Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 16528 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: GTA IV
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
Hope you enjoy chase scenes in every type of vehicle in the game because that's how it ends.

I finished it this morning at 75% or so. Well over half the game is chase stuff. I ended up getting annoyed. I missed the $500,000 achievement because the hospital takes away too much money when you die and so I finished with $450,000. And I missed the One Man Army achievement because I'm not a douche like everyone else and didn't cheat it by just running across to a forbidden area and flying away in a helicopter. SO DUMB. It shouldn't work that way.

You're getting closer to the end. When you get Gambetti to show up on the map, you'll know you're getting to the end. Phil, Jimmy, and him are the last few mission sections.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »
PS there are 2 endings with completely different outcomes [at least the effect on niko it may or many not have]

I HATED my ending. My first choice was to 'revenge', but after dying once, I decided to reload and switch to the $ one. My buddy did the other one to see what the outcome was.  Both are shitty, but one is definitely shittier than the other, IMO.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
I went for the money because I was hoping I'd get the achievement for getting $500,000 (why the hell does that achievement give so much when doing 30 most wanted missions only gives 15?).

If the other way is even worse then good god that's one of the worst endings in gaming history. The whole thing was really really rushed too. It was just like WHOOPS BOOM WE'RE DONE NOW GO BACK AND DO SOME MORE STUFF

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 03:27:35 PM »
Well with the initial story "hi I'm here to kill 2 guys/find out why/etc" I didn't expect anything lengthy. My friend brought up a good point, that maybe it seems shorter than the other games because we enjoyed the story more than lets say San andreas, which I couldn't really get into. Just think of all the movies you see, I know they aren't the same as games, but notice movies go faster when you're more 'into' it.

I don't know about mr eggman but I did enjoy the premise of the story, the setting and the way he went about it.

I plan to take a break, then play through the game again, this time making the opposite decisions I did before. Also to go out with my friends more to make them like me, so I can get their special skill whatever it may be, so I can use it before I finish the game again.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 06:31:27 PM »
Yeah, from what I've heard it's either "Bad ending A or bad ending B". Apparently the moral is crime don't pay nigga. Also it probably seamed shorter because of the much smaller map compared to SA.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 07:10:40 PM »
The main game felt really long actually. Too long with all the chase missions. It was just the ending that was really sudden.

I don't know. I guess it just feels like Niko is too disconnected from everything. Maybe it's different if I make different choices but it was pretty much, Guy A: You're gonna do this for me. Niko: *sarcastic remark* Guy B: Fuck you. Niko: *sarcastic remark leading into saying ok* and then I'd go do it.

I also felt that there were too many side characters. People that didn't really do anything for Niko as a character. Playboy and Dwayne are borderline worthless. I really think they could've cut out a bunch of characters and it would've streamlined the game a lot better.

The best part about Dwayne is that during the ending stuff, everyone's calling me and they're all sad about what happens and then Dwayne calls me and says, "Hey, wanna go to the strip club and pick up some bitches?" That had me laughing REALLY hard.

vladgd

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »
the last mission

"hit the ramp at full speed"

on a motercycle, in the sand, in the dark, with the stress of keeping up with said character im chasing

i go for the ramp, fall in the water...FAIL THE MISSION

well i guess im doing this mission ALL FUCKING OVER AGAIN

*edit* tried again, hit the ramp wrong again, jimmy got away

i knew this mission was going to suck ass but fuck, because i can't hit a goddamn ramp, thats literally the only part im having problems with.

the first SUPER LONG chase is easy, the outside gunfights are easy, the inside gunfights are easy, the second set of outdoor gunfights are easy, rocket launcher the car, take the motor cycle, keep up with the target, easy so far,  setting myself up for that ramp at full speed while driving on sand, FUCK THAT.

rockstar, throw me a fucking bone, save the damn game at the motorcycle part.

im almost ready to snap my gta 4 disk in half at this point.

*edit* the third and fourth attempts were at trying to get across the roof and shooting down rather than heading down the ladder to chase the target, but apparently rockstar wants you to play the mission their way (unlike in the previous games where you could be creative to beat a mission) and put a fuckton of enemies on said roof, and i died both times due to that.

anyway, im paused on the fifth attempt a little bit before the reinforcements come in via car.  i will probably scream when i miss the fucking ramp AGAIN, but i will keep editing as it keeps my anger level down.

*edit*  hit the ramp, got on the helicoptor, killed target, ffs the only hard part was knowing where the ramp was beforehand.

anyway frustration aside, the mission was pretty cool, and epic and the like.

first grand theft auto game ive completed, i get frustrated easily so don't mind my venting, the game is great.

*edit*

29 hours 40 minutes

66.25%

$740928

gg

*edit*

as for the ending, i did the revenge ending, and honestly, its not so bad. 
size 1 font spoilerz
i mean sure katie died, but whatever.  roman is married and having a kid, and thats basically all i wanted to happen.

