Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 486308 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #705 on: June 11, 2008, 01:50:43 AM »
So I have orientation for sams club tomorrow [9.80/hr or so]

woo.

I'm keeping this job till I can secure a job offered to me today from Manpower [headhunter people] about a help desk position, mainly dealing with email-based support instead of by phone. Paying up to 16.50/hr yay
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #706 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:51 AM »
unscoped in a close to medium range is exactly like shooting someone from a distance with the scope, it's just that you can see more and they'll probably try to move a bit more to dodge you. Also the reason people like BR is because it's flexible, and it's basically the only thing that can combat the sniper at distance, every other gun at any half decent range just shits on its self when trying to hit someone.

Ever outsnipe someone with the handgun? I have. It's not that hard. Honestly, if you know someone has the sniper on you, and it's 1v1, you still ahve a pretty good chance, unless you are in an absolutely horrendous place.

Good luck finding the shotgun first, it's usually just as rare as the sword on maps that have both. that and they're still is the uncertainty with it.

I've never had a problem with that. Considering the shotgun pis pretty much the equivalent of the sword in power, and has better range, it SHOULD be as rare as the sword. And me, a rather below average player managed to get 8 consecutive kills with the shotgun against a friend who owns the game and is much better than I am, who was using the sword.

Also the rocket lawchair is at it's best in medium range, just jump and remotely shoot at their feet. Splash damage always catches them.

How many times have I done well with the rocket launcher at medium range? Not many, considering most of the time people can see that giant thing and dodge the blast, or kill you. Rockets are slow and cumbersome, and only really useful when people aren't looking at you (or you've gotten the cloacking).

I hardly find it balanced, the only way to beat someone with a power weapon is to find them first, start shooting them before they damage you (also another thing I absolutely HATE about halo, letting a person get behind you and shoot you with any half decent gun basically means you are as good as dead, due to their not being any real body weak points) and hopefully kill them before they notice you.

And real life IS balanced? Guns work like this: if you shoot someone before they shoot you, they will die. Doesn't it make sense that a game should also work like that?
I've seen lots of times where I've snuck up on someone and ended up getting killed, because either A) they had a better weapon, B) they were able to use grenades, or C) they were able to get away from me before I could kill them, and then attacked and killed me.

Also about map balance, it's also bad. Snipers on that one big map with 2 bases have the roof to start at, and also have teleporters to run if they start to be approached from too many people. Also on that smaller metal map that "floats", the sniper has one of the highest spots on the map and only one walk way to get up to it, so any half decent person will unscope time to time to check his back.

You mean Blood Gulch and Boarding Action. I would assume from the fact that you had to describe the maps that you haven't played all that much. Blood Gulch has many pitfalls for the unweary sniper, considering even if you're on the top of the buildings, you're pretty out in the open. Not to mention people can toss grenades up there without your noticing if they're half decent. That map is a much more close range based map, not a sniper map, since there are only about 3 places for any sniper to be useful.

Boarding Action is a fun map. Any half decent sniper would get the fuck out of that sniper platform. If they didn't, someone would murder them the second they noticed that someone got sniped. Oh, and I mentioned out sniping a sniper with a handgun? That was in that level. using the x scope in the handgun, I was able to beat someone using a sniper on 10x (which is justified, due to the length between the 2 platforms). I even found a way to throw grenades through the bunker windows in that level, throwing them across the entire distance of the gap. Great way to get someone when they're not expecting it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #707 on: June 11, 2008, 10:36:02 AM »
Today is the first of my loooong work days. Yuck. Working over 8 hours isn't something i'm used to, I do 3 and a half hour shifts :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #708 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »
You'll get used to it. 8 hours really isn't that bad, it's when you have either a) ridiculous scheduling putting 2 shifts right after eachother, or b) long commutes back and forth, that is truly gets bad.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #709 on: June 11, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »
I'm seriously getting sick of this shit weather we're having here. I don't know what it's like where you all are, but it's been fucking cold EVERY GOD DAMN DAY excluding about three or four days in the past two months of high temperatures. It's almost the middle of June for shit's sake.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 11, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »
I'm in Paris right now. The food is awesome, although I will note that everything is pretty expensive. I'm going to Normandy in a couple of days and London the day after that. This trip is pretty fun.

Also, because of the timeshift, I went about 36 hours without REM sleep.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 02:31:35 PM by Marvis Mongoldique »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #711 on: June 11, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »
ill trade you mr sq3r

75-85 degree temperatures are killing me, if i didn't have a nice cool basement to take refuge from the heat in, id be MISERABLE.

vladgd

« Reply #712 on: June 11, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »
bob, mortified, the amount of tldr you both sprouted out DOES require its own topic.

http://www.spectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=575.0

there you go

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 11, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »
I'll move my post and delete the old one then.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #714 on: June 11, 2008, 06:55:12 PM »
ill trade you mr sq3r

75-85 degree temperatures are killing me, if i didn't have a nice cool basement to take refuge from the heat in, id be MISERABLE.

Hey at least you have a refuge :| I live in a room separate from the house with no insulation and half-inch walls. I don't really mind the cold in general, but it makes my hands numb and useless, which is hard for typing and sewing and guitaring and pretty much everything I like to do.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #715 on: June 11, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »
We've been getting weather like, in the high 20's to low 30's lately, except for yesterday (I dunno what today was like, since I slept through most of it).
It's been really muggy, too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 11, 2008, 10:26:21 PM »
It can be muggy in the 30s? That's just awful. Then again, Florida heat isn't so bad if you wake up at about 1 ish, you get past the worst parts.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #717 on: June 11, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
30's in Canada. 30 degrees Celsius = 86 degrees Fahrenheit.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #718 on: June 11, 2008, 10:52:36 PM »
was going to say, you don't live THAT much north of me

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 11, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »
American temp. is worth less then Canadian temp.