Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 16527 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: GTA IV
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »
Yea, I believe it looked that way because in the weapons menu, at the time, grenades were right next to the carbine, so I just switched back and forth. I used it cause the Uzi is only semi effective at those longer ranges [but it can blow up a car nicely].
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »
i think i am quite surprised at how NOT FAR IN THE GAME i am in comparison to you guys.  i think the longest time i have playing the game at one time is about an hour and a half, odd.

anyway, i just got to the third island (second hueg island from the left) and bought myself a $2000 suit.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »
Played this game for a few hours at a friend's house yesterday, had tons of fun with it. I only had played GTA 2 before, and that was fun, but this was awesome compared to that. I got plenty of enjoyment just jumping on cars and getting people to yell at me. Fleeing from the cops is great, too, rofl. Almost makes me wish I was willing to spend 400 or whatever bucks on a 360.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 02:54:21 AM »
Hm. Just finished the main storyline. I was about 64% complete with the game. Guess that leaves a lot of side missions and crap.  interesting.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »
YELLOW CAR

I wonder how close I am to the end then. The only missions I can do currently are for Boccino and Derrek so I assume I'll get a call for the next story mission soon. Sitting at 51% still, but I've been doing a bunch of side stuff recently. I wonder how much of a percentage the pigeons play into it?

vladgd

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »
im at around 25% with 13 or so hours in the game. 

and to note, i haven't seen a single pigeon.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »
I've seen some but have yet to shoot one.

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »
I shot one as a joke, then I found out that you were supposed to kill them.

vladgd

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 06:31:11 AM »
can someone explain to me how the "like" and "respect" stats work, and if they lower if say i decide to ignore someone.  or even if when i get a stat to 100%, will it stay at 100%?

because i was about to start hitting up people to get the respect/like stats to 100%, but if they will just lower anyway, i may either put it on hold till i finish the story, or ignore it completely.

*edit* just passed three leaf clover, and wow.

it took me two attempts, the first try i died because my grenade didn't go over the cover...and i basically accidentally killed myself.

but holy shit, that was one of the most awesome missions ive ever did in a game, like, i just beat it, and im literally trembling.

GAHH IT WAS CHALLENGING, HECTIC, AND AWESOME AOFMAOFMAOWFAMOWMAEOSGJDSOM

*edit*

42% and 20 hours on my file, shootan people with my carbine and dressed like a garbage man, im lovin' it.

ohh, and eggman.  getting all 200 pigeons counts for 2% game completion.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:36:45 AM by vladgd »

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 12:16:26 PM »
like = take your damn homies out, son.
respect = this is what I believe to be pretty much what it says it is, your friends' respect on decisions you make when the time comes to make a decision. To kill someone or not, revenge or money etc etc.  But I could be wrong. 

Get your friends rating like around 90% and you get their special skill on your phone whether it be Little jacob and calling him for backup, or brucie and the 'helicopter pickup' where he'll come get you and take you anywhere in his chopper.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
Apparently there is CP in this game which gives you a 4 star rating. Is this true?

vladgd

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
Apparently there is CP in this game which gives you a 4 star rating. Is this true?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 03:59:36 PM »
I loled, that's fairly awesome.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 11:45:05 PM »
Rockstar has an awesome sense of humor...haha.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 07:57:05 AM »
54% and im doing missions for gerry, phil, and jimmy.

am i even close to the end of this game?  id kind of like to finish off the story to this damn game already so i can dick around in the game and do side missions with the main game out of the way(i know i can do them now, but that means the story mode isn't getting completed).

also, the "tunnel of hell" mission sucked.  escaping a 3 star wanted level in a slow police truck with a hidden time limit SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS, hardest mission i have encountered so far, just because of the escape scene.  took me like 5 attempts and several acts of violence apon myself to complete.

*edit* by the way, i fucking hate car chases, i fucking hate them.  they aren't fun, they are annoying, and i hate chasing after jackasses.  and you know what?  around 60% of every mission has one(OR MORE, AWESOME) of these things, GSODNAGOESHOSNEGHNOSHN
asfSAONEGOsn,hs
gdsghdnsghdjsghs
g

WILL THIS GAME END ALREADY IM SICK OF CAR CHASE AFTER CAR CHASE

this frustrated edit brought to you by missions that go "chase after X, good job X is dead, now lose your 3 star wanted level, btw the cops shot out your tires"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 01:04:14 PM by vladgd »