Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 581695 times)

vladgd

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1935 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »
-old skills retooled to be more fun, like revive and corpse explosion have a wide radius that explode all corpses or revive all corpses in said raidius, also they have no cooldown and cost no resources, only corpses
-its a bit better than d2 since there are skills and runes that can generate corpses
-no bullshit "frozen enemies dont generate corpses" in this game
-regular skeletons dont cost corpses, and its almost like an..aura? you get 7, they are around you at all times, they respawn fast when they die(one skeleton every 1-2 seconds if that), active part of the skill has them attack anything you target for a resource cost.
- golem can generate corpses(or do other things like provide a potion like heal) with a long cooldown,
-skeleton mages are temp summons that die after like 6 seconds but do an insane crazy amount of damage and cost no corpses and can generate corpses with a rune when they die
-resource works like monk except you get more resource, use primaries to generate, you get 200, and doesnt regen naturally, but you do get a skill called devour which gives you resource for each corpse...so...even early on you can have semi unlimited resource
-only 3 curses instead of what? 12 or so in d2, but you really only gave a shit about decrepify and that's one of the 3 so we all good in the hood. I think one of the other curses has a rune that sorta works like amp damage.
-don't like the mobility skill they got, its literally wizard teleport (which i don't like at all) but with a shorter cooldown i think, but instead of resource it natively costs 5% life. you can rune out of the life cost, or double down on the life cost for more charges (quadruple down if you count using both 10% life teleports). Looks cool though.
-super early on (duh) but single target damage doesn't seem good at all, so rift bosses may be an issue. future items and skill tweaks will most likely fix this.

No necro specific items in the game yet. They get phylacteries as their specific offhand but they aren't in the drop table yet and only gambled, also no uniques yet. But the class is definitely NOT the witchdoctor, they worked to make their minion stuff function fundamentally differently than the witchdoctor, and corpses and skills feel different. Plus, witchdoctor is a ranged class, they have plenty of builds that put them in melee range sure, but they dont have any melee attacks or any of that jazz (unless you count cloud of bats rune, but thats reaching). Necromancer is kind of like crusader in a sense that it has both ranged and melee and you can use both or either. They literally have a scythe melee attack that is a resource generator, and bone armor which works like a defensive armor version of the docs soul harvest.

In summery, the d2 necromancer was more of a commander who sat back debuffing while the army kills everything. d3 necromancer is more of the star of the show using his minions(or not, one passive gives you 100% armor if you have no minions, decreasing 10% for every minion you have) but also getting into the thick of things and blowing everything up. I mean the way I played mine so far has felt more like a d2 nova sorc than a necromancer.

Totes getting the class day one before playing it, and after...fuckin duh blizzard take my money.

*edit*

rank 69, i have accomplished the highest task in diablo 3.

This character has 2 hours in total played from level 1 new character to twinked out of her mind rank sixty nine, thanks gem of ease and my witchdoctor full ancient LoN set.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:27:59 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1936 on: April 13, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
I really like the sound of that. It's kind of cool how they made it so that objects in the world are effectively currency (sort of like how monks can "utilize" random urns and decorations to get some spirit back). From the sound of it, necros aren't going to be nearly as resource-starved as monks can occasionally be.

I'm a bit more positive regarding the mobility skill, as I'm generally fine with the wizard teleport. I think the hardest part that I'm going to have is whether to rune away the life cost to make it a good emergency move or to double the life cost for increased mobility. Tough call.

The single target damage should skyrocket when they start getting their own sets, methinks.

Thanks for confirming that they're pretty far removed from witch doctors. I always saw witch doctors as being the spiritual replacement for the necro in the first place, so that was a real concern of mine,
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 27, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »
Persona 5 came out, and I beat Andromeda so....

I played 20 minutes before remembering I never beat Persona 4...

I am playing Persona 4, lol.  Currently in the "void quest" dungeon, grinding because I am underleveled and even low level random encounters can wipe my party! For an "easy" entry in the smt series, it's probably the hardest jrpg ive ever played (not saying too much since my pool of jrpgs is limited). But still, the game is not giving me an easy time. Since resources and time are limited in this game, so is grinding, so yeah, even harder.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1938 on: May 02, 2017, 12:12:36 AM »
I'm in the necromancer beta now.

Aw yis.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 08, 2017, 12:58:33 PM »
Enjoying that son'b so far?

I farmed up a few of the sets (bless you dank meem the vendor) but haven't bothered to try them yet since LoN is broke powerful.

That and uhh persona has me by the balls, can't stop won't stop till I beats it, getting close...! Went from a jrpg I started 5 years ago and got kind of bored of to one I super enjoy and have over 75 hours logged thus far. Final fantasy wut? (no shh, i still love you ff9)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1940 on: May 08, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm having a ton of fun with it so far! I haven't been able to play as much as I'd really like to (I'm around level 45 now) but I'm really liking how it plays. Like you said, despite appearing similar on the surface, the necro really plays nothing like the witch doctor.

There are definitely some balance issues at lower levels, as far as damage output goes. Up until I got the skeletons it was a bit surprising how little damage it felt like I was doing compared to a similarly leveled and geared toon of any other class. The second I got skeletons it definitely swung pretty wildly in the opposite direction, though. Now, I absolutely melt face. I'm thinking things will probably settle down when I hit 70, though. That's when the game really begins, after all.

One other low level issue is that the first two passives modify the consume ability, but you don't end up getting that for a while after. Seems like Blizzard changed talent levels around without modifying the passive list. I've no doubt that'll be fixed in short order.

