Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 469766 times)

vladgd

Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1245 on: August 10, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
ok so i got every item in brinstar, and norfair(save for the wavebeam, which would help on ridley, but im lazy to get it, and it wont help much on kraid), and im working on ridleys lair.

i remember why i quit the first time so many months ago, so i mean, i go around in ridleys lair, die, and then turn the game off.  i come back to the game later, y'know you only start with 30 health, and that means i have 3 empty energy tanks.  "farming" health in this game takes YEARS, like jesus, it will take a good minute or two just to get 20, maby 30 health, and i need what, 400?  the fuck.  and good luck trying to get through the bottom path with only 30 health, yeah, i died like what, 6 times already? 

i guess next time i pick it up (hopefully soon, i would rather beat this game eventually) i will sit there, FARMING HEALTH for an hour or so until i am full, collect the two energy tanks, and two missiles ive yet to get, attempt to kill ridley, if i kill him, move on to kraids lair. 

but they did a good job on super metroid by upping the health pickups, i mean, i have max missiles (75) and those things still drop more than health does.  not to mention when i do get health, its a shitty 5 health drop.

ill give it another go when i cool down a bit.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1246 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:33 PM »
You fight Ridley first in the original Metroid too?  Wow, I thought I was like the only person who did that.

Srsly, Ridley's way easier to beat than Kraid.

vladgd

« Reply #1247 on: August 11, 2008, 12:33:15 AM »
well ridleys lair is bitch, therefore i would rather get it over with first.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1248 on: August 11, 2008, 12:53:56 AM »
I've set up accounts at two banks in the past few days... getting my banking feet wet so I can see what I like best. Before I was using a local Florida Credit Union, and looking back I realize it blows. So far I think I like Wachovia the best... other bank was Bank of America.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

vladgd

« Reply #1249 on: August 11, 2008, 02:17:15 AM »
i went into ridley with 83 health expecting to die, i killed him with 59 health left.

i guess i was being retarded when i last fought him, he literally takes ZERO skill to beat.

*edit*

k so i have 6 energy tanks, all the missiles in norfair, brinstar, and im missing one in ridleys lair only because it requires some mad bomjump skills to do, so considering im at like 125 (possibly more, i need to pick up more missiles) missiles, im good.

but uhh i wanted to do ridleys lair first, because i remember ridley being a bitch, and the zone is full of long gay corridors, not to mention it takes a bit of time to get too.  kraids lair is close, and you can get from kraids, to brinstar, to tourain, rather than ridleys, norfair, brinstar, tourain.  anyway...

OFF TO KRAIDS LAIR!

*edit*

killed kraid, (the rest of this post was cut and put in the rage thread, as it is on topic there)

*edit*

you know, i could be retarded about the health thing for the 2player code thing on the nes version.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:03:56 AM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14:21 AM »
I'm currently encrypting my entire hard drive because I read the pipelining TrueCrypt uses improves drive performance.

EDIT: I was sitting at my computer, and suddenly I heard a popping noise behind me, then the sound of something landing on the floor a couple of seconds later. I looked back, and it looks like one of my friends got some chocolate milk a few days ago but didn't finish it and forgot about it. The milk went bad, pressure built up, and the cap popped off. It's disgusting but kind of cool at the same time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:37:04 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #1251 on: August 11, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »
well i mean, my code is in tourain, with 30 health, half my missiles, every energy tank gotten (i went to fight mother brain with near full health) and only missing two missile pickups.  uhh, varia, high jump, ice beam, spin attack, basically everything but wave beam and two missile pickups.

what i should have did was save the energy tank in brinstar, that would make life easier. 

and fuck, i may just do that later.

also with full health, kraid is easy.  morph ball, and bomb his ass, you should lose about 3 or so energy tanks, but he will die.

*edit*

ok this is POSSIBLE, but for fuck sake, screw attack is shit.  sure its awesome for the entire game, except the final room.

how am i supposed to freeze these fire ball things when i have a small platform to stand on, lava, a higher platform with 3 turrets shooting at me, and jumping basically kills the orbs making them respawn?

like seriously, my file isn't as bad as i had assumed.  kill all the metroids on the way to the final room, and i have usually at least 4 full energy tanks, because when they drop health, its always 30 health.  roughly 150 missiles is PLENTY for what i need, since i already blew up the laser door things, i just need to run to mother brain, and shoot her.  problem is killing her, its those orb things that i can't freeze because i accidentally kill them with screw attack. 