*another edit*

since i beat the game, i activated the "free one month of xbl gold" card that came with the game and played a few games

deathmatch is fun, but oddly enough, i enjoy team deathmatch more.  while in say ut2k4 i prefer the straight up 8-16 player deathmatch, this game is designed a little more towards teamwork to get the most done.

not that the team i was on did any such "teamwork" but the other team had a fucking bus with several people in that shooting me up real good.  i foresee this gametype being made of nothing but awesome if you get a few people together to cooperate.

after that, i tried a few races(standard races...not the "do anything to win" races) and when you are driving fast cars, these are quite fun.  when you are driving motorcycles...its just painful, mainly because they are harder to drive than a suped up sports car, or even a van for that matter.

but anyway, this may be the game i end up possibly renewing the xbl gold account for.  till then, i have a free month, and i will enjoy it to the best of my ability.

*editsssss*

ok i did a few team deathmatch games with a friend of mine, so the games were like 2v2v2v2.  and from that experiance, i can safley say, the multiplayer is surprisingly awesome, and worth getting xbl gold for.

i mean, even in the player lobby where you invite friends too before you join a game, theres weapon spawns and you can even dick around killing eachother before you decide on what gametype to join.

everybody wanted a multiplayer gta(gta 3 on) game, its here, and its damn good.

and im done editing because i created a HUEG WALL OF TEXT TLDR YADDA YADDA

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:08:36 PM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 06:59:56 AM »
guess my tldr scared everybody away from the thread

little jacob should take that fear away from you

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 03:29:19 AM »
HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS EVERYTHING I HOPED IT WOULD BE AND MORE ORGASM ORGASM

I just played it for A LOT OF HOURS tonight (from about 10pm to 3am WOOOOOO).  I don't see why a lot of people bitch about the new car handling; it feels a lot more solid and predictable, I think.  Not slippery like GTA3 and not completely batshit insane like GTA:SA.  The cars still topple a bit more than they probably should, but it's nowhere near as bad as the previous games.  I love hitting a curb in GTA:SA and having my car do a backflip or frontflip (I'm not joking...this actually happened to me several times).

Little Jacob is officially the most awesome character in any GTA game.

Niko is awesome because his personality is actually consistent!  It's not like CJ's "oh I'll kill every muthafukka in da city but FUCK DRUGS DRUGS IS BAD" hypocritical bullshit.  KILL ALL THE PEOPLE YOU WANT, JUST STAY CLEAN WHILE YOU DO IT! *cheesy grin*  Fuck.

The aiming system is nothing short of perfect in GTA4.  I've had tons of trouble with all of the other GTA games and Crackdown, but this one is just...perfect.  It's easy to override and manually aim, and it's easy to use autoaim and shoot individual body parts (it's a loose lock and the reticule can be moved about with the left analog stick), unlike in the previous games where such a task was impossible.  The fact that you can aim while driving made me happy.

We should have an s.net GTA4 GANGSTA GET TOGETHER.  It'll be totally radd!!
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 10:41:06 AM »
my xbl gold expires on june 8 so id be down before that.

team deathmatch, bomb da base 2, or deal breaker should prove to be a lot of fun.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »
I love hitting a curb in GTA:SA and having my car do a backflip or frontflip (I'm not joking...this actually happened to me several times).

They still tend to do that on the bigger curbs. My friend got a car launched 20 feet in th air by doing 50 and hitting a curb. Also yes, the aiming seems a thousand times better, I really wouldn't even play the other GTA game due to the weird ass aiming.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 09:13:38 PM »
Also yes, the aiming seems a thousand times better, I really wouldn't even play the other GTA game due to the weird ass aiming.

I always just played the PC versions so that I could mouselook. :)

GTA4's system is about as good as you can get for this sort of game, methinks.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »
MY DREAM, IS TO FLY, OVER DA RAINBOW, SO HIGH

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34411.html?type=flv

ps: spektur i need to rawket launcher you onlian

vladgd

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
double post for griefing awesome

bomb da base 2 comprises of getting in a car, hijacking an armored truck, driving to a helicoptor, flying to this carrier boat, shooting all of the dudes on the boat while planting two bombs, then jumping off the boat before it explodes.

now how i would play was in party mode with me and a friend, we would join, and unfortunatley, sometimes you have to play with two other players.

how do we remedy this?

make sure you are a passanger on the helicoptor rather than the driver.  switch to grenade, hold down the fire button on said grenade till it explodes....

???

profit

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2008, 06:28:54 PM »
MY DREAM, IS TO FLY, OVER DA RAINBOW, SO HIGH

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/154301/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Car-Cannon.html

Thar you go then.

Hah oh fuck, I just tried this glitch at a friends house, works rather well, just make sure to back into it or you will more then likely fly out the windshield. Also try getting civilians into it when it gets glitchy, if it bumps into them it kills them instantly in a bloody way (same for you).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:56:02 AM by MortifiedocAlot »