Author Topic: Sports Thread  (Read 16752 times)

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
Sports Thread
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:42:35 AM »
Cuz spectere don't know what sports are and don't wanna make no forums with double negatives

But yeah. Chelsea vs. Man United in the UEFA Champions League final anyone happy about this?

also in basketball am I the only one that thinks that Boston won't win the championship?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Sports Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 04:13:37 AM »
HAY, I watched the Super Bowl.  That makes me a foozball expert. D:
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 05:27:12 AM »
i watched the last 30 minutes of the superbowl, not too exciting, ill stick with pro starcraft ;o

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
Waterpolo is a sport that men play, I am a man.

Watch this lame ass video, it gives you a pretty good idea of what the sport is.

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 02:11:21 AM »
I think DAINING is a sport.

MY NAME IS NATHANIEL

I LIKE TO DAIN

ahahhahaa. No but srsly. Those b-boy guys out there are pretty epic shit. Youtube it up. Be amazed.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:28:14 AM »
I used to do this shit:

&feature=related

Obviously not THAT good, but you get the idea. Flying behind a boat at 35 mph and hitting speeds of about 60 mph is nothing short of exhilirating. Unfortunately, fast water or you moving fast against water makes it feel like concrete. hahahaha. But anyway, my parents sold the boat so no more for me. I still have my waterski... Anyone want it? I'll sell it for $400. It's a hella good deal. hahahaha

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 01:59:38 PM »
I used to Snow Blade. I love those things. I don't think I'd ever be very good with skis, but with snow blades, I'm pretty good. I used to be into taking jumps for a while, but I very nearly busted my knee and decided not to do that any more, lol. I still have my blades, but they're a bit small for me now, though I can still use them.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 12:13:15 AM »
I went to my first jujitsu session and I loved it. If anyone likes strategy and technique this is the sport for you. I got to spar at least 10 different people for 5 minutes each. I got to even spar 2 black belts. Too tired to post anything coherent.

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
Bump because I know this thread existed and it's better to bump than to go retard.

But who here is fucking stoked for the FIFA 2010 World Cup?

Or for anything else that you wanna see, discuss the draft here. KC got fucking retarded picks. We need a new linebacker if we want a fucking 3-4 formation, and we picked one up from like fucking Troy? who or where the hell?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 03:04:17 PM »
I need to pay more attention to that stuff. I like watching the world cup games, but I don't know much about the actual players and such.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 03:56:15 PM »
But who here is fucking stoked for the FIFA 2010 World Cup?

I am. Who are you cheering for: South Korea? USA? Other?

Or for anything else that you wanna see, discuss the draft here. KC got fucking retarded picks. We need a new linebacker if we want a fucking 3-4 formation, and we picked one up from like fucking Troy? who or where the hell?

I dunno much about the Chiefs (PRIEST HOLMESSS), but I'm still loling that Tebow was drafted before those other 2 guys

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 12:23:45 AM »
;__; priest holmes. Jamaal Charles has a lot of hope though. He really showed up LJ at the Arrowhead and it's makin me happy. Also, Tebow to the Broncos is pretty funny, but why do people keep bashing him as an NFL player? He was phenomenal as a college, I just honestly don't understand the big leap from the two. (Semi-noob at football here)

Yeah, I'm cheering on the ROK. We've got OK chances at getting out of the group, but Nigeria is definitely a challenge that we'll have to overcome. Korea's midfield should be pretty stacked, Lee Chung-Yong, Park Ji-Sung and Ki Sung-Yong are all sensational players, and I'm pretty sure Lee can tear up the wings against Nigeria and Greece at least. But if we've got to deal with injuries, then we're FUCKED. Realistically thinking, I'm thinking it'll be Spain or England to win it. James Milner's been showing up the entire English crowd, and with Rooney coming back from injury, who the fuck knows what kind of goalscoring rampage he could go on. Xavi is the best player in the world in my opinion, as goes well with Iniesta, and with Villa and Torres on the same team, I'd cry as a defender. Pique and Puyol are fantastic at the back; their lineup IS STACKED. But we've seen Hungary crash back in 1954, Netherlands crash MULTIPLE times, and Brazil recently in 2006, so who knows.

I tip my hat to Argentina too, Messi is of course a FANTASTIC player, Diego Milito is raging balls at Inter, but no one's ever heard of Argentina having a good back four. Haven't heard much from Aguero either, but hoping to see him win the crowd.

That was probably way too much for everyone here regarding the WC2010 lol

Kulli

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 05:44:09 AM »
They said it's mainly the fact that his delivery is too slow, but it's just funny that no one considered him a first-round pick, and then...

Japan here. I don't know too much about soccer because I never know when it's on here Q_Q And they usually only play Euro soccer anyway

I am looking forward to (hopefully) grinding Cameroon into paste, however.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:00:48 PM by v33mon »

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
Haha good luck with that one. Japan's lineup is almost unheard of except for Nakamura, who with his quality, probably will get on the scoresheet. But Eto'o alone should strike fear into many players, and with Makoun on Cameroon, his presence alone in the midfield will definitely allow of some good exciting shit between Japan and Cameroon. There's some bald Japanese kid (note kid, I think he's like, in his early 20s) that plays for Catania in Italy, which for anyone's quality, no matter what, makes you pretty damn good.

Also, FORZA INTER. Barcelona played fucking astonishingly well but Inter's defense was literally a wall of 9 white shirts. Astonishing defense. Seydou Keita was called for a  handball right before Bojan Krkic "scored" the second goal, but it was obviously taken back, which is a load of bullshit because Keita never touched the ball. But regardless, Inter played REALLY well at defense. My only complaint is they played like true Italians, whining a lot, acting in pain, and wasting time. Annoying from them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:50:17 PM by flaffl »

flaffl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:57 PM »
Butt from Munich and Neuer from Shalke are pretty good. Especially Neuer for how young he is, I've got my eye on that kid. He could go places. Stefan Kiessling has been really impressive, he's got a good work ethic and I'd wanna see him play with Rooney at Man United. But Germany always has a solid squad, they always seem to get really far into the world cup stages, regardless if their squad is any good or not. They've always produced at least one really good player in each category (being defense, midfield and forwards). I'm thinkin they'll win 3rd this year.

go korea

actually Butt isn't good... i'd say he'd only get a starting place over neuer (if he does) because he's older and Neuer's younger.