Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 481454 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #660 on: June 08, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »
i played the ninja gaiden 2 demo just recently, its pretty long(for a demo of an action game), but there isn't a boss in the demo unfortunatley.

played through the entire thing using the scythe, and surprisingly, its not that hard to use (unlike nearly every non dragon sword weapon in the first game), and cutting people into pieces with a scythe is just fucking awesome.

the camera still sucks, and the demo lacked anything other than the "easy" difficulty so it was piss easy, but it was fun.  the new "dash" thing you have instead of roll works ok, i can still "dash jump dash jump dash jump" rather than what i do in the original game "roll jump roll jump, ect" so i guess it works out fine.  i mean, who the fuck really "runs" everywhere, dash jumping everywhere is faster, and saves your ass in combat.

ANYWAY, ill be going through it will all 4 weapons they give you.  also, from what ive played (im assuming its the first level, on the easiest difficulty setting) i can't really see it being "hard"(note from what ive played), your health refils after every fight, save points heal you(when you take damage, your max health goes down in a red bar, and save points and blue orbs heal that) and are EVERYWHERE, and from what ive heard, you can restart boss fights FROM THE START OF THE BOSS FIGHT, so i mean, yea.  anyway, i will buy this eventually, maby rent it and beat it, but i need to own this game, its fuckin' ninja gaiden.

ohh, and if you thought the first game was bloody, this game is like that, only 10x more gore, and dismemberment.  fits the game nicely.

BLA BLA BLA, download the demo and play it, its a good way to spend 20 minutes.

AND FINALLY TO NOTE, i did beat the original ninja gaiden on the normal difficulty(hard isn't fun, rather than running around like a mad man its more like "well im going to play REALLY FUCKING DEFENSIVE till i find an opening, attack, and wait for another opening"  this aint monster hunter)  setting on the xbox.  it was a kickass game, and i am more than half way through the game again on my second run (on the 360's hdd rather than the regular xboxes hdd)

*edit*

do y'all think i turn into bobbias when i talk about the vidya?  because ive been noticing tldr after tldr from me.  like read most of my posts in the WoW thread, if theres a vidya i like, i can ramble on and on about it.

*ADDING TO THE TLDR DONT MIND ME*

Ironbreaker
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:17:08 AM by vladgd »

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 08, 2008, 03:50:32 AM »
too bad when i got xbox live i put my real birthday so now with that godawful update i can't download anything m-rated even though i'm 17. i have to wait a week for everything and use my little bro's silver account which actually is 18+

fuck microsoft
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #662 on: June 08, 2008, 04:04:17 AM »
Eh, they don't have much of a choice as far as that goes, sadly.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the anti-video game lobbyists.  Things were so much simpler before they started whining.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #663 on: June 08, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »
fuck microsoft

THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU WERE SAYING WHEN YOU GOT YOUR ZUNE HMMMMMMMMM

ps lol warhammer

vladgd

« Reply #664 on: June 08, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »
ps lol warhammer

you know you want it

*edit*

played through the ng2 demo again, tried the differant weapons.

dragon sword- its ok, but i found myself getting hit more often than not
claws- i don't see the appeal in this weapon, they are "fast but weak" and id rather kill a guy with 1 button press rather than 6
lunar staff- take the vigorian flails from the first game, make them into a staff, and thats this weapon, not too practical for regular enemies, but i see a use for them in swarms of small enemies

anyway, the scythe is pretty much awesome, its fairly quick, stupidly powerful, easy to use, and has good range at that.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:59:50 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #665 on: June 08, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »
Hmm, I'm downloading the newest warhammer computer game. I'm kinda interested in warhammer, but I don't think I'd ever get into playing tabletop.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 08, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »
the tabletop figures cost so much fucking money. I remember when I attempted to assemble an army, but fell short because I did have no monies. I could only get like 2 sets of figures for 60 bucks.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 08, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
I never really understood why they charged so much for not-yet-assembled plastic figurines.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #668 on: June 08, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
Did you buy them from Games Workshop? Because apparently despite the fact that they are the creators, you shouldn't buy from them unless you need to. They're just so damn expensive. There are alternate places. (I can steal links from the WH40K thread in Something Awful if necessary) that, while not having the huge selection, are much cheaper.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 08, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »
you know you want it

I'm actually kind of interested. If it can be similar to wow, but with some non cookie cutter PVP and less GRINDAN it will probably be fun.

Also yes, I want to play NG2 now. I still haven't played DMC4 (well, a little, but not even nearly enough), also why must good action game come out so damn slowly? CASUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLS.

Also also the magician from No More Heroes is apparently polish.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:19:48 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #670 on: June 08, 2008, 11:35:12 PM »
I'm actually kind of interested. If it can be similar to wow, but with some non cookie cutter PVP and less GRINDAN it will probably be fun.

well WoW is HEAVILY based around pve, pvp servers are nothing but "pve-light" servers.  basically to hit the level cap, you must do pve content, on a pvp server, the only differance is other players can kill you and slow down your "pve grind to the level cap" down.   only at the level cap, can you start to pvp for gear, and if you want a low level twink, you had better have a high level character making gold "note more "pve"" so you can afford to buy those stupidly expensive twink gear pieces. 

from what it looks like, WAR is made from the ground up around pvp, with the ability to hit the level cap, and get the best gear, JUST BY FUCKING AROUND KILLING OTHER PLAYERS IN PLAYER VS PLAYER COMBAT(note, you gain xp from killing other players).  it has pve content, which actually contributes to the pvp war effort, but this stuff is OPTIONAL and you DO NOT HAVE to do it.

so as much as they "look" similar, they seem to be quite differant.  but i can't really say much till its out in retail and people are playing it. 

anyway, hype is bad, and the game comes out "fairly" soonish (q3-q4 08) so we will wait and see if its worth the price of admission, let alone the monthly fee.

i really should make an "mmo general" thread.  im honestly not much into the genre (seriously, besides WoW, and being hyped for WAR, i see no interest in any other mmo games) but i see myself typing TLDR after TLDR about the stuff i am into.

as for the action game comment, remember when halo came out, people decided the only games that would be made are CONSOLE SHOOTAN GAEMS(FFFFF pc > console in terms of shootans).  so until they come out with a kickass action game with kickass online multiplayer (this = lots of games sold, unfortunately) continue to see few good action games coming out.

and last but not least (srsly im almost done with this post) i read magician as michigan, SNAP!

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #671 on: June 09, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »
While I was at my girlfriend's house all day, my sister got really bored and hid/changed a bunch of stuff around my room. What the hell.

Also, Saw is really gruesome, wow. I forgot how bad it was, rofl.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 09, 2008, 01:04:48 AM »
as for the action game comment, remember when halo came out, people decided the only games that would be made are CONSOLE SHOOTAN GAEMS(FFFFF pc > console in terms of shootans).  so until they come out with a kickass action game with kickass online multiplayer (this = lots of games sold, unfortunately) continue to see few good action games coming out.

Action games don't really translate that well into multiplayer. Really, all I can see happening is just a crappy fighting game, maybe in an arena with several people, but then you'd need some sort of cast/customizable charecters.

vladgd

« Reply #673 on: June 09, 2008, 01:16:37 AM »
i think thats the point.  nobody has succeeded in making a really good online multiplayer action game yet.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #674 on: June 09, 2008, 07:48:48 AM »
yet.

Exactly. I'd love to see a properly executed online fighting game. That could really bring a new style of game out.

Of course, someone needs to figure out how to work out the necessary parts that would go into that sort of thing.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x