Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 480718 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #735 on: June 14, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »
I signed up for the most extra shifts possible this week and next, and as a result my paycheck is going to be PHAT. like, $500 phat. kickass!

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #736 on: June 14, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »
I think your computer is a little confused.

Heh, I confirmed with my dad that it's an IE8 issue.  Windows Update works fine when you use IE7 emulation.  I'm sure that'll be fixed by the time it gets released.  At least Vista has a standalone Windows Update application.  My dad (who's running XP) has to keep activating IE7 emulation to update his system.

That said, IE8 is pretty badass.  It's nice to see that Microsoft is actually shooting for standards compliance now.  The rendering engine is capable of passing Acid2 now, they just need to set the browser so that you don't need to specifically tag web pages to disable the IE6/7 crappiness emulation engine.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 14, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »
I'm in teh London right now.

Do dragons really exist there, is EVERY street made from coble stone?

vladgd

« Reply #738 on: June 14, 2008, 01:43:22 AM »
Do dragons really exist there, is EVERY street made from coble stone?

what a stupid question

of course there are dragons there, and EVERY street is pure colombian cobble stone

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 14, 2008, 02:12:53 AM »
Well shit, I was looking for my Red Alert Yuris revenge CD, and I found C&C generals and the expansion for it. Pretty damn awesome, I think my friend game it to me because his PC couldn't run it, but I don't have the CD code.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #740 on: June 14, 2008, 05:46:33 AM »
spec: maybe you should just use a browser with less suck.

also, i have a fearow pokemon card in my hand. this card is fucking bad ass. but it on the bench, smack on 4 energy cards, then you can do 40 damage every turn. however, with only 70 hp, it can only take so much. a great beginning match card, if you can get those 4 energy cards on fearow before your opponent can power their pokemon, the game is pretty much over.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #741 on: June 14, 2008, 05:54:38 AM »
spec: maybe you should just use a browser with less suck.
That said, IE8 is pretty badass.  It's nice to see that Microsoft is actually shooting for standards compliance now.  The rendering engine is capable of passing Acid2 now

IE8 won't make me an IE convert (mainly since I'm all about Firefox), but it's far from terrible now.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #742 on: June 14, 2008, 06:20:23 AM »
terrible as in IE6? Or would IE6 be considered far worse than "terrible"?

Only website my IE6 has been to was mozilla.com to download firefox. =o I simply refuse to use IE6 for any reason. Its security holes are far too numerous as well as dangerous.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #743 on: June 14, 2008, 07:48:18 AM »
If onbly computers came equipped with wget from the start :/ Then we could bypass even that.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #744 on: June 15, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »
I was hanging out with someone from my work and his girlfriend last night. His girlfriend is awesome. Really pretty, smart, artistic, funny, etc. etc. But he is a TOTAL DOUCHEBAG and it pisses me off to see her with him. She is way too fucking good for that idiot.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #745 on: June 15, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
terrible as in IE6? Or would IE6 be considered far worse than "terrible"?

I'd say worse than terrible simply for the lack of tabs.  IE7 is "terrible."

Like I said, IE8 is actually pretty good.  The rendering engine is very solid, probably as good as FF3's in full standards compliance mode.  As far as security is concerned, that hasn't been proven yet.

Only website my IE6 has been to was mozilla.com to download firefox. =o I simply refuse to use IE6 for any reason. Its security holes are far too numerous as well as dangerous.

The security holes have pretty much all been patched.  Microsoft is actually far better about patching security vulnerabilities than Mozilla is.

The main reason you get so many IE users with spyware and crap is because they press "ALLOW" for absolutely everything.  Considering spyware "vendors" are rolling out Java-powered installers nowadays, Safari, Opera, and Firefox are no more safe than IE is to an untrained luser.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #746 on: June 15, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »
I'd say worse than terrible simply for the lack of tabs.  IE7 is "terrible."

Like I said, IE8 is actually pretty good.  The rendering engine is very solid, probably as good as FF3's in full standards compliance mode.  As far as security is concerned, that hasn't been proven yet.

The security holes have pretty much all been patched.  Microsoft is actually far better about patching security vulnerabilities than Mozilla is.

The main reason you get so many IE users with spyware and crap is because they press "ALLOW" for absolutely everything.  Considering spyware "vendors" are rolling out Java-powered installers nowadays, Safari, Opera, and Firefox are no more safe than IE is to an untrained luser.

OOOHH DISS

vladgd

« Reply #747 on: June 15, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »
i just played in my first 4th edition game as a dwarven cleric. i rather liked it.

pretty fuck awesome having an "infinite" amount of damage "spells" i can cast, which also buff the party as well as do damage.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:02:26 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #748 on: June 16, 2008, 07:51:17 AM »
Yeah, 4th edition seems really interesting. My friend Matt is VERY into D&D and from his descriptions of 4th edition, it has really balanced things out, and made it much more party oriented.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #749 on: June 16, 2008, 02:41:59 PM »
Whew...who would have thought that quitting a job would be so tiring?

I ended up cleaning out the company car this morning, consolidating everything into fewer boxes, and hauling about 500 pounds of equipment into the back seat.  Not a bad workout, I say.

But anyway, now to celebrate.

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!