Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 481203 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1110 on: July 28, 2008, 01:04:57 AM »
Urbex is pretty wicked. I wish there was shit to explore around here, there aren't even any decent swamps.

Also, that picture of that penny is terrible. You need to either a) focus that shit, or B) put that case someplace the camera could actually focus on.

Nah, doesn't work like that. My camera blows for close-ups of anything in any sense. It's just plain impossible. I used to use my sister's camera for pictures of my coins but she moved out last week. My camera does not focus.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 28, 2008, 02:38:49 AM »
Nah, doesn't work like that. My camera blows for close-ups of anything in any sense. It's just plain impossible. I used to use my sister's camera for pictures of my coins but she moved out last week. My camera does not focus.

Eh sucks.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1112 on: July 28, 2008, 02:43:31 AM »
So, the AC adapter on our main router died (it's a 12V brick that was putting out nearly 16V when I checked it...oops), leaving us without shared Internet access.  That is bad.

Then the WAN port on our Linksys BEFSR41 suddenly started working again (the reason we got the newer router is because that port stopped working), letting us put things mostly back to the way they were (though we don't have enough switch ports at the moment, unfortunately).  That is good.

Hopefully the router didn't get damaged when the AC adapter blew out.  If we can revive it using a $10 brick from Radio Shack that'll be awesome (we don't have reliable wi-fi now -- we do have a US Robotics AP/router that my dad uses as an overglorified switch but it drops the signal constantly).
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 28, 2008, 02:49:48 AM »
So, the AC adapter on our main router died (it's a 12V brick that was putting out nearly 16V when I checked it...oops), leaving us without shared Internet access.  That is bad.

Then the WAN port on our Linksys BEFSR41 suddenly started working again (the reason we got the newer router is because that port stopped working), letting us put things mostly back to the way they were (though we don't have enough switch ports at the moment, unfortunately).  That is good.

Hopefully the router didn't get damaged when the AC adapter blew out.  If we can revive it using a $10 brick from Radio Shack that'll be awesome (we don't have reliable wi-fi now -- we do have a US Robotics AP/router that my dad uses as an overglorified switch but it drops the signal constantly).

And I have no fucking idea what that means Spectere but good luck what ever you are trying to do.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1114 on: July 28, 2008, 02:59:15 AM »
It's really not that complicated at all.

Also, that sucks ass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1115 on: July 28, 2008, 04:10:27 AM »
Eh, it's no so bad.  Like I said, at least the WAN port wound up...suddenly...working...on the BEF.  That thing's an old motherfucker.  Let's just say, the firmware that was on the unit was from September 10, 2001 (what a hell of a day to release a firmware update) and I know I updated it once or twice after we bought it.  Latest firmware for it was released in June 2004, I think.  That unit is back before Cisco bought Linksys.

I was surprised to discover that they still manufacturer the BEFSR41.  Granted, it's a newer hardware revision (we have hardware version 1.0 -- 4.3 is the latest platform version) but it's the same thing in (mostly) the same case.

Also, one thing that I'll always love about Linksys products is how easily you can update them.  tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put insertfirmwarefilenamehere.bin.  Ding! -- done.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1116 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:25 AM »
Cool, IIRC mine came with a program to update the firmware, but linksys takes FOREVER to release new firmware. I updated my firmware once, to 1.52.02, Apr 7 2005, and haven't had any newer versions to upgrade to, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 28, 2008, 05:39:59 AM »
Linksys sucks. Every some odd months my connection will just die and i'll panic and think something bad happened.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1118 on: July 28, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
Linksys sucks. Every some odd months my connection will just die and i'll panic and think something bad happened.

are you shitting me? I'd kill for a connection that even dropped once a month. >:|

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1119 on: July 28, 2008, 07:52:58 AM »
Same. :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 28, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
We've had a Netgear router from Charter for a few months now and the only time it dropped a connection was when I temporarily turned off the WEP security while one of my friends was trying to get Xbox Live working at my house.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1121 on: July 28, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
So there's a new search engine out now.  I wrote words about it: http://www.spectere.net/blog/2008/07/cuil-a-new-search-engine/ </e-pimping>

Just because your connection drops doesn't mean that it's a problem with the Linksys device.  As with any other radio signal, it's best to blame interference before you blame the device.

In my case, the US Robotics device is more than likely at fault since it is positioned in the same place as other wireless access points were and drops connections on a regular basis.  In your case, if it only drops every couple of months it's hardly fair to bash Linksys for something that (1) rarely happens and (2) is most likely caused by outside interference.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1122 on: July 28, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »
Just tried searching and apparently their servers got owned. Overload't.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1123 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »
Yeah, I've been having that happen as well.

Eh, give it a few days, I say.

vladgd

« Reply #1124 on: July 28, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
hmm, yesterday was kind of cool.  but the friends were being bitches today, so YAY FOR RANDOMLY LEAVING WHILE THEY ARE GONE!

also, swedish energy drink.

another mention, the psp slims are rather nice to use.  more internal ram means, you can actually browse the internet without much hastle, and games load faster.  also, the thing just feels nicer. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:03:06 PM by vladgd »