Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 487321 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1260 on: August 12, 2008, 04:38:30 AM »
i just figure when the light is off, it is no longer charging, and thus i would have to unplug, and replug again to get electricity flowing.

unless i am wrong.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1261 on: August 12, 2008, 04:43:23 AM »
Electricity is always going into the device when it's plugged in.  On some devices (in particular, some cell phones) the charge light will occasionally go on and off when the battery is full.  As for the DS, I believe it kicks the light off when the battery is fully charged and keeps it off until you unplug it and plug it back in.

In all cases, battery-powered devices will maintain the full charge when it's plugged in, regardless of whether it keeps the charge light on or not.  The main reason the light goes out on the DS (and most other devices) is to let you know that it has a full charge and is ready to rock and roll.  Even though the light is off it's still maintaining that full level.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1262 on: August 12, 2008, 04:45:19 AM »
guess that answers my question, much appreciated sir.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 12, 2008, 04:49:28 AM »
So I ended up scrapping the old desktop in my room for parts after convincing my mom that she wasn't going to use it anymore, though the only part that proved at all useful was the 120 GB hard drive. The wi-fi card might have been if I could find any win64 drivers, but I couldn't find any anywhere.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1264 on: August 12, 2008, 05:06:49 AM »
Not a problem, good sir.

Anyway, to make this post a bit less useless, I do have some small thing to rant about.

My phone is a weird motherfucker.  There's this annoying bug in the firmware that causes it to display the size of the microSD card incorrectly when I use a 2GB card (which I am right now) as 1GB.  It's a completely artificial limitation, since the phone itself can address the extra space and even reports the proper amount of free space (though its calculation of used space is off by a lot, since it seems to subtract the free space from the total space for some reason...integer wraparound causes it to report 3,428,224 KB of space used which, of course, is impossible).

The most bizarre part about this is the way other operating systems react to this oddness.  XP reads it just fine but NOTHING ELSE seems to like it at all.  Linux correctly reports that it's trying to read past the end of the device and Vista correctly picks the partition up as being incomplete, but XP just does its thing and reads it which is, no doubt, the wrong way to do it (it seems like it's probably relaxing the USB Mass Storage standards a bit to allow this sort of thing).  Not sure about OS X, but I'd imagine it would be in the same boat as Linux and Vista.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1265 on: August 12, 2008, 09:21:01 AM »
Wow, that's kinda funny. XP does something useful, but it's still going about things the wrong way.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1266 on: August 12, 2008, 11:03:02 AM »
Leaving devices plugged in until you're ready to use it seems like a pretty sound idea as well (my mom's laptop is proof of that).

For more information on how to care for li-ion batteries, check the Wikipedia article for them -- it's amazingly informative.

Wow, that is a really good article. I've jacked up the batteries of all my devices by now, I should probably start following those guidelines >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 12, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
That's why I only play it online nowadays (speaking of which, anyone else own the PC version?).

I DO. Also just reading all of that made me charge my ipod.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 12, 2008, 03:51:49 PM »
holy shit I had this dream where there was a new lame replies thread

what
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #1269 on: August 12, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »
13 more pages ma friend

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 12, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »
oopsi
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1271 on: August 12, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »
better make it 12. And looks like im putting my new cell phone into the mini-fridge at night. hahaha. Perhaps my gba sp as well, beats the 80+ degree temps here in my bedroom.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1273 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:22 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Spanish-basketball-team-poses-for-offensive-pict?urn=oly,100152

RACIST SPICS.

Oh, the irony. I lol'd.

Whether the picture was made in good fun is irrelevant. It was a ridiculous idea that was bound to upset a lot of people.

Best two sentences in the article. (except, if it was made in good fun, they probably weren't trying be racist at all, and therefore makes the controversy and article lose steam)

Did it not occur to somebody that it might not be a good idea to mock an entire continent before the world's largest athletic competition that, by the way, happens to take place on that continent. Were they not aware of an invention called "the Internet" that allows pictures taken in Spain to be transmitted all over the world for the eyes of everyone?

Worst two sentences in the article.

Why the fuck can't people just write a decent article without trying to look like a journalistic superstar? God damn.

Leave it to a sports writer to write about racism... Pshaw. Is this supposed to be entertaining, or informative???

I also love how the author, Chris Chase, decided to inform us that:

1) Everyone present during the photograph was somehow unaware of a possible prejudice.
2) An entire continent was mocked.
3) It happened just before the world's largest athletic competition.
4) That event "happens to take place on that continent" (You need the italics, it adds a dramatic effect, and truly captivates the idiocy of the team.)
5) There's an invention called "the internet."
6) "The internet" allows pictures taken in Spain to be transmitted all over the world.
7) Everyone can see those pictures over "the internet."

This is great, just in case you happened to be a complete moron and lacked the comprehension to understand the entire reason the article was posted. Not only this, but it also appears Chris Chase prides himself in his wonderfully cunning wit and needs to prove it by showing you step-by-step how you can laugh at his derisive jokes.

Apparently being a Yahoo! sports writer is far more successful than being an Olympian.

Edit: I just realized that "Did it not occur to somebody that it might not be a good idea to mock an entire continent before the world's largest athletic competition that, by the way, happens to take place on that continent." Is actually a question, not a statement. Let's not get too caught up in our writing, or we'll ruin our punctuation. (Perhaps a better editing team could help, too.) Then again, why am I nitpicking a single character?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:23:49 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

vladgd

« Reply #1274 on: August 13, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »
i need non rage inducing stuff, NOW.

*edit*

nevermind, rage gone, check sc4 thread for details.

was thinking of playing dark cloud 2, i don't recall it being really rage inducing.  and after doing what i did in sc4, and beating metroid, itd be nice for a calmer game.

i remember really liking that game, but it kind of got repetitive and i quit half way through the volcano stage.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:06:27 AM by vladgd »