Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 469997 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #675 on: June 09, 2008, 12:53:56 PM »
I'm leaving for Europe in about 30 minutes. It's going to be awesome.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #676 on: June 09, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
So apparently Venetian Snares were playing in Portland last night (where I live) but I didn't go because I was having an awesome time with some old friends.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

vladgd

« Reply #677 on: June 09, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
So apparently Venetian Snares were playing in Portland last night (where I live) but I didn't go because I was having an awesome time with some old friends.

old friends > lots of things

also, olol yurop

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #678 on: June 09, 2008, 02:04:02 PM »
old friends > lots of things

TRUE THAT
 - Alexxx

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 09, 2008, 03:14:30 PM »
It's 10 minutes to 8AM and I haven't slept yet.

The same thing happened to me last night, though surprisingly I haven't felt all that tired all day long.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #680 on: June 09, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »
Hmmmmm that I might have to check out... Do you know when/how much?
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 09, 2008, 11:37:29 PM »
Exactly. I'd love to see a properly executed online fighting game. That could really bring a new style of game out.

I'd have to be an action/hack n slash/beat em up at it's core first. Then maybe some sort of PvE and PvP (arenas or 1 on 1 type deals) system. Really, havening a free roam online action game would be like crack.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #682 on: June 09, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »
I signed up for an ungodly amount of extra shifts this week. It's gonna be the most I've ever worked at once. I'm going to go nuts!

Also, I'd kill to see the Flashbulb live. Tell him to come here :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 10, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34978.html#comments_top

On a top ten FPS games list, Halo is number 2. Really, what the fuck is this shit.

vladgd

« Reply #684 on: June 10, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »
i kind of raged from it

but i mean, halo DID basically make the xbox into what it is today.  i wouldn't have gotten an xbox without halo, hell, i hated fps games before halo. 

and the word "best fps" is kind of deceiving, goldeneye as number 1 on the "best fps" list, i disagree with(its almost unplayable today).   but if it was a list of the most important fps games, i can see it ranking up pretty high, with wolfenstein 3d being number 1.

but whatever, they did have reasons for putting what they did on the list.  however, i would have added ut99, and the original half-life. 

i mean, half-life has like the best single player fps experiance out there.  and ut99 started the multiplayer aspect of ut, which ended up being some of the fastest multiplayer shootans out today.

anyway, SHOOTAN AND OPINIONS

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #685 on: June 10, 2008, 02:17:28 AM »
Haha, I love Stuttering Craig.

And seriously, if Halo was such a bad game people wouldn't be playing it in such volumes.  Its multiplayer might not be as furious as that of the original Doom, but it's very well balanced (as of Halo 2, anyway...I haven't played Halo 3 multiplayer).  It really is a highly refined title.  Also, don't forget that it essentially brought back co-op back into the spotlight.

My only gripe is that the original Doom is nowhere on the list.  I would have probably taken out Doom 3, slid everything back, and threw it in the number one place.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 10, 2008, 03:24:09 AM »
i kind of raged from it

but i mean, halo DID basically make the xbox into what it is today.  i wouldn't have gotten an xbox without halo, hell, i hated fps games before halo. 

So? As you said wolfenstien is lower on the list and it fucking invented FPS. Halo did nothing but push one console, woo.

And seriously, if Halo was such a bad game people wouldn't be playing it in such volumes.  Its multiplayer might not be as furious as that of the original Doom, but it's very well balanced (as of Halo 2, anyway...I haven't played Halo 3 multiplayer).  It really is a highly refined title.  Also, don't forget that it essentially brought back co-op back into the spotlight.

Wat, Halo 3 isn't even the top played xbox live game, CoD4 is. That's on xbox live ALONE, not counting PS3 and PC numbers.

Also Halo is fucking far from balanced, sniper can shoot just as easily non scoped as it can be scoped, due to it still having a cross hare (I don't care if it's small, it's still large enough to see). It also has no change to projection when you unscoped/walk, so accurate shooting is still mighty easy, and you have FOUR FUCKING SHOTS, when it takes 2 ANYWHERE to kill someone. Any decent person will wreck 2 people with one clip of the sniper before they can do jack shit. Also the sword can be a campers dream weapons (in a medium room). Also everything else is just shit compared to snipers, rockets, and the sword.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #687 on: June 10, 2008, 03:26:31 AM »
ohi guys. been with my dad for the past few days, he came up from mexico to visit. :] Too busy to post, but.. I'm back now. (I'm sorry, I know you enjoyed my absence)

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #688 on: June 10, 2008, 03:51:40 AM »
Wat, Halo 3 isn't even the top played xbox live game, CoD4 is. That's on xbox live ALONE, not counting PS3 and PC numbers.

That's because most people are still playing Halo 2...

Also Halo is fucking far from balanced, sniper can shoot just as easily non scoped as it can be scoped, due to it still having a cross hare (I don't care if it's small, it's still large enough to see). It also has no change to projection when you unscoped/walk, so accurate shooting is still mighty easy, and you have FOUR FUCKING SHOTS, when it takes 2 ANYWHERE to kill someone. Any decent person will wreck 2 people with one clip of the sniper before they can do jack shit.

And the maps are designed in such a way that the snipers can get raped.  And the game is designed so that they can be easily knocked about.

And seriously, try actually tacking a moving target, unscoped.  It's not that easy to do it accurately.  The only way you'd be able to accurately track someone at enough of a distance where they can't destroy you with assault rifles is if you're insanely steady, your sensitivity settings are low enough that CQB is impossible, or the other player isn't even trying.  Seriously, I can't think of a single instance where a sniper was able to take me down unscoped and I'm certainly not a good Halo player.

If the sniper rifle were as good as you're trying to imply, nobody would bother with assault rifles.  In my experience, people gravitate towards BRs.

Also the sword can be a campers dream weapons (in a medium room).

Step 1) Pick up shotgun.
Step 2) When you see swordsman, start shooting.
Step 3) Teabag your attacker's corpse.

Also everything else is just shit compared to snipers, rockets, and the sword.

No shit, of course they're more powerful.  That's why they have a fairly limited amount of ammo and you end up wasting a valuable weapon slot when you have them.  A person with a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle isn't going to be much of a threat in close-range combat unless they're really goddamn good (and even then they're at a heavy disadvantage).
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #689 on: June 10, 2008, 04:13:32 AM »
spectere, me, mortified
ut2k4
deathmatch
final destination rankin

(note, i suck, but its still fun fragging dudes with the shield gun)