Author Topic: I don't want to look like a stalker.  (Read 3564 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
I don't want to look like a stalker.
« on: May 02, 2008, 02:51:42 PM »
Haha, I don't know what to name this thread, so i just gave it whatever.

Anyway, so I was reading some interviews of my newly confirmed all-time favorite band, and it turns out the lead singer is an archaeologist in Los Angeles. It's only a 6 hour drive away. Anyway, so the questions the interviewer weren't all that satisfying to me, and so I really want to be able to interview him myself. I managed to get a hold of his work phone number, and work email address [the stalker part?].

So here's the question, is it wrong/inappropriate to call or email him requesting a phone or in-person interview by a method he uses for work? I mean, obviously he'll tour with the band frequently, so needing to work around work and juggling the two is probably a common occurance. Yet, is calling or emailing him at work going to far? :[

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: I don't want to look like a stalker.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »
Well, it's a little bit out there, but I wouldn't really say it's all that bad. It's kinda rude though. If he's known to be rather reculsive and such, it may not be the greatest idea, but if he's nice about stuff like that, then it may be worth a shot. If you were able to get a hold of his work email, then other people may have as well.

My brother suggests trying to get a hold of him through his booking though. Because that is kinda out there.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
Right, and I thought about this and they'd probably just give me the middle finger with a "fuck you, you're nobody special." I mean, their booker/record company can't just go about giving their artists' contact methods away, so if they do that to me I'll be screwed as far as that goes.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:08:12 PM »
Well, you can at least try. If they say no, well, then you should think about contacting him, but if you did contact him with his work info, I would highly suggest you apologize and shit for you know, intruding on their life and stuff. I mean, I personally wouldn't have a problem with a fan contacting me like that, but some people really don't like that sort of thing, so be really modest about it and shit.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:04:27 PM »
Yeah, what Bobbinz said.  Try not to be too crazy, just send him a quick e-mail and ask him.  He might be receptive to the idea.  If not, well, at least you tried.
"This is a machine for making cows."

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »
Above all else, change your avatar.