Author Topic: Dumb Drivers  (Read 45064 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Dumb Drivers
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »
So, I nearly got rear ended today.

Here's what happened:

I am carpooling with a friend on fridays, and today I left my parents car there and he drove. We got back, and I got into my car. I needed to check for oncoming traffic, because my friend's house is at the bottom of a hill that goes into a corner. I checked as much of the corner as I could see, saw no cars, and proceeded to back up onto the road, and begin to switch from going in reverse to driving, when some fucking jackass comes flying around the corner down the hill going way too fast (it's a 60 zone, and people regularly do 80+ at that corner) and nearly hit me. He proceeds to lay down on the horn and apparently almost try to pass me. Of course, I stepped on the gas and got moving ASAP, but if it weren't for me being in that car, I'd have wished he had actually hit the car. It's jackasses like that that deserve to get into accidents and have whiplash for the rest of their lives.

He was in the wrong, and yet somehow he thinks he has a right to speed and nearly hit someone... And on top of being definitely in the wrong, he thinks he has the right to honk his horn angrily at me. That is just fucking retarded.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2008, 05:39:58 PM »
Funny, I wound up dealing with a similar kind of moron just yesterday.  Granted, at face value it would seem like it was partially my fault, but when you look at the fact that this jackass was driving the way he was in the first place it kind of negates the very notion of that, I think.

I was driving on a local highway (OH-625 -- Midlothian Blvd) to get to Armegeddon's house for a Civilization 4 LAN party.  For whatever reason, despite the road being very busy at times, the glorious city of Youngstown, OH, neglected to ever add a turning lane.  Basically, if you want to get anywhere you have to stay on the right side of the road so that you don't get held back by people turning left.

There is a stupid six-way intersection near his house where Southern Blvd (which basically consists of two roads running parallel, a train track running between them) crosses Midlothian.  A short distance down the road, roughly a quarter mile down the road, is where I have to make a left-hand turn.  Basically, this involves going down the left land on Midlothian, passing the cars that are waiting an eternity to turn left, then quickly getting into the left lane and ducking into one of the rare turning lanes on that street to make my turn.

As I was preparing to make my turn there was a car that stayed aligned with mine.  The road is a 35mph road and traffic generally goes about 40mph.  Not bad.  Despite the fact that I was signaling to change lanes this idiot wouldn't stop his shit, even with me both slowing down and accelerating up to 45mph.  Finally, I put the pedal down, trying to accelerate in front of him.

I shit you not, this shithead did the same fucking thing to keep me from getting in the lane.  I ultimately wound up being forced to cut him off going 55mph -- 20 over the speed limit -- only succeeding because I reacted first and my car was faster.  Naturally, despite it being completely his fault that I cut him off, he started beeping the horn at me.  It's a shame I was getting right off of that road otherwise I would have probably worked to box him in out of spite.  I hate idiots like that.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 02:48:35 AM »
bump

Sometimes, dumb drivers truly get what they deserve.

So I was driving down OH-11 about a month ago, going about 70mph (in a 65) in the right lane.  I see a cop in the median watching for speeders.  I maintain a speed of just over 65.  No worries.

Then, the person in the left lane, who was going the same speed as me, suddenly cut me off and jammed on his brakes.  Needless to say, I was forced to do the same thing.  The moron wasn't going so fast that the cop would pull him over, but he panicked and acted like an idiot.

Surprisingly, the cop wasn't amused by his idea of slowing down.  The cop put on his lights, went right around me, and busted him.  I then proceeded to laugh my ass off.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 04:42:10 AM »
I hate people that freak out when they see a cop. I'm an exceedingly paranoid person but if I see a cop and I'm not carrying anything illegal I'm pretty relaxed.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 05:59:09 AM »
coppwntdumbass

Haha, that's awesome. I've never seen someone pull a jackass move like that right in front of a cop. That is truly some epic stupidity.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
I was walking home from dinner a few days ago when some dipshit trying to make a left turn managed to get into the middle of the street and not turn before he/she got a red light.  Half of the traffic on the other street got blocked up because they were in the way, and the rest of it got blocked up because some other person stopped and got rear-ended.  It was truly a sight to behold.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention the time that I was driving through Girard, OH.

It was a 35mph road and I was going about the speed limit.  This person in front of me was going 20 so I did what any sane person would do to someone going dangerously slow -- change lanes and pass them.

We get to a red light and the passenger of the van rolls down the window and starts lecturing me about how the speed limit of the road is 25, despite a sign 25 feet in front of us, another sign 100 feet behind us, and numerous other ones on that street all saying "SPEED LIMIT 35."

I didn't even acknowledge them.  The second the light turned green I hit the gas hard, cutting them off in mid-sentence.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
lol. Yeah, around here there are a number of roads that are marked as 80 km/h, that people always seem to do 60 on. That is so goddamned annoying, especially when there's only like, 1 sign on the road, and none on the other road it intersects with until there's a sign saying a 60 zone starts, about 2 km down the road. The worst part is, that the road is 2 lanes only, and full of hills and turns, making passing not only impossible, but practically suicidal.

And that was my route to work, before I got fired.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 01:46:01 AM »
Pittsburgh drivers, rush hour traffic and exessive braking...I win.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »

Were you even driving yesterday?
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
No...I was at work.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2009, 12:27:31 AM »

Maryland traffic.

I formerly won.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »
Maryland traffic.

I formerly won.

Beagle in a Radio Flyer.

*win*
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2009, 03:11:20 AM »
Downtown toronto driving. Even without traffic, it is horrible. Confusing intersections, random 1 way streets, etc. :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »
Beagle in a Radio Flyer.

*win*

FUCK!