Author Topic: Blackout Band  (Read 18341 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Blackout Band
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:58:32 PM »
http://www.blackoutband.com/

HAH, watch this video, oh my gawd. I've never seen anything this bad in my life.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Blackout Band
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »
And that's why nobody listens to bands made out of 11 year olds. They sound like shit. They can't sing. They probably know less music theory than I do.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Blackout Band
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »
The idea for Video Games came about when their music coach found the boys playing video games every time he turned his head. Probably in desperation, he told Hunter he ought to write a song about video games. By the next week, and with suggestions from his bandmates, Hunter came to practice with the chorus and first verse.

You've got to be kidding me...

Edit: Also, split and put into a new old section!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:35:34 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
Re: Blackout Band
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »
(posted in the lame replies thread right after Spectere split it :O reposting here)

haha, this band is great

the instrumental aspect isn't technical, or good for that matter, and the vocals are hilarious.  The lyrics too.  I can't stop laughing.  :(

On a sort of related topic, I found out I can sing a bit, not operatic but a more raw style, similar to what Skyclad use, more so on the first album, and dp good enough death metal growling and Dimmu Borgir-like rasping.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
My brother can scream (hardcore screaming).

This band is absolutely mindblowingly terrible. I can't even listen to them. Honestly, I can't understand how you can even listen to it. And the lyrics are so bad that I can't even get a laugh out of them. Seriously, this is the sort of stuff that the internet needs to be cleansed of, :/

Also, thanks for putting this section back. It's a great place to make fun of morons.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
I can't do hardcore screaming at all.  Basically all I get it is air.  :/   I can sort of do metal screaming, just that sometimes when I try to do it, it comes out more of a mix of a yell and a scream.  And of course I always use proper technique so I don't hurt my vocals!  I gotta record me screaming sometime...  Also, pig squeals are fun to do.

I don't know how I can listen to it either, really.  I also don't know how the hell they got a record deal or a high quality music video up.  Unless of course the record manager is related to them and/or their family is wealthy, which is seems likely so.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 09:37:21 PM by Pancake »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »
Fuck, everything about this is bad. Every instrument is going on a repetitive beat while the singer makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Ridge

• EVERYBODY TO THE MARIACHI TRUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »
they probably dont know what sex is and dont have a social life if all they care about is video games
I shoot your hand with a gun that has bullets.

By gun I mean penis and by bullets I mean semen.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »
They should be slain for doing that to Louie Louie. See what these new fangled new bands are doing to the new generation? jesus christ.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 03:48:57 AM »
I mean fuck, my brother's friend's band The Vampire Killars is more talented than those morons, and both of them can sing better than those kids, too. lol.

EDIT: Sent them a hate mail:

Ok, I've got 2 things to say here.

The first is: Props for getting together and making a band. Some people can't even get a band together when they're 20+, let alone 11.

Second: Please don't make any more music. Have you ever wondered why none of the bands you hear on TV and the radio are 11 year olds? Because most 11 year olds can't sing worth anything, and can't play instruments well enough to make money at it, either. You guys suffer from the same problem. So as much as I respect the fact that you actually managed to form a band, I'm begging you to quit now, while you're enjoying whatever amount of fame you have from this.

The only reason anyone knows about you is because of the novelty of a band made up of 11 year olds. You have no talent, and my ears wanted to bleed when I heard your singing, so please, save yourselves the pain of dropping into obscurity, and save us form the pain of your terrible music and QUIT.

(I'm serious about the fact that I'm giving them props for forming a band. It IS hard to form a serious band, at any age group, let alone 11. However, I'm also serious about the fact that their sining SUCKS, and they're basically only famous [however famous they ARE] because they're a bunch of 11 year olds. It's like a freak show in the circus.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:25:31 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
they probably dont know what sex is and dont have a social life if all they care about is video games

They probably also don't know about the implications of the term "black out".

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 02:03:26 AM »
They probably also don't know about the implications of the term "black out".

Hah, yeah that kind of caught me off guard too. Also hopefully they listen to bobbies, unless they enjoy failure.

BlackOutBand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »
We appreciate your interest in our band and for bringing up some good questions.

Black Out is popular among kids the 8 to 14 yearsold age group where they live in the northern VIrginia area.  They have played local schools as many as four times at the same school and offers come in for them to perform hundreds of miles away.   But because of their academic and sports obligations they cannot play many of the local events and hardly any of the out of town events.

This is the reason they decided to do the music video so their "act" could be shared with others.

The band does not claim to have good vocals. Voice teachers will not even take them until their voice changes. Video Games is really a tongue in check song that kids their age really get off on.

It surprised us when the song and video was posted to popular gamers blog sites in the US and Europe which brought about an avalanche of negative comments from gamers everywhere. It probably even reached some serious musicians. Before someone posted to the Blogs, we had less than a 75 daily visitors to our web site. More than 100,000 visitors came in following the blog postings.

The boys have written more songs about issues affecting their age group and are scheduled to be released soon. If the new songs are received like Video Games, 8 to 14 year olds are going to think they are a riot and anyone else is going to be appalled. 

Last year alone, we received requests for the video from more than 250 DJ's who play Pre-Teen and Teen parties. Many were requested to be sent overnight. A DJ in ALaska said "where were you guys when I needed you". Three DJ's tried to hire the band for bar mitzvah's after seeing the video. None of these DJ's are in our local area.

So, for now, we are in hiding from Gamers. Although the boys could give them a run for their money on the controls, they will try to keep playing to the 8 to 14 year old set who likes them whatever their vocals sound like or how their instruments are tuned. And the label who signed them is their Dad's label he created so they would have a label name.

I hope I've have been able to explain a little about where this band is positioned and why that niche market likes the Band and how they are very sad their door was opened by the gamers. They do want to improve their musical skills and are the first to admit they need it. But as long as the kids their age keep wanting to hear them they feel they should play.

We hope this helps understand what we are doing and that we are not trying to compete with established musicians.

BLack Out Band Manager
band@blackoutband.com

Manager
Black Out Band

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
Now this was unexpected.

I am surprised and impressed at your response (if you do actually read any of our responses).

I do feel a little bad for making fun of the band, but I couldn't help myself. Nowdays, there are too many "bands" and "musical artists" who are attempting to make it in a business with some of the most horrific music on earth, and expect people to actually like them. They aim at niche groups, and are upset when everyone else hates them, and such. And tend to respond negatively to the criticism of the public.

Part of what gave me the impression that this was a serious attempt to compete in the music market is the presentation of the site, and the video.

I will say though that this could be valuable experience for these kids if they are serious about forming a serious band later. Getting used to some aspects of being in a band, and writing music, and receiving criticism (both good and bad) will make them more ready for what may come when trying to get a serious band up and noticed.

For their sake, I hope that they understand that something like this won't liekly last long, but I also hope that they will take what they've learned here and use it later in life.

I will however point out that although I didn't mention it, their instrumental skills also need to be improved. I'm not trying to point this out as negative criticism, but in hopes that if they aren't already taking lessons, they will, and hopefully will improve their skills in the future.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »
Yikes.  So, ah, welcome to spectere.net.

The points that you bring up do make a lot of sense.  When I was a young'un (as opposed to being a young "adult") I remember that I used to think that it was cool when my like-aged peers would do something like that.  Like Bobbias said, it's very impressive that they managed to form a band and keep it together.  That said, there is a lot of room for improvement, especially if they want to target an older audience.

It's good that they're looking to improve, though, and it's great that they've had a good amount of success.
"This is a machine for making cows."