Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 481333 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »
My hair is moderate length for a guy, but I always get told I have great hair and people pet it all the fucking time. I've gotten used to it, so it doesn't bother me nearly as much as when it started.

Also, I occasionally use "epic," but I use "awesome" far more often.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »
Yeah, "Awesome" is a common word for me. So is "Amazing".

I just got a hair cut again.... No, you're not getting another picture. (it's not bad, but I'm not one of those guys who likes to be in pictures.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 15, 2008, 12:51:19 AM »
I ended up getting $300 instead of $600 from that stimulus refund thing because I only paid in $290 instead of over $300. What the hell. $10 costs me $300, which I sort've needed to...y'know....LIVE.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:03 AM »
..? Huh? Also I just saw no county for old men, good movie. Also also Exteel is surprisingly fun, I bet if I get more into it I'd like it more then gunz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_hid_the_facts

lol wut?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:31:35 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2008, 01:30:59 AM »
Okay time to get nerdy

Grandma got a new LCD, gave me her old one. Firstly, I just replaced my old monitor with the new one.

Then I thought.
hmm
then this came into existance:

click for hueg pic
win
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2008, 03:19:31 AM »
Welcome to dualscreening. It almost makes it impossible to have to deal with only one.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

vladgd

« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:47 AM »
i don't see the point in needing two monitors.  i mean, if i had an extra cord, i COULD use my 19inch lcd along with the 42 inch hdtv, but i don't see the point in doing something so silly.  then again, i don't have two ports for such a thing, so i couldn't do it if i wanted too.

anyway

http://www.mydjsobad.com/

why haven't i discovered this place sooner, its just a matter of clicking the add on bemanistyle.  i am totally going to be buying an album or three(maby nerd it out with a bemanistyle t shirt) from the site when i have the cash money.

*edit*

pretty much all of the dj chucky, sharpnel, m1dy is sold out

this makes me a saaaaaad panda

http://www.mydjsobad.com/item.php/item/akira-death-killer-family-business

isn't sold out however, and looks to be freggan awesome
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:44:16 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
Welcome to dualscreening. It almost makes it impossible to have to deal with only one.

So true.
i don't see the point in needing two monitors.

Because you haven't tried it yet.

I always thought that Dualscreen was more or less just a nerdy thing, except for people who could really use the extra screen space (people programming on one screen with documentation on the other and such), but after having tried it, I absolutely need it. I feel so incredibly limited when I only have 1 screen.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #428 on: May 15, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »
Because you haven't tried it yet.

exactly, explain why having two monitors is awesome?  i never had the need for more space, and i literally can't think of anything "me personally" would use an extra screen for.

i mean i do have an old 17 inch flatscreen crt monitor, and i do have that new xbawx hueg hdtv.  but i lack the desktop space, and extra port to plug another monitor into.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:30:42 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #429 on: May 15, 2008, 07:36:05 AM »
I figured more or less the same, aside from the odd time when I program, but I use my second screen for stuff like having msn open without needing to minimize things to check the online list, (and having the conversations over the main window, instead of taking over my main monitor) and other things. I keep winamp over the left side of my second monitor, over top of things so I can see what's playing without needing to interrupt myself and move things around. Any time I have a full screen app, I can keep winamp visible in the second monitor, which saves me from needing to alt+tab out to check what's playing. Any time I have something like Fruityloops, Adobe Audition, or any other program that can use the full screen and detach child windows, I'll use a child window on the other screen, (like the playlist part of Fruityloops). It increases productivity, and is generally helpful.

It's not just that, but the fact that you get used to having it there, and using it in certain situations, so that when you don't have it there, it feels weird.

I never thought I'd get so addicted to having a second screen myself, but nevertheless, I am.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #430 on: May 15, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »
i guess its kind of like the two thumb buttons on my mouse.

i never figured id use them, now browsing the internet without my mx518 (or friends g5) is hell.

i mean, i use my middle mouse button, and thumb buttons nearly as much as i use the left mouse button.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #431 on: May 15, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »
Pretty much. It's one of things you think you'd never really use, but after a while you just get too used to it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

jinxie

• Meow!
  • cool kids club president 2004-2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »
I like dual screening when I'm CGing an pictuar I drawed and can see a full size finished product on the screen next to me.  Only done it like 2 times though for space reasons.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2008, 11:29:04 AM »
i don't see the point in needing two monitors.

EXAMPLE SCENARIOS, INCOMING.

• When I work on touching up photos and such, I open Photoshop on my big display and open Explorer windows on my secondary display.  I can pick out specific images on my right display using Irfanview or the Windows Picture Viewer and drag the ones that I want over to Photoshop.  Normally, I'd have to use Photoshop's little file browser window or lay an Explorer window over top of Photoshop to do the same thing.
  • When I'm web browsing or whatever, I'll maximize foobar onto the second display.  When I want to change tracks, I can see a good majority of my playlist.
  • I have uTorrent set up to run maximized on the second display.  When I'm playing a game or doing something full screen on my main display I can constantly check the status on my PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE downloads.
  • I have my Xbox 360 plugged into my big monitor via VGA.  If I need a walkthrough for a part of a game, I can open it on my second display and page through it without having to continually change the source (Samsung went out of their way to make that a tedious process for some reason...).
  • When I'm using Visual Studio, I set it up so that my primary display is essentially a full screen code writing environment.  Help pages, task lists, error lists, compiler output, etc, all go to the second display.  Not only does it give me room to see more code but it also gives me the ability to see everything else at-a-glance.
  • When it's not actively being used, it provides a perfect place to display wallpaper.  This sounds weird, but, when you think about it, the primary display isn't clear nearly as much as the secondary.
  • ICON STORAGE.  It makes your desktop a useful place to launch applications even when your primary display is busy.  This comes in handy more often than you might think.  I typically put full-screen games on my primary display and everything else on my secondary one so that I could launch them easily, at almost any time.
If you gave it a shot I'm sure you'd find many of your own reasons after a while.  When you first start using a dual-monitor setup you'd probably find that you really don't know what to do with the second display.  It's one of those things that you just have to stick with until you start using it, as odd as that may sound.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #434 on: May 15, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »
I've encountered almost all of those situations myself, spec.
Except the photoshop and Xbox360 ones.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x