Author Topic: Iron Man  (Read 6331 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Iron Man
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:03:05 PM »
I saw it on Friday, and I must say it kicked a lot of ass.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Iron Man
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
I also saw it on Friday.  I also agree with you.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:48:33 AM »
I saw it this morning and as resident comic supernerd (I'd guess anyway), I highly recommend it. Aside from the obvious reimagining with Stark's origin (that being his being captured in Vietnam changed to the more current Afghanistan), it all goes pretty much perfectly.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »
No fooling?  Nice.  I think this'll be the first comic book movie where they don't completed botch the back-story.  I'm not much of a comic book person myself (aside from the old Sonic the Hedgehog comics kekekeke) but I still have to read about/hear all the complaints from the comic book peeps in most cases. -_-
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »
I've never really been into comics either, but I like a lot of the backstories and such on them. I just hate those comics like "wolverine and superman meet, fight some unknown one-off bad guy, make lots of money for the creator's lazy-ass crossover crap". The rest of them are generally pretty good. Except the ones that are just plain crap.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »
What if you absolutely hated every single super hero movie that came out?

EX: Spiderman and The Hulk. I hated those movies with a passion. I never really wondered why people liked them.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
EX: Spiderman and The Hulk. I hated those movies with a passion. I never really wondered why people liked them.

I hated Spiderman, and never even saw The Hulk.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 02:34:37 AM »
The last Hulk movie was terrible. Ang Lee had no business doing that movie. Just pretend it doesn't exist.
Spiderman 1 and 2 were really good though so wtf. The first two movies did a great job of retelling Parker's origin and his subsequent acceptance of responsibility.

It'd help to know what you specifically disliked, although I know blanket hate statements are ALL THE RAGE these days.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 08:16:29 AM »
I just didn't like the movie. Spiderman was one of the lamest superheroes. Not because of his powers, but because of what he looks like and his personality. He's just so damn lame. And the movies didn't make him any less lame.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »
You know, usually the people that say that are actually very close to what Peter Parker is, and just don't like being reminded of it haha

He's an everyman. He's meant to be lame because people connect with that.

If you said he was lame because of his powers, that'd be an even bigger wtf. He's proved quite a few times that he's good enough to take on just about anyone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 06:25:21 PM »
Yeah, but I like my superheroes to be badass, or at least cooler than Peter lameass Parker.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »
Peter Parker seems to be a ball of adolescent emotions even though he's not an adolescent, which is why I don't like him.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
He originally was. He was originally in high school when the series started. Blame it on Sony pictures or whoever it was that decided he was a college student for the movies. But really, I fail to see how him having "adolescent emotions" (ok that's a totally bullshit phrase by the way) makes him annoying. Oh god he's EMOOOOOOOO get real.

He's changed quite a bit at this point...although his current stories are really really lame.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 07:11:24 PM »
As opposed to the human emotion.

I had a couple comic book friends back when I was in jr high many years back, and the reason people tend to like peter parker is because he is someone to sympathize with. He doesn't really want to be a superhero, and has a crapton of personal problems. A good bit of people like rooting for the underdog, unlike superman that is nearly fucking invincible.

So, while a guy that can kick ass 100% of the time like superman is pretty cool, it kinda gets old. Not only that, but having a character like spiderman is a different kind of superhero that people that don't like superman can like. The more characters people like, the more sales. :>

TLDR: Peter Parker is a bitch because people like it and it sells more copies.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:57:50 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
I still prefer characters like say, the Xmen... They may actually want to be superheroes to some extent, but they have a whole host of personal issues and such anyway. That series was great for character development and stuff. Plus, Wolverine was totally badass.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x