Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 470281 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
Here's a quote he's credited with by http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Itagaki_Ninja_Gaiden_2_Is_My_Final_Instalment_13219_7010_0.htm
"It was a weird chimera of a game, with some things here and some things there. From a game design standpoint, I don't think it was done well at all. This [Ninja Gaiden II] is the definitive version of Ninja Gaiden...I look at NG2 and I think it's the culmination of everything I've done, but it's also a chance for me to change how I think about game design."

That is essentially saying whoever designed the game system (controls and such), did it poorly. Since he had nothing to do with it, he can see the flaws and differences in how he would have done it. It's not really an insult on the members of the team, they just do what they;re told, it's whoever took over his place. Itagaki is a Game Director, in charge of creative aspects of the game. He was insulting the creative direction the game took, not the team of people (he would probably agree that the higher quality graphics are nice, and that the ideas that were used were decently executed, but just because a game looks nice, and the changes are done "well" per se, doesn't mean that the game itself is good.)

An example would be my view of FF8. Sure, it has great graphics, and the GF system is well done, but I still don't like the game at all, and think the story is rather stupid. Doesn't change that the game was well put together, I'm insulting the guys in charge of the creative part.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »
^ are you talking about what I said, because I was talking bout NGS.

vladgd

« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2008, 10:54:28 PM »
you know, i just realized y'all were talking about ninja gaiden, i simply ignored the tldr's and made a post because i wanted to play the fucking demo.

anyway, i still have the original(yes, ninja gaiden, not this ninja gaiden black shit, i bought the original game for $50.00, fuck you tecmo for releasing a better version for less money), and its backwards compatible for xbox so s'all good for now.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 04, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »
I got a letter in the mail today about housing and it gave me my roommate's contact info. I emailed him and got his Facebook. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

Also, I've discovered that how active I am is directly proportional to how comfortable I am around the people around me and inversely proportional to how well I know them. Case in point: While playing Guitar Hero at the nerd party on Saturday I was rocking out. I didn't know the majority of people there, but I was comfortable. However, playing Rock Band last night at the whiz quiz party was not that way. I was calm, as usual, because I knew the people around me pretty well. I think it's pretty strange.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:59:15 AM by Marvis Mongoldique »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

K-Mann

« Reply #619 on: June 04, 2008, 12:54:29 AM »
Nice. I've been lucky with my roomates in the past, hopefully you have a good one.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 04, 2008, 01:38:07 AM »
anyway, i still have the original(yes, ninja gaiden, not this ninja gaiden black shit, i bought the original game for $50.00, fuck you tecmo for releasing a better version for less money), and its backwards compatible for xbox so s'all good for now.

That's not the original, but I understand what you mean.

Also yeah, I feel bad about him saying he's sensitive about his face, when everyone EVERYWHERE says "lol moonlike".

vladgd

« Reply #621 on: June 04, 2008, 01:49:25 AM »
That's not the original, but I understand what you mean.

Also yeah, I feel bad about him saying he's sensitive about his face, when everyone EVERYWHERE says "lol moonlike".

you better understand what i mean, typing "ninja gaiden (xbox)" is a bit annoying, also i hated the nes ninja gaiden games.

and why feel bad about itagaki.  i mean, if you think he is just a regular asian man you would feel bad about him, but i mean, hes not human. 

our fucking moon is responsible for one of the best action games ever made, i would have to give him credit for that.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #622 on: June 04, 2008, 02:47:14 AM »
That's some good info, thanks :] I won't have the money right now, but I am probably going to get a shitload of money from financial aide this year >:D
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #623 on: June 04, 2008, 03:30:56 AM »
My pleasure.

One thing, if you decide to pick up a digital SLR, swing by your local drug store on the way home and grab a nasal aspirator (Rite-Aid sells a package that has both an ear syringe and a nasal aspirator -- that's what I picked up).  If you wind up getting dust on the sensor in the camera you can use these extremely cheap instruments to try and blow it free, since physically touching that insanely sensitive sensor pretty much guarantees that your warranty goes kaput (Nikon has a 5-year warranty on domestic camera bodies and lenses...I wouldn't squander it :)).  Also, microfiber cloths work wonders for cleaning off lenses.  I've used them for mine and smudges, fingerprints, everything comes off easily.  For lenses that are extremely dirty (I've only seen one and it sure as SHIT wasn't mine) a bit of moisture (read: breathe on it) and a few quick wipes is all you need.  These things are amazing.  Don't even bother with specialized lens cleaners.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 04, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »
Me and some friends are going geocaching right now.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 04, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »
I just got a new tire [blow out], and my oil changed to synthetic.

woo
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #626 on: June 04, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »
It already came here? FUCK. I FUCKING hate being poor and having friends who have shit taste in music. Are they still touring Florida, because I couldn't even FIND tour dates or even see a commercial, but that was like the one show I really wanted to see.

The June 1 tour here was the last US show of the tour. Their last show, which I think is in a few days, is in Puerto Rico. >_>

Yeah, to whoever asked, BTBAM was pretty neat, and Opeth was loud. Dream Theater and Three were both jesus, though.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 04, 2008, 11:37:16 PM »
The June 1 tour here was the last US show of the tour. Their last show, which I think is in a few days, is in Puerto Rico. >_>

I guess I really should have took more initiative.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #628 on: June 05, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »
So today I convinced someone that we should switch over to using hydrogen rather than drill in Alaska for more oil.

If you like driving bombs on wheels with a cruising distance of a mere 100 miles on a full tank, sure. Otherwise, biodiesel.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »
If you like driving bombs on wheels

Car crashes just got AWESOME.