Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 481623 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1140 on: July 30, 2008, 04:03:08 AM »
Moderate change of subject: I ordered parts for a computer I've been wanting to build for some time, and the only component that's come by mail so far is the case. I should get more tomorrow/day.

EDIT: My cat loves the case box.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:48:52 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #1141 on: July 30, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
interesting dream i had

basically it was zombies and shit, and being trapped in this house, and there was a barn there or something.  and i found a magnum, and for a while it escalated to me telling the people there goodbye, then i shot myself in the head with it, fell down, started to fall asleep, then stuff seemed to zoom out into nothing...and i wake up because i guess my dream character died. 

quite interesting

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1142 on: July 30, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »
interesting dream i had

basically it was zombies and shit, and being trapped in this house, and there was a barn there or something.  and i found a magnum, and for a while it escalated to me telling the people there goodbye, then i shot myself in the head with it, fell down, started to fall asleep, then stuff seemed to zoom out into nothing...and i wake up because i guess my dream character died. 

quite interesting

I dreamt I stabbed my cat(though there were several of her) and my black lab.  One of the more disturbing/distressing dreams I've had in a long while.  Thankfully I was able to fall back asleep after a while so I could get the damn images out of my head.  :/
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1143 on: July 30, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »
Hey guys, we got a shout out in OpenITG's "WhoToSue.txt" file:

Special Thanks:
 - KholdFuzion
 - bacon
 - Spectere and friends at Spectere.net
 - StepMania team for making an awesome framework
 - StepMania.com

Not sure whether to blame infamouspat or vyhd (or both?) for that. :P

Lol, lots of work. Personally, I'd have tossed grub out the window if I was getting rid of linux.

You can't just delete grub.  If you delete grub, the stage1 binary in the MBR can't find the stage2 on your ext2/ext3/reiserfs/whatever and your system will refuse to do much of anything.

The only way to completely get rid of grub is to replace the MBR using a Windows CD (or a backup boot sector, if you have one available).  You either have to use fixmbr or fixboot (one of the two, but it doesn't hurt to run both) while in the Windows recovery console.  Hilariously enough, that's about the only thing that the Windows recovery console is actually good for.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1144 on: July 30, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
Lol, yes, yes it is. I've done that. I forgot that I needed to do that after deleting grub, but I did.

The other way is to have your grub based boot sector on one drive, and windows on a different one, and just switch your BIOS to boot the windows drive directly and delete grub.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1145 on: July 31, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »
Yes, sue spec... That little shit. :P

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1146 on: July 31, 2008, 12:31:47 AM »
I'm a big shit, thank you very much. <3

Also, yayz for my new StepMania setup!  StepMania 4.0 + dubaiOne + Cobalt Flux + My Old Computer + Gentoo = Yeehaw!  The only real issue that I've had is that my Cobalt Flux control box, for some reason, reports that it's a standard Xbox controller.  This wouldn't be a problem, but the xpad kernel driver refuses to map the d-pad to buttons under any circumstance if the controller is known.  I did a quick hack (i.e. forcing it to map the d-pad as buttons for that particular controller) but I think I'm going to eventually do it the right way in time (expose an option that allows someone to override those settings).  I've been keeping my changes in patch files to allow me to easily update the tree of future kernels, though considering how often xpad seems to receive updates (last update was with kernel version 2.6.16.X -- we're at 2.6.26 now, and my StepMania machine is running a 2.6.25 level kernel since that's what's marked stable in portage).

The machine is pretty nice...really a testament to Gentoo's incredible flexibility (combined with a little bit of hackery by yours truly).  It's set to auto-login root on boot on all consoles.  There are two major runlevels -- the standard "default" and "nox."  They have the same startup services, but if my additions to /etc/conf.d/local.start picks up that the user is running in the default runlevel it starts X/StepMania automagically.  Speaking of that, starting StepMania is a one-step process from the command prompt.  Just type sm40 from anywhere and that X startup script will start X and immediately start da StepMan.  If you don't need the shell at all, however, starting StepMania is a matter of booting the machine, selecting the entry in GRUB, and letting the system boot itself up.

I ended up setting up a window manager in X just for the sake of having something there if I want to do any high-resolution work, since I don't have a console framebuffer in place.  Since the system won't typically have a mouse connected to it, I configured and installed dwm -- an extremely light tabbed window manager that requires nothing more than a keyboard and a display -- to use a single tab and to full-screen everything.  Terminals are set to spawn with Win+Enter, windows are paged through using Alt+J/K, and windows are brought to the main pane with Alt+Enter.  Very simple to use, intuitive, and exactly what I needed.  This desktop gets invoked when you type "startx" at the command prompt.

