Author Topic: Guitar Hero Wireless Controller trouble...  (Read 2734 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Guitar Hero Wireless Controller trouble...
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »
One of the spring loaded connection pins in the body of the guitar that's supposed to make contact with the neck is stuck. I've looked around and there does seem to be a lot of trouble with that connection mechanism, but I haven't seen anything quite like this. My solution: Solder wire into the contacts on either side, permanently joining the neck and body, doing away with the need for the original connection mechanism.

Anyone have a better idea before I follow through with this?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero Wireless Controller trouble...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »
Soldering is probably the best-looking solution. Apparently it's a common problem and there's a huge thread in Scorehero for it.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Guitar Hero Wireless Controller trouble...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:47:34 PM »
Alright. I've got 2 problems with soldering it though. One is that I always need someone to help me, because I can't hold the wire, the solder, the soldering iron and the piece I'm soldering to by my self, lol. The other is that I'm having trouble trying to avoid shorting the contact points out with the solder. One of the 2 joins I made earlier is dangerously close to the other solder contact, and I can't de-solder the wire, because it gets too hot to hold before I could melt all the solder and move the wire back a bit.

I ended up cannibalizing some Ethernet wire for this, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x