Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 470198 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1170 on: August 03, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
i wouldn't mind going to sweden, denmark, the netherlands, norway, france, anywhere in the UK (except northern ireland), south korea (for the pro starcraft), pajan (for the TWO DEE ECKS), finland, russia, poland, and i guess thats about all off the top of my head. 

but really, i don't need pajan when i can play TWO DEE ECKS on the east coast about (estimating) a day drive away.  and i can technically watch the pro starcraft on the internets, but going to an actual event could be cool.  BUT ITS THE EXPERIANCE, and being the only "exotic" place ive been too is FLORIDA...it would be a nice change of scenery.

LETS ALL TAKE A TRIP TO SCANDINAVIA SHALL WE?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1171 on: August 03, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »
My JP IIDX controller's keypad is a few steps away from shit, so I swapped the backs on my US and JP keypads and now have a hybrid controller (body/TT from a JP controller, keypad from a US controller).  I only technically have one working controller now, but at least I have one with a good turntable (the one on the US controller isn't gritty enough and has a lot more resistance, even after modding, than the JP one) and a reliable button set.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:12 PM »
I have a ITG ignition afterburner pad that I want to sell, what's the easiest way to find a buyer so I can get rid of this thing?

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1173 on: August 03, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
You could ask the people who post at Aaron in Japan.  :3  If you've got an account there, at least.  If you don't, I'm not sure if you can really get one at the moment.  Aaron seems to disappear for months at a time now, and the few days that he returns are the only times new accounts get approved.

I could just post the thread for ya if you like.  :D
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 03, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
 ::)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 04, 2008, 10:19:45 AM »
I'm trying to learn to read Flip and Invert in Stepmania. So far, Invert is easier to read than Flip.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1176 on: August 04, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
::)

Got a point, child?  Or are you just looking to lengthen your e-pen--er, raise your post count?
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 04, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »
Post count.  I am a posting whore.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1178 on: August 04, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »
http://www.spectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=2.0

Rules v1.0
[...]
2) Don't be a postwhore.  If your point can be summed up in a few words odds are it isn't necessary.  Making a short, humorous post (or doing a funny quote edit to another post) is fine in moderation, but "quoting for truth" and similar practices will result in your post getting deleted.

^ This.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 04, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
Turns out I'm going to be spending a lot of time stripping down the stock OS on the Eee PC. I'd install another distro, but that's also a pain with no CD/DVD drive and wi-fi isn't guaranteed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:56:48 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 04, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »
Eee pc what is das?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1181 on: August 05, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
Eee pc what is das?

One of those $400 ultra-mini laptops.

Basically, they were created as an attempt to create ultra low cost introductory laptops to people who can't otherwise afford things like that.

As far as hardware is concerned, pretty much the only things they can do are A) browse the web (on a tiny as fuck screen), B) Word processing/other office type things, C) play music and D) play oldschool games like Doom, or something that takes basically no hardware requirements (because anything that requires much of a computer will never work on one of those things, and with a screen that small, who would want to play those anyway?)

I'm really not trying to bash them as a concept, but with the way people on s.net are with computers, I could hardly see any of us being the kind of people that need an Eee PC. If anything, it would simply become a toy to fuck with for us.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 05, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »
All I'm really going to use it for is word processing and browsing the web. I don't need any games on it because I have my tower for that, which can run HL2 with all the settings turned up without lagging. I bought this with the money I had left over from my budget on the tower because I'm going to need a laptop for note taking and whatnot.

For what it's made for, it's great. I like that it's almost completely silent when booted up and booting only takes a few seconds. I also like how small and light it is because it means you can take the thing pretty much anywhere. Tweaking with it is kind of a pain because all LiveCDs I get have to be modified and mounted on either a flash drive or SD card, and I still haven't gotten a gparted LiveCD that works.

EDIT: I got a LiveSD to work, and now it's working with partitions.

I really don't mind too much that I have to do all of this because I'm getting a lot more familiar with Linux and the bash shell.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:45:28 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1183 on: August 05, 2008, 09:12:23 AM »
I have a ITG ignition afterburner pad that I want to sell, what's the easiest way to find a buyer so I can get rid of this thing?

craigslist, ebay, kijiji.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1184 on: August 05, 2008, 11:03:11 AM »
Yeah, they are pretty good as a learning tool/portable note taking system.

Though I have to say that the biggest problem I have with those things is the insanely small screen. I wouldn't mind having one for college so I can type up my notes and browse the web wirelessly in class, but I don't think I'd be able to adjust to such a small screen. I mean, I've got 2 19 inch wide screen monitors on my computer. Even going back to only 1 screen bugs me, let alone going down to a tiny 9 (IIRC) inch thing.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x