Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 479718 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #990 on: July 15, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
Yeah, I know. Patching WoW is a PAIN in the ass.

i no rite

On the bright side, I'll be able to get started with it today.  I could have been able to get a character going last night if Blizzard actually distributed the latest version with their client download package.  Argh.  I had a feeling I should have sprung for the streaming demo, but I dislike waiting for things to download while I'm moving around (the install-as-you-go version of Guild Wars is beyond annoying, for example).

That's what I love about EVE.  When I download the version that they have on their web site (which, unlike WoW, doesn't require me to jump through hoops -- it's readily available) I know that I'll have the latest version.  Hell, even if I installed an old version it would bring me up-to-date quickly, with a one-step patching system.  EVE has, by far, the best update system I've seen in an MMO.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #991 on: July 15, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »
well if you have any questions about that blasted WoW game, newf or I can answer most of anything about it.

i haven't played the darned thing in some 7 months, but i still feel like i have WoWikki in my brain.

hey what about me

vladgd

« Reply #992 on: July 15, 2008, 04:10:45 PM »
hey what about me

what about you?

i just figure newf and i have done the raid thing, and have had high levels for a long time now, and because of that, know a fair bit about the game more than the average "i hit max level post tbc" person.

anyway Monroeville, in urban dead is getting scarey.

50ap a day (same as in malton) but like if you die, YOU DIE FOR REALZ.  if you are a zombie, and take a headshot, YOU ARENT GETTING BACK UP.  so im all level 9 survivor, and every building that isn't the one im in (which is max level of barrication) has zombies in it.  zombies are everywhere, and i don't have the ap to migrate away.  so im going to hope that either

A- when i log on tomorrow the zombies haven't broke down the barricade
B- when i log on tomorrow the zombies attacked people that aren't me in the building i am in so i can escape to safety.

like, when i get enough xp to buy one more skill, i am level 10, when i get 100xp after that, i can buy headshot.  when i get headshot, killing zombies, means killing zombies.  so before i die, i hope i can perma kill several people (or several hundred if i am lucky)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 16, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »
I just watched Superhero Movie with a couple of my friends. We all went into it expecting it to be completely horrible like the last few parody movies, but it was actually really funny. The plotline was coherent and the jokes didn't completely revolve around toilet humor. Admittedly, a few of the jokes were carried out too long, but it was still a fairly good movie.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #994 on: July 16, 2008, 09:43:18 AM »
... Wow. I am shocked. Almost enough to want to watch it. However, I still don't want to pay, and I won't waste computer space on it, so I'm still not planning on seeing it any time soon.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

itsgravy

• Impersonal Text
    • View Profile

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 16, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »
Oh my. Also has anyone here played stalker? I was thinking of actually buying it.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #997 on: July 16, 2008, 11:28:49 PM »
Cakes!

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2008/07/16/millennium-falcon-cake-would-make-any-geek-cry-for-joy/
Personally, I'm more interested in the Stargate cake, but DAAAAAAAYYYYYM.  That guy's really fucking good at making cakes.

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 17, 2008, 12:37:52 AM »
I just watched Superhero Movie with a couple of my friends. We all went into it expecting it to be completely horrible like the last few parody movies, but it was actually really funny. The plotline was coherent and the jokes didn't completely revolve around toilet humor. Admittedly, a few of the jokes were carried out too long, but it was still a fairly good movie.

I enjoyed that movie as well.  It seemed like the writers actually some effort into it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 17, 2008, 02:19:36 AM »
Apparently there is now a way to play PS2 ISOs without modding a system. It's just a specific memory card exploit and a patch for the ISO so the system recognizes it as a DVD Video disc. Huh.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 17, 2008, 04:10:18 AM »
Apparently there is now a way to play PS2 ISOs without modding a system. It's just a specific memory card exploit and a patch for the ISO so the system recognizes it as a DVD Video disc. Huh.

Sounds similar to the M33 driver for the PSP.

So I just drank a 32oz Monster and I don't feel any different. This is weird because I almost never drink anything caffeinated. If I drink a soda, it's Sprite or root beer. I don't know how I have this tolerance for caffeine, but I do and it's stupid.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1001 on: July 17, 2008, 06:29:48 AM »
I generally don't feel the effects of caffeine if I'm sitting at my desk on the computer.

My script, Swerve, will have its v0.1 RC1 released tonight. I'll post laytur with the URL if anyone wants to try it out. This way, you'll be able to share your files with the rest of us on the #s.net channel on IRC. that's all.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1002 on: July 17, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »
I love not consuming any caffeine for a week or two, and then just drinking a ton of coffee in one sitting.

It's like the episode of Futurama where Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee...The whole world slows down, and I get this massive urge to chase my dogs around for some hours.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1003 on: July 17, 2008, 07:19:29 AM »

Well, let's see,there's the memory card exploit that essentially makes the PS2 operate some executable code off the memory card when a certain CD is read (triggered by the SLUS code), so using that they could manage to do it. Does that system require a harddrive or anything?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 17, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
No, that would just be HD Loader. This is something new.