Author Topic: Dumb Drivers  (Read 43327 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Drivers
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 11:53:59 PM »
Thats sucks....I hate dumb hos like that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 12:26:16 AM »
I like the whole "if you get rear ended, it's never your part" stuff. basically says "if you rear end someone, you were a) following too close, b) not paying attention, c) under the influence of something or d) retarded and shouldn't be on the road."
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 01:19:15 AM »
The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to that law is that if someone pulls out fast enough they can feasibly be on the road, fully in your lane and in your way before you can react.

The only way you could get out of something like that, I think, is if you have a witness.  Thankfully, it's rare that this would happen, but I've been in some areas that have had the right conditions for this sort of thing (read: high speeds, businesses/side streets where a person might make a right hand turn from a stop, etc).
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 01:35:06 AM »
I like the whole "if you get rear ended, it's never your part" stuff. basically says "if you rear end someone, you were a) following too close, b) not paying attention, c) under the influence of something or d) retarded and shouldn't be on the road."

This is usually why I try and pull into the other lane. I've come damn close to taking someone off the road because someone pulled out in front of me.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 01:39:07 AM »
Well, apparently people around here are scamming the insurance by trying to pass someone, and then slam on their brakes right after they pass the driver, to get rear ended.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 04:00:07 AM »
I hate it when people are making a left turn across a multi-lane road and they take their sweet time going across instead of getting out of the way of perpendicular traffic as soon as possible.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 04:44:00 AM »
I hate having to wait at an intersection till the light is yellow just to be able to make my damn left turn :/ Happens all the time downtown.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 05:18:06 AM »
Oh, that's okay.  The roads could always be designed as horribly as they are here.

In Youngstown, OH, a road called Market Street intersects with state route 224 (which is my favorite road ever, let me tell ya... *sigh*).  When you are driving eastward, it has a turning light.  When the turning light is unlit, you can turn on green with caution like you can in most intersections.

HOWEVER, for whatever reason, when you're westbound, that intersection has a dedicated left turn signal, making it illegal to make a left on green with caution.  It's complete fucking bullshit -- even in the wee hours of the morning the signal needs to be triggered.  The sensor is really easy to overshoot, meaning that if you don't realize you're not over it you may literally wind up never getting a green arrow.  To make matters worse, that road is regularly patrolled by local police, making pulling an illegal move after midnight an exceedingly risky maneuver.

That's one of the things that I do miss about Maryland -- logical traffic patterns.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »
Terrible. Well, in a city close by, there's in intersection with 5 roads all intersecting...

Also, when I was in Quebec recently (drove up to a friend's college in the Ottawa Valley, right near the Quebec-Ontario boarder) I saw how terrible some of the in town roads are in Quebec *shudder*.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Terrible. Well, in a city close by, there's in intersection with 5 roads all intersecting...

Yeah, there's one of those around here, too.  They actually call it "Five Points."  To make matters even better, the streets are kind of staggered and have stop signs rather than lights.  Strangely enough, traffic moves in a surprisingly orderly fashion there.

Also, when I was in Quebec recently (drove up to a friend's college in the Ottawa Valley, right near the Quebec-Ontario boarder) I saw how terrible some of the in town roads are in Quebec *shudder*.

Pennsylvania has a lot of awful roads.  Steep hills, tough to maintain streets...ugh.

Youngstown has some awful roads simply because they never bother to maintain them.  In the winter time you can always tell you're in Youngstown (or Boardman, for that matter -- Boardman rarely plows or salts the roads) when you can't tell the difference between the road and somebody's yard.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »
Well, these roads were small, had no curbs or anything, and just felt like someone just dropped a line of asphalt on someone's lawn to make this thing.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »
Gwahaha, nice. XD

There are a few of those around here (with no curbs, yadda yadda) but that's generally the exception rather than the rule.  Damn French-Canadians. ;p

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »
Yeah, they went to french school :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »
Oh, that's okay.  The roads could always be designed as horribly as they are here.

In Youngstown, OH, a road called Market Street intersects with state route 224 (which is my favorite road ever, let me tell ya... *sigh*).  When you are driving eastward, it has a turning light.  When the turning light is unlit, you can turn on green with caution like you can in most intersections.

HOWEVER, for whatever reason, when you're westbound, that intersection has a dedicated left turn signal, making it illegal to make a left on green with caution.  It's complete fucking bullshit -- even in the wee hours of the morning the signal needs to be triggered.  The sensor is really easy to overshoot, meaning that if you don't realize you're not over it you may literally wind up never getting a green arrow.  To make matters worse, that road is regularly patrolled by local police, making pulling an illegal move after midnight an exceedingly risky maneuver.

That's one of the things that I do miss about Maryland -- logical traffic patterns.

OHDOT fails more then PENDOT Spectere.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 02:57:15 AM »
So I has a story for a change:

On my way to work I was heading west on Matthews Rd.  when I get to the light to stop because it was red but the left turn signal to get on South Ave. was accute.  Well I get the green to go and some ass hole in a Blazer cuts in front of me making a right.  Then the had to nerve to go slow just to make another right to go to a laundry mat.

Mind you when I see green I go and I mean go.