Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 470241 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #720 on: June 11, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »
been watching this "mmo review" show called turpster vision, and its pretty entertaining

http://www.massively.com/2008/03/04/turpstervision-an-episode-of-great-impotence/

in particular made me laugh my ass off, if there is a "best character backstory in city of heroes" this would be it.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #721 on: June 12, 2008, 12:15:48 AM »
It's consistently low 90s and extraordinarily humid here. Feels like AIDS, death and ass, simultaneously. The only thing this weather is good for is waterparks and swimming. And being inside.

I'm thinking about investing my $1600 in my savings account in more coins. I'm pretty bent on doing this, so unless anyone can talk me out of it, that liquid cash is going, going, gone this saturday :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

vladgd

« Reply #722 on: June 12, 2008, 12:37:17 AM »
its not my $1600

but if i had $1600, id use it to help fund college (which i am starting to think about)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #723 on: June 12, 2008, 01:40:02 AM »
It's consistently low 90s and extraordinarily humid here.

Yikes, it's cooler down there than it is up here.  It was over a hundred the other day. :(
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #724 on: June 12, 2008, 03:14:19 AM »

as if i wasn't hyped up for this game enough, heres more reason to want to play this game, the dwarf "mounts" are fucking awesome.

*edit*

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35050.html

mgs4 review (no spoilers in this review, so don't worry 'bout that)

i consider myself a hardcore (maby less than hardcore, but more than most) metal gear fan and the review didn't bother me, if anything, it was more of a showcase of why i need a ps3.  as for the comments for the review, SHITSTORM COMMENCE!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:56:27 PM by vladgd »

Kulli

« Reply #725 on: June 12, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
my facebook is back

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #727 on: June 12, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »
I've been doing some research on moving trucks...$300 from U-Haul, not including gas.  Whew...I can see where my next paycheck is going.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »
Yeah, those things aren't cheap.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #729 on: June 12, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »
!

k so on the kojima interview on the "on the spot" show, kojima pretty much confirmed that the metal gear franchise will continue.

just because the story with solid snake was wrapped up, doesn't mean the metal gear series is dead.  i hoped to eventually hear this when i heard "mgs4 is the last metal gear solid game FEATURING SOLID SNAKE" as in, there will be more metal gear, there already is more metal gear in metal gear online.

blablabla, more metal gear in the coming years + kojima can work on his other franchises, lets cross our fingers for a ZoE 3

but from the sounds of it, he is looking to create a new series, and this isn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:15:53 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #730 on: June 13, 2008, 01:39:51 AM »

Wh-wh...whaaaaaa???

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 13, 2008, 02:45:44 AM »
just because the story with solid snake was wrapped up, doesn't mean the metal gear series is dead.  i hoped to eventually hear this when i heard "mgs4 is the last metal gear solid game FEATURING SOLID SNAKE" as in, there will be more metal gear, there already is more metal gear in metal gear online.

blablabla, more metal gear in the coming years + kojima can work on his other franchises, lets cross our fingers for a ZoE 3

but from the sounds of it, he is looking to create a new series, and this isn't a bad thing.

I was JUST discussing this with a friend. I read a little thing in the instructional hand book (my mate bought it because he likes to draw [sold a few painting for 100+ dollars, if I'm not mistaken]) and it showed Kojima saying how 2 was supposed to be the end, then he made 3 and his fans still said "lol wut".

Also god yes, more zone of enders, hopefully with a new orbital frame, or maybe even multiple ones (unlocking and playing as bosses in duels in 1 was fun as hell).

Also also, speaking of metal gear, I just watched a friend play a little bit of it, and the opening movie is the biggest WTF moment I've ever seen in any game ever. It's a lady on a game show (with all live actors, and really fancy CGI around them) and she picks a category about private military something, and she's asked a question about which unit has a combined population of Canada, and Mexico. She gets the question wrong, it being the praying mantis unit, and then it shows snake entering a battle field.

Then it shows some Gekko units running around, and they are insane. Also he's hardly played, but he has several rifles, along with a silenced pistol and a tranq gun, and it seems you can use MGS3 style CQC, but you have the regular MGS health system, and the stamina bar under his health has something to do with his nano machines and using guns.

vladgd

« Reply #732 on: June 13, 2008, 03:05:30 AM »
everything in mgs4 has to do with nanomachines

how do you think vamp can survive headshots?  yep, nanomachines, ps he dies in mgs4 because the nanomachines were turned off or something.

size 1 font for something that wasn't much of a spoiler, with a spoiler tacked on because im a jackass.

also olol at spekturs pic

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 13, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »
I'm in teh London right now.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #734 on: June 13, 2008, 11:35:09 PM »
wtfimg

I think your computer is a little confused.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx