Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567655 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1950 on: June 26, 2017, 10:16:18 AM »
I picked up the witcher 3 dlc's, so went back to my game completion 148 hour file...

hour 178 currently, beat hearts of stone, diddling with blood and wine sidequests before I polish off that mammer jammer.

I don't want to say the witcher 3 is objectively probably the best rpg in history, but it probably is.

I'm actually not going to tldr this time. Recent years I've been a bit less enthusiastic about vidya, but damn if I am enjoying some great games this year. The youth is coming back to me.

Just got 1 & 2 on Steam. I'm tired of hearing how amazing it is so I'm finally going to find out for myself. I am determined to play through the first 2 before I touch 3.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 26, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
1 is ehhhh

2 is great with some rough edges

3 is rpg of the year all years.

Just don't set yourself for 2-3 with how kinda janky and bad 1 is. AND you dont really need 1 or 2 in order to enjoy 3. While they do continue into eachother, sorta, they kind of dont require those games knowledge for the most part. Game 1, AMNESIA, game 2, AMNESIA AGAIN!, game 3...ok ok ok real talk not gonna use the amnesia card again

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1952 on: June 26, 2017, 04:11:20 PM »
1 is ehhhh

2 is great with some rough edges

3 is rpg of the year all years.

Just don't set yourself for 2-3 with how kinda janky and bad 1 is. AND you dont really need 1 or 2 in order to enjoy 3. While they do continue into eachother, sorta, they kind of dont require those games knowledge for the most part. Game 1, AMNESIA, game 2, AMNESIA AGAIN!, game 3...ok ok ok real talk not gonna use the amnesia card again

Duly noted lol. I had a feeling after the first cutscene in the first game I was in for a ride. I was laughing at some of the bits but I'm totally setting aside any gaming prejudice or bias I have. I'm expecting a lot of cliche bits and bad voice acting.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 27, 2017, 12:34:15 AM »
Well it gets a LOT better in the following games. I just finished Blood and Wine (second dlc for w3) and it was delicious.

Not sure right now if the choices I made lead to the scenes that transpired, but at least the illusion made me think that different events could have happened. Normal game, you get to the bad guy, have 0 choice but to kill him, see a cutscene after and watch the credits.

Witcher 3 not so much, things keep on going after you''d be sure they have ended. Ended the dlc (which in the timeline happens after the main campaign) on a high note, very pleased with the ending state of the character and company.

Now I guess I'm to play Tekken 7 until something else has my fancy. I also bought witcher 1 on steam (BECAUSE IM TOO LAZY TO INSTALL THE PHYSICAL COPY I HAVE), so maybe that, but I doubt it, lol.

*edit*

182 hours played, considering how many sidequests I have left, I believe this game is bigger than skyrim.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:42:30 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1954 on: June 27, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »
I actually enjoyed Witcher 1. It definitely doesn't play as well as 2 (and especially 3) but the story and such are still enjoyable. I need to get back to playing Witcher 3 at some point.

Also, as I mentioned in the HAPPY thread, I've been playing Super Metroid. Unfortunately, I lost my save, so I need to start from scratch! AGH. I really need to put CR2032 sockets in my carts so that doesn't happen again (and thoroughly clean and possibly repad my controllers--the buttons on my SNES controller are a tad unresponsive).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1955 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »
Forgot to post this here! I got a Switch:

I've been playing a little bit of ARMS (pretty fun, but I can't see myself ever really taking it seriously), some Binding of Isaac, and a bunch of Disgaea 5. Anxiously awaiting Metroid Prime 4, Mario Plays In Traffic, and Fire Emblem Warriors, and I'm very curious to check out Mario + Rabbids when that's out.

I may also get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm not generally too crazy about kart racers (and it's not for lack of trying, believe me), but I did enjoy that one.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 17, 2017, 04:10:23 AM »
I totes want a switch, but I'm really going to try and hold off until nintendo releases their next iteration of the thing. Bastards always release a new iteration like 1-2 months after I end up making the purchase.

Playing vidya tho? Been still Tekken flavored vidya, and I am horrible. Fighting games are a learning process madeup of forgetting what winning is as a concept and only knowing defeat. The transition from 2d to 3d has not treated me well, however on the bright side, I am enjoying my losses and having a good time learning. Winning aint everything and I'm taking small victories when I can, IE successfully setting up a counterhit launcher, or...not dropping a combo online. It's the little victories that count and eventually lead up into more real wins.

&feature=youtu.be

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1957 on: August 07, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
Locked, per this news post. Please create topics for each game instead. This will better facilitate the flow of conversation.

I've moved the World of Warcraft chat into another thread since it's very recent. If there's another topic that you guys want split off, please let me know by reporting the initial post of that conversation thread. Thanks!