Speaking of RPGs, I have actually been playing the best Final Fantasy (FF9) a bit lately, under the guise of testing systems that I've brought back to life. Talk about a game that just oozes charm! I just wish it weren't so underappreciated.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 08, 2017, 08:20:12 PM »
You should import your stuff and gem of ease into level 70 within a few minutes. Unless you're seeing how the leveling process feels.

On jrpgs, its a genre very off or on for me. Either I get sucked in and dont want to stop...or im not feeling it and quit after some time played. Not to mention most of said games in the genre are final fantasy games, I don't delve much into the other stuff. However with how much im enjoying persona 4, the game structure is so different from most (all?) other jrpgs, it feels fresh and makes me want to explore the other persona games and even the other stuff in the smt franchise. People swear by nocturne, so I may pick that up later on. But i'm thinking after i finish persona 4, I need to get back on my eternal quest...

...to finish all numbered (minus the mmo games) final fantasy games.

2, 3, 4, 6, x-2, im counting lightning returns as xiii-3, and 15.

x-2 has been a game that I havent been able to keep myself interested since I got the damn game in like 2003, and i have the x/x-2 remaster, so X-2 will fall off that list this year! even if i have to play small chunks a day to get er done. I want to at least knock one game off the list every 6 months, sounds relatively doable.

AND IF YOURE PLAYING FF9 AND WANT SOME CHEESE I MADE A VIDEO FOREVER AGO

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:21:49 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1942 on: May 09, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »
Yeah, I wanted to check out how the actual leveling curve feels. I did import my stuff (I want to give challenge rifts a shot, and my wizard should be geared well enough for them), but since I started my necro as a seasonal toon so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. It shouldn't take me too long to get him up to 70. In seasons I can usually get toons to 70 in 2-3 nights, playing fairly casually. I've just been working on a ton of Secret Projects(TM) lately. :P

I've heard so many good things about the Persona series that I'm kinda thinking of trying it out P5 when I just feel like vegging out for a while (which is sort of how I managed to keep my focus throughout the original Mass Effect trilogy). It definitely looks like an interesting take on the genre.

Good luck with your quest! I find it hard to keep my focus on JRPGs for long enough to actually finish them nowadays. I managed to get through FF7 and FF8 really easily when I was in high school, but calling more recent attempts abortive would be an understatement.

And holy crap, that's some epic cheese. Miiiight have to try that. XD

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:30 PM »
I think im more or less done with the necro beta. Leveled it up, played around with some skills, overall happy with it. Id rather not waste too much time farming gear for a character that will get canned. Still, they got my money when release comes.

Finally beat persona 4. 100 hours 13 minutes....

Getting one shot in a game where main character death = game over, is kind of lame. However to the games defense, there's a damn guard feature, use it at the right time to prevent that game over screen. Still, kinda lame when you make a single mistake and it costs you 30 minutes of time. You finish the final dungeon, go through the end stuff...then what you do is get an FAQ and see what to do because...there's another dungeon and 4 more bosses for the TRUE TRUE ending, without the FAQ you'd just see the credits and think you've done everything. At that point I'm just an OP powerhouse so it was more of a victory lap than anything.

I could suck the games dick all day, but it has one of the better stories in any rpg ive played(includes wrpgs), and characters that should make square rethink some of their ideas on characters. It has its problems, but really only things i could count on one hand, it's a great game and runs for under $20.00 new on amazon. Defs a thumbs up from me. Though like recently Ive lowered my barrier from anime somewhat, so things cringey to me in the past years "OHH SEMPAI!" type stuff, didn't seem to phase me so much this time. But there's a lot of stuff like that, so maybe steer clear if you can't handle that sort of thing, I know I couldn't for the past 8 or so years.

I usually splurge after finishing a game, but now back to my post game completion limbo in what the hell to play next. Where it takes me, we'll never know.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:21:55 PM by vladgd »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 05, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
I severely doubt anyone here is playing this game or will ever play this game, but whatever.

Them Tekken 7 treasure battle pro strats, great way to get those custom doo dads and whatnot.

Enjoying the game so far from what limited time I have recently had to play. Replace street fighter 5? Not exactly hard since I played roughly 20 hours of that game in total since launch feb 2016 including the time I played the betas. Who knows though, community seems positive about the game, and I'm enjoying it right now. Now if only I could get local people to play...that'll never happen.

*edit*

must...get...to...35 dan...for no...reason....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:49:10 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1945 on: June 06, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »
Just started playing Asura. Pretty cool indie ARPG/roguelite hybrid thing. Kinda like diablo meets binding of isaac with indian mythology for the setting.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1946 on: June 09, 2017, 03:30:25 PM »
Just started playing PSO2. I haven't really been into anime or JRPG's in a long time, but this game is really bringing out my teenage Japanese obsession. I had no idea it was even an MMO until I started playing. It is an amazing game I just wish the whole thing was in English.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1947 on: June 09, 2017, 06:19:00 PM »
I'm considering whether or not I want to throw some money at grinding gear games for early access to the Path of Exile 3.0 beta or not. I could wait and play it for free, or I could throw them $30 and get 25 bucks worth of ingame currency (for extra stash tabs or something) and a bunch of little bonuses. Only problem is I don't think I have the free time to make use of access to the closed beta :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Estill

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 22, 2017, 05:29:15 AM »
Right now PREY but it's so darn hard!

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 25, 2017, 10:36:39 PM »
I picked up the witcher 3 dlc's, so went back to my game completion 148 hour file...

hour 178 currently, beat hearts of stone, diddling with blood and wine sidequests before I polish off that mammer jammer.

I don't want to say the witcher 3 is objectively probably the best rpg in history, but it probably is.

I'm actually not going to tldr this time. Recent years I've been a bit less enthusiastic about vidya, but damn if I am enjoying some great games this year. The youth is coming back to me.