Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 16524 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
GTA IV
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:56:08 AM »
ITT: GTA IV.

And yeah, those faggots at rockstar have dyslexia. It's really GTA VI. vice city and san andreas, duhhhhhh.

Anyway, someone post a decent review or something.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

vladgd

Re: GTA IV
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:59:33 AM »
no need for a review

if you like gta, its a must buy.

if you don't like gta, its worth a rent.

if you hate gta, fuck off and play mario kart.

im diggin it, even though the missions are requiring multiple attempts from me.  not that the game is hard or anything, the new combat engine makes the game "easier" but since i am retarded, i fail and have to retry a few times.  its not too bad, the game = fun.

im not sure if i "agree" with the 10/10 scores going out, but the game is so damn polished(the cutscenes/character/voice acting is incredible), i can see where they come from.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
It is definitely not a 10. Graphical/texture pop-up and tearing, no mid-mission checkpoints, framerate problems, police cars that spawn directly into you, retarded drunk physics that do nothing for the game, and a somewhat lame soundtrack keep it from that.

It's really fun though. I'm sitting just over 51% now and the story's sort of going nowhere for some reason. It was really moving along for a while but then they started adding in all these other characters that don't seem to have anything to do with the actual story.

Also, it's really dumb that hot dog stands seem to just phase into existence in random places instead of being something you can track. It makes healing way more annoying than it needs to be. I've lost a ton of money just dying to get myself back to full health rather than wasting time.

Also, Niko is cool but honestly, I don't feel any development from him. He just says some sarcastic one-liner and then goes off and kills stuff. I'm sure the kids these days love that stuff but the previews for the game made it look like he actually really regretted what he was doing and I was really hoping for some sort of psychoanalysis of a murdering mercenary good guy.

I really wish Rockstar would actually make a game where you play a police officer. Start at beat cop, work your way up GTA style taking care of your area, with a nice story about how the gets tempted by bribes, whatever. I think it's just because I watched American Gangster recently. I think it'd be cool to have a dramatic police story though, rather than always being on the side of the drug lords/mob.

It IS the best GTA though. I will say that.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
And yeah, those faggots at rockstar have dyslexia. It's really GTA VI. vice city and san andreas, duhhhhhh.

SA, Vice city, Liberty city stories and that other one are really just expansions and not sequels, mostly because of how little changed between games. GTA 4 is the only sequel since 3.

Also, Niko is cool but honestly, I don't feel any development from him. He just says some sarcastic one-liner and then goes off and kills stuff. I'm sure the kids these days love that stuff but the previews for the game made it look like he actually really regretted what he was doing and I was really hoping for some sort of psychoanalysis of a murdering mercenary good guy.

From what I've heard he should start to feel guilty for killing specific people or for hanging out with "the wrong crowd". Considering your only halfway done I'd be sure to wait and see.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »
I probably won't be getting this for a long while (I've been wanting GTA:SA for three years before I got it), but am anticipating getting it.  Hell, it's GTA, it has to be good.

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
ive heard people complain about fps issues, and i honestly haven't encountered any.

game runs smooth for me mang.

anyway, i don't really have anything to bitch about, its new gta, its fun, the flaws are minor.

so yeah, im off to play that sonbitch now, adios.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »
Fuck the 3 leaf clover mission. Fucking shit.
The only way my friend got thru it is by cheating

QUESTION
I told him I'm not beating it with cheats, but how it came in the box. He says so is he, that cheats are 'part of the game'

discuss, fucking shit.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 02:20:08 AM »
The cheats ARE part of the game, so in that sense, playing it out of the box technically still allows cheats that are built into the game. That term wouldn't however, cover stuff like gameshark, or some other 3rd party program that alters something in the game.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 02:56:10 AM »
I just don't like cheating. I'll beat the game without it, then have fun with cheats, not the other way around..

also

finally

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 03:13:47 AM »
Yeah, I know, I'm just saying. I don't like cheats either, unless I'm just dicking around. Going on rampages is fun, but if I'm doing missions, I'm not gonna cheat.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 01:37:33 PM »
Cheats in GTA4 are VERY bad because they actually disqualify that game file for getting any achievements.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
Damn. Well, in all honesty, that's how it should work anyway.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
That aiming system looks A LOT better then the other GTA games. Also nicely done, does it only give you some guns for that mission or what?

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »
Well, this mission is the 'official' unlocking point of the AR 15 or Carbine whatever, which enables you to purchase the rifle from various underground weapons shops around the islands.  I usually have the same weapons with me. Pistol, shotgun, SMG, carbine, sniper, RPG, grenades etc.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »
It only looked like you had an M4 (?) and grenades. Which is what I was asking, you seemed pretty under armed for that.