it was when i played vanilla.  using felicia/doom/taskmaster this time around.

AND FINALLY waiting for tekken tag tournament 2 to come out in september.  which i will use a team of bruce + one of half a dozen characters.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 30, 2012, 03:21:39 AM »
I've been meaning to get back into SF4 AE, but I haven't felt like playing any fighting games recently. So yeah, bought and beat Binary Domain, surprisingly good considering how generic it is. Got CS:GO, loving it so far, but yeah I'm a CS fanboy. They seem to have actually done a good job at balancing it, my only major gripe is awping is still too goddamn easy. Got a fuckton of games during the steam sale and getting back into emulation, so word.

Oh yeah, really getting into Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword is boring me, unsure if I'll even beat it at this point, it's just so linear and easy. Ordered Metroid Prime 2, so yeah. Also cooping Orcs must die 2, which is fun.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:37:54 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 06, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »
I have a love/hate relationship with LOL.  I love the game and love playing it but I hate some of the people I am usually teamed with.  A LOT of them are fucking retarded and don't know what to do in the game.  They act like its a normal game but its fucking ranked.  God damn I wish they would grow a fucking brain.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1760 on: February 09, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »
Eww:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Anyway, I've been paying a bit of Path of Exile lately. I like what they've done. The skill system is pretty interesting. Instead of each class getting certain skills in a progression, allocating points to the skills as you level, they've completely redesigned the skill system. Now you have gems which contain either skills, or support modifiers which can modify your skills. There are no class restrictions on items or skills, but the requirements of the skills are based on which kind of skill they are. Skills are either Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence based. For level progression, every character gains a few stat points a bit of health and some mana, but you also get passive skill points. There is a massive grid of passive skills, and each class starts in a different portion of the passive grid. There are also "keystone" passives which give you some interesting effects, such as reducing your life to 1 but making you immune to Chaos damage, which is non-elemental and does direct life damage. This works because there's something called Energy Shield which acts like shields in most modern games... Extra life, recovers quickly after a certain amount of time not taking damage.

They also completely did away with currency. Instead, they created a bunch of items which have the ability to "craft" your items. You can make non-magic items magic, rare, or even (if you're really lucky) unique, you can re-roll affixes, re-roll the gem slots, and re-roll the links between the gem slots. These all these different items are used as currency.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 06, 2013, 11:43:34 PM »
many games right now, but just finished the final mass effect 3 single player dlc, citidel.

its the best piece of content they made for the series, and long too, took me some 8 hours to get through it...roughly a quarter of the length of the entire game.

i could splurge all day, but they put everything including the kitchen sink into this thing. where the ending failed at a satisfying end, this dlc succeeds.

looking forward to the next mass effect game more than anything now.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 26, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »
How bout I fucking double post!

I obtained two games recently that I am kind of hyped for.

One being IIDX 20...and I haven't taken IIDX seriously since 2007, so it feels good to play the game again, only now with the fucking huge songlist of the arcade version.  Too bad I am kind of trash at the game now, my skill went down from beating 10's like nothing and some 11's to struggling with 9's and beating some 10's.

The other is that I got invited to the hearthstone beta...and its still in closed beta, so a LEGIT invite. AWESOME! I don't card game so I am quite awful, but it's pretty fun from what ive played.

A quiet third is ive contemplated going back to beat the elite 4 on all pokemon games I haven't done it on, so im attempting to play through emereld as the first game in that trek.  The game needed a new battery so I tore open the cart and brute forced a larger battery in that sonbitch. The cart bulges a bit, but the battery works, and the game works, so I think the game will live.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1763 on: November 16, 2013, 12:05:14 AM »
good work, vlad.

I've been stuck on League of Legends. I'm on NA as zkmr. "free" game, they said...

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:01 AM »
I play that. Add me. My ID is Newf7

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 02, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
every time i think someone is dead, they come back from the abyss.

im too goddamn ADD to play pokemon anymore i think, i probably played 30 minutes since i made that post and havent put much time into it since.

ive been back on that super street fighter 2 turbo train, lots of people in my chat have been playing it recently, so many many opponents for me.

lastly, due to black friday and the sales over the weekend....i got a lot of games....backlog increases...

