Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 481014 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #330 on: May 05, 2008, 02:06:50 AM »
im confused, after downloading a file at 230ish kb/s i decided to do another speedtest.net run.

where did this come from?  did my internet decide to be gay for the first week, then it decided to speed up?  or is it just teasing me?

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #331 on: May 05, 2008, 06:51:07 AM »
I finally (nearly) completed my bedroom networking system thingy. I connected my computer, server, stereo, SNES, N64, input selector, TV, UPS, and RF modulator together.

Here's a diagram:

,----------------------------------------------,
 |   Server                                                      \
 |    |    |                    N64       SNES           RF Modulator
 |    |    |                        \          |                     |
 |    |    UPS                      Input Selector--------TV
 |    |    |  | \_______             |         |
 |    |    |   \            \            |          |
  '-Compy---Mon. 1  Mon. 2     |       Stereo
    |    |                     |        |
    |     '---------------'        |
     '-------------------------'

After my S-video to composite video coupler comes in from Amazon (thanks spec!), I'm going to return the RF modulator and run the composite out to the input selector.  nVidia, best buy, and radioshack wanted over $25 for the part.. Which only cost $1.50 on amazon.. Go figure. I even called a Radioshack in another town, and while they said they didnt have the coupler, they had a 6' cabled version of it, and that it was $47. I seriously just started laughing when he told me. I couldn't believe it.

So anyway, the input selector is very much like your traditional RCA pick-your-input-and-play type of deal... It even allows for HD inputs, s-video, and RCA. What's better than that, is that it autodetects what is receiving signal and tunes to that input automatically. It works extremely well, much to my surprise. Turn on the tv, and turn on the SNES.. BOOM! Power rangers on the screen. Turn it off, turn on the N64.. BAM! Pokemon stadium. Hoorah. Only $20 bucks IIRC, not a bad deal at all.

Oh! Another thing I'm hellaciously excited about is my old computer being hooked up to my newer one. Only things plugged into it is a Cat5 cable and a power cord. That's all. Freaking awesome. Soon, I'll put in a wireless card, and just stick it in a corner of the house somewhere. I use remote desktop, fullscreen it to the other monitor, and it's like true love. :3

Okay, I'm done talking about it. It's just finally fucking done and I just wanted to share my joy in finally getting so many electronic things to work together so well (which is surprisingly not an easy thing to do).

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #332 on: May 05, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
Yeah, that's one monster setup you got there. I R ENVIOUS >:E
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #333 on: May 05, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »
Woke up mad late this morning, I'm definitely not going to school until after 3rd period now. Pretty sweet, I didn't do an AP History practice test over the weekend (which we're turning in for 60 points) so now I actually get a chance to 8)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #334 on: May 05, 2008, 09:16:30 AM »
I haven't slept yet. I had to drive my brother to school, and now I've got to bring my Social Insurance Number and a direct deposit slip from my bank over to my job, because I was missing them on Saturday. I also have to check and make sure I know when I start. It's either Tuesday, or Thursday, and I'm thinking it's Thursday, but I really don't know.

I'm gonna feel like shit tomorrow, I should already be asleep.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »
I finally got about 8 hours of sleep last night because I finished the story to GTA.  Sleep = good. I forgot how nice it makes you feel after about a week of going to bed at 4 am and waking up at 10 or 11.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 05, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
I finally got about 8 hours of sleep last night because I finished the story to GTA.  Sleep = good. I forgot how nice it makes you feel after about a week of going to bed at 4 am and waking up at 10 or 11.

sounds like me a couple of weeks ago.

now I have the sleep schedule of an old woman.

I go to work at 9 so I go to bed about midnight.
and apparently during the weekends i go to bed at midnight, wake up at about 11:30 and then TAKE A 4 HOUR NAP from 5-9 (BOTH SAT AND SUN).

DAY WASTE GET?

D:

Maybe I should be taking vitamins or something.

vladgd

« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »
well internets is being awesome now, i haven't sleeped in a while, and only oldfags will remember this image.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2008, 01:02:56 PM »
Took my final final (hurrr) today. Also found out I got a 100 on my writing assignment for the same class, which is ind of funny considering I thought it was so meh.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »
I figured it was time for an avatar change.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

notHiro

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
well internets is being awesome now, i haven't sleeped in a while, and only oldfags will remember this image.

snoop.img

lol is it sad that I do?

Anyway, GTA4 is fucking amazing. I'm seriously considering dropping a lot of money on a 360 now because of it (and of course shit like Dead Rising and NHL 08 others) but at the same time I just don't have the money or time to get involved with it. Fuck life was so much easier when all I had to spend money on was video games.

Anyway, I'm going to start Persona 3 FES soon because I've heard so many good things about it. I'm starting it a week before finals too which isn't the smartest choice I've ever made but fuck it.

Kulli

« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »
I just paid $220 in student loans this month... :'( :'(

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2008, 12:49:51 AM »
Ouch.

I've got an odd sleep schedule. Well, not quite, but my sleep schedule SHOULD be something like this once I start work:

Wake up around 3 PM, go to work at 11 PM till 6:30 AM or 7:30 AM, sleep till 3 PM, repeat. The reason for this, instead of something where I go to work in the "morning" is because a friend wants to have a D&D campaign going this summer, and he thinks it should be around Mondays starting at 4 PM or so.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #344 on: May 06, 2008, 02:29:50 AM »
I just paid $220 in student loans this month... :'( :'(

student loans are a bitch... My girlfriend pays close to $700/mo on those little shits. :[

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.