Author Topic: I Disapprove; Based On A True Story  (Read 32519 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
I Disapprove; Based On A True Story
« on: April 14, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
Hey, you brought back ddrfreak!

bring needs back moar rice burner, link's retarded adventure, and flypie's corner

NAU DAMIT >:{O

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: I Disapprove; Based On A True Story
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
bring needs back moar rice burner

Nobody ever posted there.

link's retarded adventure

You don't update that anymoar.

and flypie's corner

She isn't even registered here.

YOU PHAIL. <3
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:19 AM »
gaygaygayaggaygagygaygyagyaygygyagyagygyagyagyyagyaggyygaygyg

1) we at least need a rice burning thread >:D

2) yeah, it got replaced with better comix <3 (i'm still running the comic, I'm what, four behind?  my computers have been having midlife crisises and i've been worn out from the repetitive drive moving fun fun fun, fucking jumpers, stupid shit)

3) y not :(

i dioes not haev phail :(

edit: i incredibly have two 100% fuctional computers, right now.  well, except one has shitty onboard audio that only does FUCKING MIDI so i'm going to have to find a pci sound card somewhere around here

the other has shitty onboard agp video and it's a hewlett packard so i can't do fuck shit about that :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:03:02 AM by Kuroshikun »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
gaygaygayaggaygagygaygyagyaygygyagyagygyagyagyyagyaggyygaygyg

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

Oh wait...

fuck

1) we at least need a rice burning thread >:D

Make one in |)|)R FR34|< >:D

2) yeah, it got replaced with better comix <3 (i'm still running the comic, I'm what, four behind?  my computers have been having midlife crisises and i've been worn out from the repetitive drive moving fun fun fun, fucking jumpers, stupid shit)

I love computers.

3) y not :(

I DUNNO =(

IIRC, she lives near Baltimore.  TIME TO DELIVER A BEATIN' >:o

i dioes not haev phail :(

that's not what ur mum said OHHHH BURN

edit: i incredibly have two 100% fuctional computers, right now.  well, except one has shitty onboard audio that only does FUCKING MIDI so i'm going to have to find a pci sound card somewhere around here

Wow.  Damn.

At least try to beg your friends and family for something like this because holy hell.

the other has shitty onboard agp video and it's a hewlett packard so i can't do fuck shit about that :D

Like hell you can't.

PCI GEFORCE 6200, 256MB GDDR2

I win again. :3

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:20:44 AM »
nah i tried shticking two different pci video cards in (an ati rage, and later an ati radeon 7000) and neither worked.  my computer maked ugly beeps and didn't display anything :<

edit: lol hai i had a SB16 but it was ISA so i couldn't put it in :(

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »
You should look online and see what those beeps meant. those beeps are part of the POST telling you what's wrong, maybe they'll be more specific than "video kard phails"
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 08:27:34 AM »
You should look online and see what those beeps meant. those beeps are part of the POST telling you what's wrong, maybe they'll be more specific than "video kard phails"

Uh, yeah, I did, and it pretty much literally meant "video kard phails."  POST beeps never seem to tell you exactly what's going on, or whoever is documenting them online fucking sucks at documenting them.  For reference, these cards always gave me LONG-SHORT-SHORT.  If you know what this means beyond "video kard phails," please tell me xD

But honestly, I think it was the Hewlett Packard being too dumb to decide between onwhored and PCI video. :(

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
POST beeps never seem to tell you exactly what's going on, or whoever is documenting them online fucking sucks at documenting them.

Oh, that's okay.  I ran into a beep code when I was putting my rig together and Asus didn't have beep codes documented anywhere.  I had to Google it and get a list of Award BIOS beep codes on a completely different, third-party site, which I in turned used to discover that I needed to reseat my video card (i.e. it was a "no video card or bad video RAM" code)

For reference, these cards always gave me LONG-SHORT-SHORT.  If you know what this means beyond "video kard phails," please tell me xD

It depends on your BIOS, so it's kind of hard to tell what code is what.

If it uses an Award BIOS (a lot of systems, custom and factory built, do), a long and two shorts literally translates to a bad or improperly seated video card.

Try looking in the BIOS for a setting that lets you switch whether the PCI bus or AGP bus is checked for a video card first.  Failing that, look on the motherboard for a jumper on the board that turns the AGP card off.  You could also try plugging your system model into a Google search and seeing if anyone else had any luck with doing that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 01:07:14 PM »
Yeah, I had to do some googling before I found out what my error code meant. I also found out that my particular mobo uses a different bios than most other similar models, which means that it took longer to find the right code (the other code was like, video card fails, but my particular problem was ram).

In my case, I turned the ram timings down too far, and I ended up needing to reset the bois, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 02:44:39 PM »
Yeah.  Phoenix Bios (dunno if it's some offshoot of award or what but it seems to use the same beep codes) had an option to disable onboard or limit the memory onboard uses, but when I looked at the options, there wasn't a disable option present.  I dunno if I'm just having really bad luck with the cards I'm getting or if Hewlett Packards fucking suck so much that you can't even switch off onboard video.  Also, the Radeon 7000 is supposed to support two simultaneous video cards running (ie onboard and the radeon), so I figure it's probably just fucked.  Anyway, kudos to Hewlett Packard for having sucked in the past (and probably still sucking!  I haven't been stupid enough to buy any new hewlett packard computers for a while.  In fact, I'd probably just make like Spectere and buy all of the components separately and then construct a computerstein, all once I get enough money!).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
Heh, my computer is a "computerstein" I guess. Hell, the case is a holdover from an old computer, I've got 2 IDE harddrives and an SATA, I don't have a working floppy drive, the power supply is newer than the rest, due to the older one failing, and I've got a salvaged network card installed despite having onboard ethernet. And sometime soon, I'll have a salvaged sound card installed, too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:42:49 AM »
fuck flypie

she was some underaged faggot that everyone thought was hot

therefore we loved her

she wasnt dat funni either

it was like

"hey guys calvin and hobbes reference omg"

"OMG LETS SUCK YOUR CAWK HOLY SHIT"

vladgd

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
she made the wired noteskin, hence making her awesome.

flypie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »
fuck flypie

she was some underaged faggot that everyone thought was hot

therefore we loved her

she wasnt dat funni either

it was like

"hey guys calvin and hobbes reference omg"

"OMG LETS SUCK YOUR CAWK HOLY SHIT"

Dear flaffl,

I don't even know who you are. But, I'm not UUA and never was. And calvin and hobbes only resided in my avatar. I barely ever made references to them. They're still amazing though. ya fag

Hello to Spec, Kuro, and Bobbias. "The Flying Pie" was the best forum ever. Some real cool contests happened there. Ah the good ol days.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
no wai r u srs

:-o

:-0

<:-0

<=-0