Author Topic: The challenge.  (Read 6270 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
The challenge.
« on: October 22, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
I shall be challenging myself tonight by playing...Amnesia the Dark Descent...Alone...At midnight...Pitch black, with my surround sound headset cranked up insanely loud...I hope I do well. Anyone who wants to experience it or support me may go on Skype with me if they'd like....I'm sure you'll all get a laugh out of a big muscle-bound newfie getting the shit scared out of him by a videogame....Wish me luck!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: The challenge.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
haha, good luck man!
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »
Good game, and it should be damn scary to play. I'll install skype to watch it. Had to force a guy I know on steam to stream and watch it and it was fucking hilarious.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
Is there any way I can live stream a video of it? If so, I wanna set it up now and start playing.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 03:17:34 AM »
you can download procaster and stream it to livestream, unsure how to set it up but it's probably pretty simple.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
Haha, sorry I missed the festivities. ;D  How'd it go?

If you ever wanted to stream something like that in the future, LiveStream with ProCaster is probably your best bet.  I've found it to be a mite finicky, particular with multiple monitors, but if you just have a basic single-monitor setup you should be able to just pop it into gaming mode and use the broadcasting shortcut (it'll tell you the first time you use gaming mode; I don't remember what it was off-hand).

There is also a mixer, so that you can mix audio from your mic with the audio from the game.  Its a pretty flexible piece of software.
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
Well, I played up to where you end up fixing the elevator (Approx. 50% of the game completed) And to be honest....It wasn't TOO bad....I mean yeah...At some points I would jump when a monster appears, and when I'm being chased, the panic sets in...But I'm either usually quiet, or I just swear a lot. I would say the worst part I've experienced so far is when you're in the basement with the water, and that ghost is after you, but all you can see is the splashing of the water from his footsteps, and when you go in the water they get faster...I sort of panic'd quite a bit from that and had to pause the game for a couple minutes to regroup my thoughts, and finally managed to get that blasted door open by luring the fucker away with body parts. I'll probably finish the second half of the game tonight, and I'll probably get that Livestream and ProCaster so others MIGHT get a good laugh from it. But at the same time, I'm not NEARLY as entertaining as those other little bitches that scream and cry like little girls while playing it. Heh...

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Yeah, sorry I missed that too, i would have enjoyed watching that.

Also, if your ever serious about streaming anything again, check out http://www.twitch.tv/broadcast

They are leading video game streaming website, and have some awesome quality stuff going on there. I'd suggest xsplit, because it seems to work the best for gaming.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 03:22:17 AM »
Yeah, I had no idea when you were going to stream it, but if you do again I'm down.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »
I think I might do it tonight....It's actually raining very hard right now and I hope it continues for the rest of the night....I'll start it at about 10:30PM tonight...it's currently 3:00PM, so in 7 and a half hours. I'm gonna go get some sort of software to livestream this shit and let you guys know.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »
Ok, so I downloaded the XSplit broadcaster, created an account on Justin.tv and I THINK I got everything working....I just need to find out what to do next to be able to get you guys to be able to actually watch the livestream. In xsplit, I have 2 things set up....1, to view my desktop/game, and 2, a webcam on me to watch me. Just wondering what I have to do now, lol.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
Triple post because I can.
We are set, and will be going LIVE at 10:30PM tonight. It's currently 6:21PM, so t-minus 4 hours and 9 minutes!
www.justin.tv/Newf777

Hope so see/hear from you guys there. I also might do a skype conference call with some peoples from here. My Skype name is Newf11, Add me if you'd like to talk and make fun of me while I play, haha.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 10:24:50 PM »
Up and running! You guys coming!? GET YER ASSES IN 'ERE!!!