Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 481356 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #435 on: May 15, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »
wellp, im not going to go out of my way for a dual monitor setup.  but when the day arives that i get a dual video card computer (or a video card with two ports) and i get a bigger desk to get situated on, i might give it a try.  or hell, a second 42 inch hdtv....

and i played the conan the barbarian demo for the x360, believe it or not, its quite fun.  get a giant two handed sword, land a "heavy" attack, and watch as whoever you sliced with that attack is chopped in half.  you can also cut off both of the arms of the enemy in a single attack(when you are dual wielding), and it looks awesome.

it kind of feels like god of war meets ninja gaiden.  maby not as "good" as those games, but its friggin conan.

(by the way i know nothing about conan the barbarian other than he is a shirtless muscley guy that kills things, and that alone gets praise from me)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #436 on: May 15, 2008, 12:49:39 PM »
Conan is pretty badass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 15, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
I heard Conan is going to take a retarded huge amount of memory, that and it has NIPPLES. Also Exteel is rather fun. At first I didn't like it, but now that I'm starting to get it (has a surprisingly steep learning curve, for a free online game) it's a lot of fun. Also has an insane amount of customization.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #438 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
Whew.

Remember the days when low-poly models were all the rage?  Remember when developers were talking about their 500-700 poly player models for Quake 2?

I just took a look at the web site for Tactical Ops 3, a mod for UT3.  One of the screenshots that they have on the site features a wireframe model of an AK and, well, the magazine alone has 1432 polygons.  That's only a single part of a weapon model.  The body of the weapon has 8343 polygons, giving you a combined total of 9775 polys.  I'm pretty sure that weapon alone has more polys than your average scene in Quake.

It's amazing how much things change in 10 years.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »
So my Ubuntu upgrade to 8.04 came with Firefox 3 beta 5. It's really pretty nice.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #440 on: May 15, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
lawlz, I've had 8.04 for a week or two now. :P

That's the one thing that sort of scares me about Ubuntu -- they have a bad tendency of putting potentially unstable and/or beta products in their mainline distribution.  I've already experienced several display bugs in FF3b5 in both Linux and Windows.  The video card driver versions out when Ubuntu started pushing out compiz (i.e. its "desktop effects" gimmick) weren't stable enough for it, to the point where I've experienced hard locks while performing simple tasks.

So I dunno.  On one hand, it's not completely antiquidated like Debian is most of the time.  However, it's also nowhere near as stable as a Debian installation would be.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 15, 2008, 04:54:10 PM »
Well, the desktop I'm using has a shitty video card and only 448MB DDR RAM, so I really can't do any desktop effects without dragging the system down. Unlike my laptop, which had a decent video card and 2GB DDR2 RAM.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 15, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »
Damn, I was playing some exteel, just getting into it, now it just gives me an error and says "the program will now terminate" whenever I try and start it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #443 on: May 15, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »
Whew.

Remember the days when low-poly models were all the rage?  Remember when developers were talking about their 500-700 poly player models for Quake 2?

I just took a look at the web site for Tactical Ops 3, a mod for UT3.  One of the screenshots that they have on the site features a wireframe model of an AK and, well, the magazine alone has 1432 polygons.  That's only a single part of a weapon model.  The body of the weapon has 8343 polygons, giving you a combined total of 9775 polys.  I'm pretty sure that weapon alone has more polys than your average scene in Quake.

It's amazing how much things change in 10 years.

You know that uber badass SC2 video of the "making of a marine"? They BROKE THEIR RENDERER. They had 5 million polygons per frame in that video. They now use Pixar's custom renderer. They're more and more mixing and matching technology, just to get things to work.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »
Well now I've deleted the files from my start menu, but their are still exteel files on my ad/remove list and my  desktop (just icons). HALP. Every time I hit remove it flashes quickly and it just stays there.

Never mind, I fixed it :3.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:50:19 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #445 on: May 16, 2008, 03:17:54 AM »
Wow, so Crysis actually seems to play as good as it looks.  Color me really freaking surprised (and pleased).  Looks like I'm going to actually be buying it, unlike its older brother Far Cry.

I guess Crytek learned that people don't like dying over and over and over and over and over again.

Also, I have to say, their physics engine is pretty awesome.  I love how you can demolish buildings and knock over trees if you want to.  I actually shot down a tree and it started doing a domino effect with some other trees!  Holy shit.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:19:44 AM by Spectere »

vladgd

« Reply #446 on: May 16, 2008, 10:11:12 AM »
i uhh downloaded the bring down the sky dlc for mass effect.

i mean, i had 400 points sitting around doing nothing, and why the hell not, so i got it.

umm its about 90ish minutes long, and really, its not bad.  its just not worth you know...$5.00.

i guess i got the 50 achievement points for beating it, and COLOSSUS X HEAVY HUMAN ARMOR out of the deal(seriously, i found every other varient of the armor save for the quarian version, multiple times).  but it just wasn't worth 400 ms points, and i consider myself a die hard mass effect fan, having beaten the game 6 times, with all 1050 achievement points.

well whatever, it was fun while it lasted, and i can pick up the COLOSUSS X QUARIAN ARMOR when i play through again to hit 60 on my second character.

*edit*

i decided to GRIND on the oblivion for a bit, here is my current character

25 levels of block to go....whee

ohh, and i got on urban dead for the first time in around a year.  ended up finding a human, i bit him, and infected him (they take 1 damage every time they move).  he shot me up real good, would have killed me, but he ran out of ammo and started axing me.  i being the awesome zombie i am, got him down to about 10 hp, then he took off and ran. 

id be surprised if he survives, being infected and all.  to the place he ran, there was another human, and i killed him before running out of ap.  as i killed him, i seen another human enter the building, so i am most likley dead, again.  as long as he doesn't headshot me(its like 5 more ap for me to stand up, annoying, but nothing too bad), whatever, being killed as a zombie isn't really bad, in fact, im sure its expected that the zombie dies at the end of every day.

what i would like to see is a co op zombie apocalypse rpg like urban dead, only not as a browser based game.  it would fucking kick ass.

but i guess a zombie apocalypse co op shootan(fuck off, i like saying shootan) game (left for dead) will be good enough.

AND AND AND for those who don't know

http://www.urbandead.com/

if you like games that are like "get on once a day for like 10 minutes" this should prove entertaining.

*edit*

AND AND AND

played some lost planet

game is fuckhard, and i made it to level 5.  pretty fun when you aren't getting rocket launchered, as you try to get up, rocket launchered again, and stunlocked this way until you die.

also yay for tldr posts due to NOBODY ELSE POSTING

*edit*

it is a bit past 6:30 pm est and i am tired

i expect EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU to read this tldr post, and reply to it when i wake up
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:38:47 PM by vladgd »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 16, 2008, 08:18:14 PM »
Signed up under Jason Rhytor
woo zombies and shit
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 16, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »
sup brosk33s

i'll probably end up making some really shitty emotional post at some point in the near future detailing my woes with first love expecting some kind of sympathy.

just a heads up rofl
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #449 on: May 17, 2008, 12:45:37 AM »
sup brosk33s

y halo thar

i'll probably end up making some really shitty emotional post at some point in the near future detailing my woes with first love expecting some kind of sympathy.

Sweet.