*edit*

http://www.spectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=7.msg19310#msg19310
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:15:24 PM by vladgd »

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1252 on: August 12, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »
Being trendy at Starbucks is actually kinda fun. With the right company >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 12, 2008, 12:23:49 AM »
So I just did the sneaking/sniping mission in CoD4. Shit was AWESOME. The mission started all stealthy and slow, and then HUNDREDS OF ENEMIES INCHES AWAY FROM YOU, A GOD DAMN HELICOPTER ATTACKING YOU AND YOU SHOOT IT DOWN, BUT WAIT THAT MOTHERFUCKER CRASHES RIGHT ON YOU HOLY DICKS. OH MY GOD THIS FUCKING SNIPER IS HUGE AND I JUST BLEW THAT NIGGERS ARM CLEAR THE FUCK OFF. I thought most of the game was alright, but this part blew me away.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 12, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »
The stage after that is retarded. So was The Bog. And the Broadcast Room. And every other place where guys spawn infinitely until you reach a certain location.

Braid is a super amazing game with an incredible story. One of the best narratives in gaming.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1255 on: August 12, 2008, 03:18:54 AM »
Taking a break from hardcore cleaning my room. Exhausting work. I've let junk pile up for the past year or so... sorting stuff, throwing weird stuff away. Tired now.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 12, 2008, 03:29:50 AM »
The stage after that is retarded. So was The Bog. And the Broadcast Room. And every other place where guys spawn infinitely until you reach a certain location.

Yeah, I was kind of in shock when I noticed them in game. Really I thought we passed that in gaming as a whole. Also I liked how this game had a forced stealth and a forced hostage mission and it was still AWESOME.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1257 on: August 12, 2008, 04:09:33 AM »
I'm baaaaaack!

my gba sp's battery, is dead.  it will no longer hold a charge, i need a new one.  thats ok, i mean, i had the thing since the sp's came out, these things die with time.

my nintendo ds, i got late march 2007.  from the looks of it, its not holding charges too long.  i mean, the battery went red on me, i haven't played it in a while, but i don't recall playing it for longer than maby an hour, but since i haven't played it in a while i may have had it on longer than i would have assumed.  BUT, having just charged the fucking thing to full, and plugging the thing back in "taking plug out, and re plugging it in) and the "charge" light stays on for like 10 minutes, this seems to me like its losing good chunks of battery right after the charge completes.  if i find out that when i use the thing tomorrow, and it goes red after 20-30 minutes or something, UNACCEPTABLE.  i don't use my ds a lot, it hasn't got too much use, and ive only had it for a year.  if i find out tomorrow that the battery is basically dead, im going to pissed off. 

i really would like not to spend $15.00 on a new battery for a thing that i just fucking got.

CURRENT GENERATION HARDWARE SUCKS

You're probably not taking proper care of the batteries.  I'm not saying that to be a dick...it's just not obvious how you're supposed to take care of them.

First off, a lot of people will tell you that discharging them completely and recharging them is a good thing.  Far from it, doing this regularly is about the worst thing you can do to a li-ion battery.  I learned this by destroying my expensive laptop battery after only a year and a half of ownership (in contrast, my mom's laptop is almost two years old and it'll still keep my system powered for four hours despite it only being the cheaper 6-cell battery, since she leaves it plugged in almost all the time).  Don't let the battery get too low and it'll last a lot longer.

Never, under any circumstance, leave anything with a lithium-ion battery just sit there.  If you have something that you know isn't going to be plugged into a charger for a while, take the battery out to slow the battery drain (it'll likely lose charge by itself anyway but if it's in a device it'll drain a lot faster, even if it's off) and try to plug it in to keep the charge ASAP.  My camcorder battery only holds a charge for 15 minutes (more if I only record to a Memory Stick, thankfully) because I didn't do this.

Indeed.

It sucks because CoD4 in single-player is so much fun when you first start playing...before they start pulling that crap.

That's why I only play it online nowadays (speaking of which, anyone else own the PC version?).
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1258 on: August 12, 2008, 04:16:40 AM »
actually, when it went red the other day, that was the first time it went red on me.  i tend to top off the charge on any electronic device i own.  like even if i play it for 5 minutes, when im done, ill charge that motherfucker back up.

i don't however take out the battery.  and by not playing the darn thing for several months, that's probably the reason it went red.  seems to be doing ok right now, i was just flipping out at the time. 

and to be honest, i thought that keeping my battery topped off was hurting it, so i guess im glad you clarified that.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1259 on: August 12, 2008, 04:36:59 AM »
Leaving devices plugged in until you're ready to use it seems like a pretty sound idea as well (my mom's laptop is proof of that).

For more information on how to care for li-ion batteries, check the Wikipedia article for them -- it's amazingly informative.
"This is a machine for making cows."