Author Topic: hay guys  (Read 4602 times)

Zakamiro Damacy

• Seriously, what's the deal with goat milk?
    • View Profile
    • FREE CP HERE
hay guys
« on: May 07, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »
ORIGINAL CONTENT
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:07:55 AM by Zakamiro Damacy »

vlad, i bet u still think u r so clever dont u

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Nicely done. My only issue is that it's not in synch. But that's hard to do anyway. You need to find the BPM of the song (and make sure you can stay very accurate) and then figure out how many frames of animation you're allowed, and such.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
The animation is well done, I was just being nit-picky, because that's how I am about everything.

And I would highly suggest staying away from WMM at all costs :/ It's not hard to find a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE version of Adobe Premier or one of the many other professional grade video editing programs. WMM's interface is pretty terrible, IMO. I've used Premier/AfterEffects, Flash, and WMM, and I believe most other professional grade ones are similar to Premier anyway, and out of those, I much prefer Premier (AfterEffects is good too, but for different things, simply arranging a time line is not very simple in it). WMM dumbs things down, but IMO it goes too far, and dumbs things down so far as to make some things problematic. The only thing I find it useful for is the ability to automatically break a long video into "scene" clips.

That makes editing AMVs and such so much easier, so what I would tend to do was find the scenes I wanted from the file, export them lossless, and import them into premier, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
WMM's interface is pretty terrible, IMO. I've used Premier/AfterEffects, Flash, and WMM

wut.  I thought Premier was a complete and utter BITCH to use.  I actually went back to using WMM after attempting to use Premiere because it was more intuitive, if limited.

Find a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE version version of Sony Vegas and give that a go.  The UI for it stays well out of your way and actually enables you to get shit done.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Well, I found that WMM was easier for some stuff, but I preferred the interface for Premier for a lot of stuff. It depends on what you're using it for, I think. Premier is much more powerful as far as making complicated timelines and videos that incorporate many effects and such. And if you're doing things like timing effects with an exact moment that something happens in a song, good freaking luck getting it to the closest frame possible in WMM.

For something like looping a small animation over a song, WMM is perfectly fine (if limited in it's output encoding, IIRC), but when it comes to complicated compilations like AMVs and such, Premier has things much more available and easier to access and such.

I've never tried Vegas, but it may be a happy medium, if the stuff I've heard is any indication to go on.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
I never said WMM was good for effects.  It's good for putting together home movies, pictures slideshows, etc, but it's not going to have a chance at rivaling Premiere, etc.  I figured that much was obvious.

My beef with Premiere is that the interface design is nothing short of horrifically unintuitive.  There were several times where I looked at the help screens and was left gobsmacked at some of the things that you had to do to get simple things to work right.  I have yet to consult any form of documentation with Vegas and from what I've seen it's capable of doing much of the same stuff, hence my remark about the UI staying out of the way and letting you work.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
I've never had too many issues with Premier, aside from 6.0 (IIRC) crashing a fuckton, because that version (or whatever I had) was absolutely TERRIBLE.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x