The next step is to get a menu system in place so that I can switch between multiple StepMania versions (I plan to have OpenITG and 4.0 selectable when the joystick input in OpenITG becomes usable), quit out of X, or halt the system.  It'll all be joystick and keyboard-controlled so that, ultimately, I won't have to even have a keyboard attached to it.  I already wrote a small joystick test program, so all that's left is figuring out the nuances of X11 programming (which may or may not be an exercise in frustration...we'll see).
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
I'm a big shit, thank you very much. <3

Also, yayz for my new StepMania setup!  StepMania 4.0 + dubaiOne + Cobalt Flux + My Old Computer + Gentoo = Yeehaw!  The only real issue that I've had is that my Cobalt Flux control box, for some reason, reports that it's a standard Xbox controller.  This wouldn't be a problem, but the xpad kernel driver refuses to map the d-pad to buttons under any circumstance if the controller is known.  I did a quick hack (i.e. forcing it to map the d-pad as buttons for that particular controller) but I think I'm going to eventually do it the right way in time (expose an option that allows someone to override those settings).  I've been keeping my changes in patch files to allow me to easily update the tree of future kernels, though considering how often xpad seems to receive updates (last update was with kernel version 2.6.16.X -- we're at 2.6.26 now, and my StepMania machine is running a 2.6.25 level kernel since that's what's marked stable in portage).

The machine is pretty nice...really a testament to Gentoo's incredible flexibility (combined with a little bit of hackery by yours truly).  It's set to auto-login root on boot on all consoles.  There are two major runlevels -- the standard "default" and "nox."  They have the same startup services, but if my additions to /etc/conf.d/local.start picks up that the user is running in the default runlevel it starts X/StepMania automagically.  Speaking of that, starting StepMania is a one-step process from the command prompt.  Just type sm40 from anywhere and that X startup script will start X and immediately start da StepMan.  If you don't need the shell at all, however, starting StepMania is a matter of booting the machine, selecting the entry in GRUB, and letting the system boot itself up.

I ended up setting up a window manager in X just for the sake of having something there if I want to do any high-resolution work, since I don't have a console framebuffer in place.  Since the system won't typically have a mouse connected to it, I configured and installed dwm -- an extremely light tabbed window manager that requires nothing more than a keyboard and a display -- to use a single tab and to full-screen everything.  Terminals are set to spawn with Win+Enter, windows are paged through using Alt+J/K, and windows are brought to the main pane with Alt+Enter.  Very simple to use, intuitive, and exactly what I needed.  This desktop gets invoked when you type "startx" at the command prompt.

The next step is to get a menu system in place so that I can switch between multiple StepMania versions (I plan to have OpenITG and 4.0 selectable when the joystick input in OpenITG becomes usable), quit out of X, or halt the system.  It'll all be joystick and keyboard-controlled so that, ultimately, I won't have to even have a keyboard attached to it.  I already wrote a small joystick test program, so all that's left is figuring out the nuances of X11 programming (which may or may not be an exercise in frustration...we'll see).
;D

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 31, 2008, 01:43:18 PM »
For some unknown reason, my internet has started to move at a much slower speed. My wireless signal is at 50%, yet it is still about as fast as dial up. I was working fine at the same connection yesterday and nw it just shitted out. y u do this internet.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 31, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »
For some unknown reason, my internet has started to move at a much slower speed. My wireless signal is at 50%, yet it is still about as fast as dial up. I was working fine at the same connection yesterday and nw it just shitted out. y u do this internet.

Provider maybe...or your router.  I don't know much about computers but know more then about 95% of the US persons.

Also the views for this are almost

[OVER 9000!

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 31, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
So I'm currently transferring all of the media from my old computer to my new one 4GB at a time with a flash drive.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1151 on: July 31, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »
dubaiOne?

was ist das?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 31, 2008, 09:05:12 PM »
Provider maybe...or your router.  I don't know much about computers but know more then about 95% of the US persons.

I was thinking it was my router, considering how old it is, but the other PC hooked directly into it works fine. Then I disconnected my P2P program (which didn't have any uploads or downloads) and I suddenly have fine working internet.

wut duh fuk. fucen thing sux.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1153 on: July 31, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
Well, even with only 1 computer here, uTorrent makes a pretty big impact on my internet speed. My brother turns it off whenever he's on Y live, because it lags the webcam stream a lot.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 31, 2008, 09:33:44 PM »
I have do this only because it is appropriate.

"Vegeta what does board say about the views?"
"It's OVER 9000!"