Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 469620 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2008, 01:29:41 AM »
its been like 85 degrees all day, and at 1:30 am (read, now) i get this fucking awesome COOL BREEZE going through my window.

i think i am going to masturbate.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2008, 02:15:49 AM »
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168056

Holy shit, this guy seems like a huge dick.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2008, 02:27:05 AM »
I've always wondered whats up with his face. he looks like he dipped it into a pot of infuriated magma leeches from hades.

but yeah my opinion on this incident is the same as it is with ball players and musicians. they don't get enough money so they throw a hissy fit and resign. the ones that get cheated are the fans who miss out on all the good games the person could have made, all the championships the ball-player could have won, and al the great albums the singer/band could have released.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #603 on: June 03, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
Well, when the company tells you they'll give you a completion bonus, and then when you ask for it, and they tell you "fuck off, we're not paying", they deserve what they get.

Honestly, I don't care how much money he was making in the first place, if the company said he would be paid a completion bonus, and then didn't pay him, it's no wonder he's suing them. I sure as hell would!

I completely understand why he's doing this, and I probably would do the exact same. Now, his damages claim might be a little insane, but that depends on how much they were going to pay as a bonus, and how much suffering he has actually endured (quite a bit, by the sounds of it).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #604 on: June 03, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
You have no idea how much I might suffer for a few thousand dollars. :\

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2008, 08:47:45 AM »
Well, he was suffering, and not getting paid what they told him he would, so A) suffering, B) no money.

Plus, just because he's leaving Tecmo, doesn't mean he won't produce more games. (or make more money).
It just means he won't produce sequels to the games he's already made, because of rights issues.
He may be able to have even more freedom about what he wants to make now, too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
Try to guess what part I added in:

"In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment. I am sensitive about my face."

I can understand your points entirely, but expecting to get compensation because "he made demeaning remarks about me" sounds like playground talk by a 6-year-old. -- "Kimberly said I was stupid to her friends! I want to beat her up!"

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:47 AM »
Uhh, in a working environment, if the boss is insulting you behind your back to people you have to work with, building tension, creating bullshit, and generally making your life hard, I can see why he would add that into the equation.

Have you worked in any sort of team oriented environment with someone that people don't like? Have you noticed that fighting with team members tends to be less productive, as well as more stressful? Have you thought that as having a full time job (and probably doing a LOT of overtime during crunch time) dealing with people like that all day day in and day out can get grating, and extremely stressful?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #608 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:53 AM »
Sure, I have.. Plenty of times. Used to have to do it at work all the time (until the idiot fell down the stairs a few days ago... hahaha).

But, using a court to play "mommy" because someone called you "names" is stupid, in my book.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
Sure, at times, things can get downright stupid with what people use the courts for, but I honestly feel he's justified to get something. Part of the idea of punitive damages is a way of using money to tell the guy who's wrong not to do it again. It's not awarded because the guy who's suing them deserves it, but it's there to punish the asshole for whatever they did. Suing someone and using the "emotional distress" stuff is essentially the same deal as punitive damages. It's there because sometimes what people do to get sued isn't technically illegal, however, it still caused a lot of trouble for the person.

The whole point, though, is that things have gone beyond simply calling him names or something, it's gotten bad enough that he is willing to leave the job because of it. Obviously, being called names isn't fun, but if it's simply being called names by someone, that's one thing, but having someone (even worse, in Itagaki's case, since it's his boss) going to the people you work with, who are supposed to take orders from you, and talking behind your back, along with essentially turning the people you have to work with against you can be a major issue. If any of the employees working under Itagaki agree with Yusada, and say things to Itagaki's face, that undermines his authority, along with creating unnecessary stress, and reducing productivity. Essentially, Yusada has made Itagaki's job hell, and Itagaki is fighting back.

Just because you can't really do anything about it most of the time, doesn't mean that it's right. Just like bullying in school, in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing big, but it can be bad enough to make kids go insane and shoot up their school. Obviously, younger people are more vulnerable to bullying and such, but it's never fun to be bullied, and there are few times when anything CAN be done about it, so when there is, why not take it? Why not make Yusada think again before he opens his mouth and says something insulting or offensive about someone working for him.

Hell, Itagaki might have been able to charge Yoshimi Yasuda for harassment or some other such crime, if he really wanted to.