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 25, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
Been playing quite a bit of FF14, LoL, and Smite.  I missed out on almost 4 months of gaming.  Why you ask?  Deployment.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 30, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Been playing quite a bit of FF14, LoL, and Smite.  I missed out on almost 4 months of gaming.  Why you ask?  Deployment.

I also enjoy the FFXIV... Server is Balmung legacy, even tho i'm not legacy :( it's just where all my irl peeps play at. Currently lv. 42 Bard
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1768 on: January 06, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »
So for Xmas my GF bought me a GTX 770 Windforce 4GB.  :o
I'm pretty sure I freaked out more opening that than any gift ever as a child.

I have officially turned from Console to PC gamer now. I've been working on my rig for a couple years now and I do believe it is finally complete, as I don't care much for flashy LED's and Cathodes. Specs to date:

In-Win BUC Full Tower
W7 Pro 64-Bit
3.4GHz Intel Core i7-2600
GeForce GTX 770 Windforce 4GB
16GB DDR3
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850 Watt
128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series Solid State Drive (For my OS and graphics programs)
2TB Seagate SATA II HD
3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6 HD
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid-Cooling Kit
Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Card

I've been playing the crap out of Far Cry 3 which probably has one of the most awesome Story Modes ever. It's like a mix of Skyrim, GTA, and Call of Duty combined. The online play is pretty sweet too. As you level up you have lots of unlockables and even a Mini Game for your Iphone or Android that helps build your online character with new weapon mods, XP and other goodies.

Anyone else take advantage of all those Steam Sales around thanksgiving? Fallout New Vegas was only 10 bucks with all the DLC. I got Far Cry 3 for 7.50. Every Tomb Raider ever for like 14 bucks. Steam has officially destroyed my desire to purchase from the Xbox live marketplace ever again I think.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:56:20 PM by Zephlar »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 08, 2014, 09:42:24 PM »
So for Xmas my GF bought me a GTX 770 Windforce 4GB.  :o
I'm pretty sure I freaked out more opening that than any gift ever as a child.

I have officially turned from Console to PC gamer now. I've been working on my rig for a couple years now and I do believe it is finally complete, as I don't care much for flashy LED's and Cathodes. Specs to date:

In-Win BUC Full Tower
W7 Pro 64-Bit
3.4GHz Intel Core i7-2600
GeForce GTX 770 Windforce 4GB
16GB DDR3
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850 Watt
128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series Solid State Drive (For my OS and graphics programs)
2TB Seagate SATA II HD
3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6 HD
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid-Cooling Kit
Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Card

I've been playing the crap out of Far Cry 3 which probably has one of the most awesome Story Modes ever. It's like a mix of Skyrim, GTA, and Call of Duty combined. The online play is pretty sweet too. As you level up you have lots of unlockables and even a Mini Game for your Iphone or Android that helps build your online character with new weapon mods, XP and other goodies.

Anyone else take advantage of all those Steam Sales around thanksgiving? Fallout New Vegas was only 10 bucks with all the DLC. I got Far Cry 3 for 7.50. Every Tomb Raider ever for like 14 bucks. Steam has officially destroyed my desire to purchase from the Xbox live marketplace ever again I think.

Welcome to the glorious pc master race of gaming. Big congrats on that amazing vidya card - that's my next upgrade for sure. Followed by a water cooled 8 core AMD (currently on 4.2 GHz FX-4170)

Far Cry 3 is one of the best single player experiences I've ever had in gaming, period. You make me want to replay it. If you like that, make sure to check out these other fine titles:

Far Cry 3: Blood dragon (everything you love about FC3, but CHEESY EIGHTIES ACTION MOVIE STYLE)
Dishonored (another one of my faves)
Metro: 2033
Bioshock: infinite (if you haven't already)
Fallout 3/New Vegas
Skyrim (PC Mods make the experience SO much better)
The Stanley Parable
Planetside 2 (F2P MMOFPS)
Path of Exile (F2P MMO diablo 2 inspired dungeon crawler, great if you had high hopes for D3 and were disappointed. Just make sure to disable/exit trade chat when you join)
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/