Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 470190 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1215 on: August 08, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »
FF4-6, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Terranigma... christ, you've got some catching up to do. I'm hella glad I played all of those games when I did years ago, I have zero motivation to follow through a game these days.

Speaking of which, I want to play through Terranigma again... thanks for reminding me.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1217 on: August 08, 2008, 02:26:22 AM »
Also I need to start emulating. I didn't even own an SNES so I've got catching up to do.

Didn't I reply to you somewhere else with a google search for an emulation website?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1218 on: August 08, 2008, 04:18:59 AM »
nigga, super metroid is where its at

Fuck. Yes.

I highly recommend playing it with a gamepad of some sorts, though -- preferably one with a good d-pad.  Super Metroid does not play well on a keyboard in my experience.

sonnnnnnnnnnn

http://www.spectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=2.msg2#msg2

Indeed.

I'm starting to posts like that now.  I try to avoid deleting posts whenever possible, but I don't have a problem doing it if they don't have any actual content. <_<
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1219 on: August 08, 2008, 04:33:07 AM »
Fuck. Yes.

I highly recommend playing it with a gamepad of some sorts, though -- preferably one with a good d-pad.  Super Metroid does not play well on a keyboard in my experience.

agreed.  BUT if you get used to it, you can get through the game with little difficulty on keyboard.  i know, i beat the game using a keyboard(AND YES I HAVE PLAYED IT ON A REAL SNES, i just didn't get around to beating it on the snes).  the only hard parts is adjusting to the L and R keys, and mapping them to a place relatively easy to use.  but if you have access to a gamepad, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE IT, but its not "mandatory" to say, i didn't mind it after the initial "getting used too" part.

anyway, if you like side scrolling games at all, its a sin not to play super metroid.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1220 on: August 08, 2008, 04:41:01 AM »
Yeah, the L and R buttons gave me a lot of trouble when I tried playing it on keyboard.

I could have probably gotten through it if I played around with my key mappings and such, but eh.  I just ran out and bought an SNES and Super Metroid instead (and no, that's not the only SNES game I own, heh). :3

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 08, 2008, 05:20:04 AM »
Oh my god stop talking about keyboards and SNES games together. There are just lines that should NOT be crossed.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1222 on: August 08, 2008, 06:03:45 AM »
It's not bad with some games.  Super Mario World isn't any harder to play with a keyboard than with a gamepad (I've beaten it with both).

The only games that really don't work well with keyboards are games that require constant use of all six buttons during normal play.  If you're using ZSNES's default key bindings (Z, X, A, S, Q, W) that tends to get really nasty really quick-like.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 08, 2008, 06:07:02 AM »
So I just checked and, sure enough, this girl I now dislike less strongly still hasn't changed her e-mail password. I'm not really interested in her current social life, I just think it's interesting that as far as I know, her facebook is the only utility that doesn't use her universal password that nearly everyone in her circle of former friends knows.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1224 on: August 08, 2008, 06:11:03 AM »
Lots of SNES games are fine on keyboard. I can even play Megaman X well enough to beat the game playing on a keyboard (I use the arrow keys, and right Ctrl as A, right Shift as B, / as X and Right Alt as Y "," as L and "." as R and sometimes numpad 0 as rapidfire A.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 08, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »
I'm completely fine with emulating games from any console with a keyboard excluding those that would normally use a joystick.  As in, when you have to spin the joystick around to do something such as defeating Bowser in Super Mario 64.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 08, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »
Playing Super Meteroid on keybord is a bitch considering one needs to use the L and R buttons while moving and shooting at the same time...for games like that it is best to get a controler.

vladgd

« Reply #1227 on: August 08, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
is it strange i would rather play gba games on my GBA than on my ds?  i mean, the battery to my gba sp is DEAD, like it won't hold charges anymore, and id rather play it with the plug in than on the sp.

the buttons just feel better on the damn thing compared to the ds, and the ds has a d-pad I WOULD CONSIDER EVEN WORSE THAN THE 360's D-PAD JESUS. but yeah, one thing i need to get in the future, new battery for the sp.

im saying this because im planning on (well its been like this for a while, im just lazy) beating the original NES metroid on my copy of zero mission.

also, the fuck nintendo, why didn't you release a purple ds, it would be a nice compliment to the purple gbc, and the cobalt (close enough to purple) sp.  now that im at it, all portable game systems should be matte rather than shiny, those look better longer, rather than looking awesome, till you touch it and the smudges from your fingers make it look dirty.  and id get in on the "quit re making game systems better and selling them off, you are screwing over the early adopters which made the damn thing successful in the first place" but thats a new argument which i covered some months back.

anyway, new 2d metroid for the ds, HEAR THAT NINTENDO, MAKE IT!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 08, 2008, 02:57:25 PM »
Didn't I reply to you somewhere else with a google search for an emulation website?

More then likely, I'll probably be getting an ZSNES whenever I get my torrenting working.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1229 on: August 08, 2008, 08:52:05 PM »
i play my snes games on my computer via my original childhood snes controllers. I bought two snes -> usb adapters. fuck yeaaahhhhh

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.