Of course, most aspects of harassment require actual mental or physical injury, but that is somewhat mitigated by the fact that they already have a reason to sue, in cases like Itagaki's.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »
After using my Nikon F4 for so long, going back to my D40 to take a few shots was...an experience.

The knobs on the F4 are ridiculously convenient.  I mean, look at this:

Shutter speed, exposure compensation.  No need to wade through menus, no need to so much as remove your eye from the viewfinder.  Notice that the mode selection (i.e. something you won't want to do much) is located around the shutter release (out of focus in the picture).  Furthermore, it's locked -- you have to hold down a small button to change modes.

Now take a look at the D40:

It's funny.  Now when I go to change shutter speed on the D40 I wind up changing modes (the control that I want is the mostly-internal knob on the back, not the one on the top).  For some reason, changing the mode on the D40 is as easy as changing the shutter speed on the F4.  Yikes.

I've also taken to going for the lens to change the aperture now.  The F4 can fully control the aperture on-camera, but only in programmed modes.  The D40 can only control the aperture on-camera.  Now I keep grabbing for the base of the lens rather than holding down the aperture button (to the lower-right of the shutter release in the picture) and flicking the adjustment knob.

The AF and AE locks are much easier to get to on the F4 as well.  On the D40 it's to the immediate right of the viewfinder (you can see the top of the button on the picture above) so you have to kind of squeeze your thum between your face and the camera to get to it.  On the F4 one can easily hit it by extending their index finger while gripping the camera.  It's hard to hit by accident yet easy to hit when you want it.  The AE-L is also a seperate key altogether -- located under the AF-L -- so you can choose to have both, neither, or either.  It's awesome.

But anyhoo, that'll be enough for now.  I guess I should probably drive home...I've spend enough time sitting in a parking lot and working. :S
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »
Damn I wish I had a nice camera :[
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »
Damn I wish I had a nice camera :[

The D40 is pretty cheap as far as digital SLRs go.  The kit comes with the camera body, a battery (with charger), a USB transfer cable, and a Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G (which is a damn fine lens).  Final price: $500 ($550 in some stores...don't pay any more than $550 for the kit though!).  The only thing you need above and beyond is an SD card, but those are pretty cheap (I would recommend a faster card if you want to shoot RAW, though -- a 155x card can save a full RAW file almost as fast as the camera can shoot).

Ritz Camera also has a special package that has a D40 kit (all of the above) bundled with a Nikkor AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G for $600: http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/SLR1160.htm?bct=t1134.  You can probably get it in-store if you have one near you (I have a zillion Ritz Camera shops near me...don't know how common they are in the rest of the US) for the same amount.  The 55-200mm is a mighty nice lens...I bought one for $250.  The only difference between mine and the one in the kit is that mine has VR -- vibration reduction -- which comes in handy when shooting handheld at lower shutter speeds.

Edit: The F4 can actually be had for a bit less depending on where you look.  IIRC, I paid around $250 for the body (with the MB-21 grip) and $120 for my Nikkor AF 70-210mm f/4-5.6 lens (which included a Hoya 72mm UV filter and a pop-out rubber hood, even) -- both of which were acquired on eBay (I think Adorama has used F4s available, also.  The only problem with that is that it takes 4 AA batteries (6 if you have the MB-21 grip, 8 if you have the MB-23 grip) to operate, weighs a ton, and requires you to purchase and develop 35mm film.  It's an amazing AMAZING camera, though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:29:18 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2008, 10:11:20 PM »
"In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment. I am sensitive about my face."

That's kind of mean, then again, he insults his OWN team when they made a game with out him (the NG game for PS3). He said it was shitty to the press, which comes off as a direct insult to them.

vladgd

« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »
wtb ninja gaiden 2 demo (ITS AVALIBLE EVERYWHERE SAVE FOR NORTH AMERICA, FFFFFFFFFFF)

on the flip side, the 360 is backwards compatable with the jsrf/sega gt pack in disk that came with the original xbox way back when.  yay, now i don't need to own a stand alone copy of jsrf so i can play it on the 360.

also, remind me to buy this when i have money

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006LU9C/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1212546529&sr=1-1

$30 for a new copy of panzer dragoon orta?  FUCK YES

but why did you have to die smilebit, WHYYYYYYYYY
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:30:21 PM by vladgd »