Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 469864 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2008, 01:44:09 AM »
i lol'd at  lot of them..most of them could make great standalone jokes.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2008, 03:11:07 AM »
you know, i think i may go back to winamp for music, but im sticking with gomplayer for video.

i can't really say anything, other than i used the player and i liked it more than winamp.  for music, it works just fine, only theres no way to shrink the player to a small little bar, and there isn't a button to skip tracks (as far as i know of).

but for video it works great, the thing is chock full of codecs, so you shouldn't have a problem playing just about anything you come across.

Well, I won't download it unless I really need it. As far as "chock full of codecs" is concerned, my winamp supports damn near anything I'll come across, if there's something it won't play, I happen to have VLC, media player classic, itunes, quicktime, divx player,3gp player 2008 (thanks to my brother), real alternative, and foobar2000 installed as well. ffdshow, and x264, flac, divx, mkvtoolnix, alltoavi, sdp downloader (for retrieving files via MMS streams), avipreview, gspot, and asftools for tools and codec stuff.

Yes, my computer is FULL of video and audio players. Most of which NEVER get used. I use winamp almost exclusively for music, and I use media player classic for videos (I never liked how winamp played videos, especially WMVs. WMVs look MUCH worse in winamp). However, thanks to my insanely huge collection, I rarely encounter anything I can't play. The last thing to stump me for a bit was DTS encoded wav files. But I found a foobar2000 and a winamp plugin capable of solving that. The only issue I haven't fixed yet is that when using SDP Downloader, the resulting WMV/WMA (i forget which it is) is unseekable. I've tried a number of ways of fixing it, but none of them worked. Some simply fail, making an unseekable file, and some break the file completely, so if someone has any ideas, let me know.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2008, 03:58:37 AM »
or uninstall everything and keep winamp and gomplayer

but whatever floats your boat.

anyway, i was at a friends place and played some portal...i didn't like it, so i stopped playing after about an hour

and peggle extreme is awesome, i mean, jesus, i played that sucker for a good 3 hours.  its like something you expect to get bored with after 5 minutes, but you can't seem to pull yourself away from the thing.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »
"A plateau is a high form of flattery."

LULZ
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
or uninstall everything and keep winamp and gomplayer

I could uninstall everything and leave winamp and media player classic. However, most of the utilities, I've actually found a use for, as well as the codecs. Thing is, most media players only take up a small amount of space. I have something along the lines of 1.45 TB of space to store stuff. A couple megs here and there for meida players makes virtually no difference in there.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
No one would happen to have a file for howard sterns' 1992 vhs of the "butt bongo fiesta" on here do they?

puhlease D:

vladgd

« Reply #201 on: April 23, 2008, 09:20:06 PM »
well my parents switched to verizon dsl due to being fed up with the previous internet company.

instead of around 87/89kb/s max download speed, it seems to be capping at 86kb/s

this is dissapointing, but i guess it isn't a big decline.  that and webpages seem to load faster for some reason.

*edit* wtf, it went up past 115kb/s, now its hovering in the low 90's this is weird.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:21:49 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2008, 12:15:14 AM »
Wow, your DSL sucks ass. I hope you're not paying more than $20 for that shit.

I get about 300 KB/s max. Not every site will hit that max (but being able to get 2 parallel 150 Kb/s connections is good too), but that's my max, and the base cost is $30. The service offered is 5 Mbit connections, but the infrastructure here plus my shitty modem couldn't handle anything faster than 3.0 Mbits, so that's why I can't get anything faster than 300. Technically, I should get a it faster than that ever but I rarely get more than 312.

I wish I could actually use all 5 mbits :/ Damn 5 db SNR :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2008, 12:26:37 AM »
Wow today was a shitty day. Have had a sore throat all day (still do) and had 3 test which I was COMPLETELY unprepared for. Also Yatzee haets brawl, which makes me like him so much more.

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2008, 12:28:00 AM »
Speaking of ISPs, I've been able to get up to 2mb/s downloads from comcast from my apartment...which I've never been able to reach with comcast back home.  Maybe it's my location or something.

vladgd

« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2008, 03:52:51 AM »

well this is what i got from speedtest.net

also, i don't quite see how i get numbers like that, my download speed isn't that fast.

but it gets the job done

ohh and on the guild forum i go to, one of the guys got FiOS

this is what he got

DUDudurururururuurrurddURUDRURURURURUDDdururuururudur

*edit*

"Verizon also has been shopping a package dubbed "GTE North" that comprises about 3.4 million access lines in former GTE Corp. territories in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan."

this means i don't need to move out of my state to get fios in the future, whee. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:20:08 AM by vladgd »

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2008, 04:16:00 AM »
I. Want. Fios.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2008, 04:18:08 AM »
Wow today was a shitty day. Have had a sore throat all day (still do) and had 3 test which I was COMPLETELY unprepared for. Also Yatzee haets brawl, which makes me like him so much more.

Zero Punctuation is one of the worst things to happen to game reviews. A guy who makes sarcastic and scathing remarks that he doesn't actually even fully feel for real and mostly just does it to get a rise out of people and as a joke. And of course the majority of this generation take his word as gospel.

I watched Juno and decided I should get back in contact with one of the girls I worked with at Borders. Her reaction to hearing from me again seemed to be very positive.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2008, 05:07:09 AM »
Zero Punctuation feels incredibly forced to me.  It just got less funny and relevant as it went on.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2008, 05:20:54 AM »
anyone here smoke the occasional cigar?

also, its weird going to the bowling alley and playing DDR (something i havent done in several months) and then people saying OMG UR SO GUD LET ME PAY FOR UR NEXT GAME! When really I came super close to failing even max 300 on standard. v.v what the fuck im not making sense.

fucking damn it. oh well. christ its 2 am. well, a little more. I think im going to go grab a beer from the fridge and do something productive/creative. GOD WHY AM I WASTING YOUR TIME. ALL IM DOING IS VOMITING ALL OVER YOUR MONITOR BUT YOU KEEP READING THIS FUCKING WORTHLESS TEXT. Okay, bye.

Penis EDIT: sorry vlad. only except for kinda not
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:26:49 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.