Author Topic: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance  (Read 469869 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Lame Replies Thread, With A Vengeance
« Reply #1365 on: August 19, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »
My favorite thing to do with the vehicles in Crysis is take control of the mounted machineguns and cut down trees. 8)

Hah, I did that my first time and the tree fell onto the hood of my car and it blew up. I was very confused, considering I was driving an armored hummer and the tree was a thin baby palm tree.

Also S4 league looks pretty cool.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ru6D0AD6XwU

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 19, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »
You guys are awesome I learn so much...even if half of it makes no sence to me.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1367 on: August 20, 2008, 12:15:16 AM »
Hah, I did that my first time and the tree fell onto the hood of my car and it blew up. I was very confused, considering I was driving an armored hummer and the tree was a thin baby palm tree.
You should make an EPIC FAIL picture with that :D

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »
I don't know how the hell this is possible but my computer speakers ar picking up a radio station and it is playing music :x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 20, 2008, 01:08:56 AM »
I don't know how the hell this is possible but my computer speakers ar picking up a radio station and it is playing music :x

Fucked up oscillator wiring? you have any idea which radio station it is?

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 20, 2008, 01:48:43 AM »
Could have been (in my area) 101.1 or 103.9.  Now it has stoped.  Very odd.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1371 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
I had my old stereo (an old Aiwa shelf unit from ~1995...I still use it today for my StepMania setup :P) pick up what sounded like a radio (as in a general communications band) band a few times.  I should probably mention that the stereo was off when it happened...quite weird.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 21, 2008, 02:16:55 AM »
Well, me and my friends got into an hour long fucking debate over the nature of random and how it works in a game of Mario and the secrete levels. Here is how it all started, there was this part with 5 or 4 elevators (platforms evenly paced vertically that keep dropping at the same speed) and one friend said if you went when the second one dropped, you would always have the right timing to make it across. I said it all depends on when the elevators came onto the screen, because they would not be moving while off the screen and were only at a set point. So I said it was completely random, because you would move whenever it came on screen, witch would always be different because of human nature (that it's impossible for you to move the exact same speed twice threw a level twice). He said it always followed a pattern, because it would be impossible for you to beat the level unless it did. So I said that it would have to be the EXACT same way every time for it to follow a pattern and not be random. He said there could be slight changes in the pattern, as long as it was close enough it was still a pattern (which made me face-palm, because I don't think that's how patterns work). So we basically argued for an hour about the nature of random, and he said it couldn't repeat the same thing twice and still be random, so I said something about no computer ever being able to do true random (even tho true random could repeat the same thing twice and still be random).

So that's the short story, AM I CRAZY OR ARE ALL MY FRIENDS GAY NIGGERS?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1373 on: August 21, 2008, 02:44:14 AM »
Except in a few cases, all computers use pseudorandom number generators:
Quote from: wikipedia
A pseudorandom number generator (PRNG) is an algorithm for generating a sequence of numbers that approximates the properties of random numbers. The sequence is not truly random in that it is completely determined by a relatively small set of initial values, called the PRNG's state. Although sequences that are closer to truly random can be generated using hardware random number generators, pseudo-random numbers are important in practice for simulations (e.g., of physical systems with the Monte Carlo method), and are central in the practice of cryptography.

Now, I am not certain, but I am pretty sure that those platforms would in fact be offscreen and not moving (it's one less thing to have to compute, and saving CPU cycles was always good on a NES/SNES) until they came on screen. Now, just because we are human and can't repeat everything exactly, that doesn't mean we can't get damned close. Plus, only the time after the platforms have come on screen matters anyway, for this situation. Scaling that time zone that matters down to the 2 seconds or so that it takes from the time you begin to see the platforms to the time you jump off (assuming you simply run through the screen, may take longer for those who don't know the level well) makes it rather simple to be very close to exactly replicating your moves. Plus, you don't need to jump at the exact same time every time, you simply need to be close enough to land properly.

In short, you're almost definitely right.

And patterns are defined as being a series of things who's order is predictable.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 21, 2008, 03:29:55 AM »
Plus, only the time after the platforms have come on screen matters anyway, for this situation. Scaling that time zone that matters down to the 2 seconds or so that it takes from the time you begin to see the platforms to the time you jump off (assuming you simply run through the screen, may take longer for those who don't know the level well) makes it rather simple to be very close to exactly replicating your moves. Plus, you don't need to jump at the exact same time every time, you simply need to be close enough to land properly.

That's the problem. They somehow thought waiting for the second platform to drop would set the rhythm for every platform in the set, and all of them were off the screen except for one. Also they wouldn't run threw it in one fluid motion, at some point they always ran back to get speed for the next jump or else they wouldn't make it. That, and even when they did that at a similar pace it would have some drastically different pattern. Even when I pointed that out they disregarded that, so I suppose someone had a bit to much to drink. That, and after I proved my point they shifted their whole argument to "IT'S NOT FUCKING RANDOM, YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BEAT IT IF IT WAS RANDOM". So, if it isn't 100% random it has to be following some obvious pattern, at least that's what they think.

Funny, the more I think about this the more they seem wrong.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:40:12 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1375 on: August 21, 2008, 05:47:59 AM »
fuckkkkkkkk who caressssssssss. :/

You're talking about the timing of a moving platform in an old video game, for crying out loud. I mean, really. :\

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1376 on: August 21, 2008, 01:43:12 PM »
You obviously are not as huge a Mario fan as us...

Bah, too bad I don't have a copy of the disassembly people have made. People have actually disassembled and made a source code for the NES Mario, so I could have actually checked the code for that.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 21, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
fuckkkkkkkk who caressssssssss. :/

Apparently they do, the way they kept going on about it was rather nuts.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1378 on: August 21, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »
I'm craving ice cream right now. What the hell. I shouldn't be, I'm watching my figure :x

Also, I'm really, really dreading my Calculus class this year. I'm very afraid of it raping me in the rectum. I took trig and pre-calc last year... did great in trig but not-nearly-as-great in precalc... made 70s-80s on tests, as opposed to 100s in trig. How bad's Calculus?

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 22, 2008, 12:56:58 AM »
Not to to bad...I suck at Trig but Calc iI am good at.

You will learn limit, derivitives and intergrals. (You will use trig eventually)

If you need some help give me a holla and I will dig up my Calc book and help you out.