Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 470293 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2008, 03:24:20 AM »
i played the trial to EVE

game is pretty ZZZzzzZZzz when you don't have friends who play/know what the fuck they are doing

learning curve is pretty fucking high

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #586 on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:45 AM »
Eh, I wouldn't say that the learning curve is high, per se.  They might have improved the tutorials since you played (when did you try it?) but I found it to be pretty easy to get started with.

Now as far as getting into the meat of the game, well, that takes quite a while.  There's also a lot to learn, but you don't have to do it all at once.

As for a good way to make money at first, I started producing and selling cheap Miner I lasers in the newbie area.  If you do the mining yourself (which is easy to do in hi-sec space, since plagioclase is all you need for a Miner I), thus saving yourself the cost of buying the materials, you can pay to have it manufactured it and sell it cheap, making a massive profit.

That'll do until I acquire the resources to go out and build bigger and better things.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2008, 03:48:43 AM »
late november to early december 2007

i mined some stuff, could only really find tritanium, even in the lower sec space, i couldn't find anything else. 

so i tried some missions, and well, they aren't fucking easy, i almost got my minmatar probe exploded, so fuck them.

i think this detains down to the game isn't forgiving for newcomers/dumbasses (like me), and i was spoiled with WoW.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #588 on: June 02, 2008, 03:51:50 AM »
Well damn, you started playing right around when I started.  YOU SHOULDA SAID SOMETHING. :P

I didn't attempt the missions.  Based on discussions I've had with other EVEers, mining sounds like a more profitable route.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #589 on: June 02, 2008, 04:37:48 AM »
Met a dude at work who said he was an ex LA laker, tried looking him up online with no luck. Said he played with Magic johnson (80s) and also played for the celtics, and went to north carolina for college Also, 6'2-6'4". I think this guy was full of shit. Oh well.

Went with a buddy and his friends on their senior prank. Put condoms, tampons, vagisil, depends, bandaids in the high school pool. Also, red food coloring on the tampons and bandaids.

Also, I talked/debated with a friend about religion, and they ended up giving up christianity right then and there.

Twas a good day, indeed.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #590 on: June 02, 2008, 06:15:11 AM »
Also, I talked/debated with a friend about religion, and they ended up giving up christianity right then and there.

Yikes.

What on earth did you say?

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #591 on: June 02, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »
lol, I just asked them questions on the inconsistencies in the bible, and their belief, and how they justify them. (I used to be Christian, so I know my way around fairly well)

I spent a good deal on the foundation of the value and importance of evidence and logic, as well as just the general absurdity of many of the beliefs. I don't want to offend anyone, but yeah.

I wouldn't so much call it yikes, they were actually pretty happy about it. Unfortunately, when you get a deep belief such as religion changed, you often get upset like you've been lied to or wasted your time. Then again, feeling like you made a better choice in your belief system is always a good thing to feel.

It just started off randomly from something, just a typical conversation, and then just got into questioning and a mild debate. Then it got more serious, and then they started to consider my perspective, and trying to understand it like I do, and it made more sense to them than what they had previously thought. When I say that, I don't mean to say that I have it all figured out, that's just what ended up happening. But yeah.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #592 on: June 02, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »
Wow, cool.

It's always good to know your way around another religion when you're debating it :P

I have a lot of fun debating theological aspects of Christianity, and the importance of them, considering the fact that I'm agnostic.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #593 on: June 02, 2008, 12:36:25 PM »
Wow, cool.

It's always good to know your way around another religion when you're debating it :P

I have a lot of fun debating theological aspects of Christianity, and the importance of them, considering the fact that I'm agnostic.

I never could get into debates about religion. Maybe its because I don't really know much about the topic to get into it?

I got GH III last Weds... played it for the first time the next day. I'm not doin' too hot. Half my accomplishments are one of my buddies coming over and playing a bunch of stupid Expert songs that I'll never get to in years.

Also I moved into a new place and its a disaster area. Sleeping on the floor til I get a bed kinda sucks. Especially since I don't even have a bedroom yet.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #594 on: June 02, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
disaster area

basically how my room has been since I moved in.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #595 on: June 02, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »
I never could get into debates about religion. Maybe its because I don't really know much about the topic to get into it?

That doesn't stop lots of people :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 02, 2008, 11:02:44 PM »
I was just at the end-of-the-year Whiz Quiz party at the instructor's house. In his bathroom, there was a mirror over the toilet.

Today, I learned how unnerving it is to watch myself pee.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 02, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »
What strange mirror placement :s

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #598 on: June 03, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »
Have you ever watched yourself masturbate? Now that's uncomfortable.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 03, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »
Have you ever watched yourself masturbate? Now that's uncomfortable.

Frequently. Also I have a friend who has a large mirror in front of his toilet, so when you stand to urinate, you can plainly see yourself going.