Author Topic: Diablo 2 LOD  (Read 43560 times)

vladgd

Re: Diablo 2 LOD
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2008, 03:26:46 PM »
duriel, more like burial, OLOLOLOLolOLol

a note, i found an immortal king maul, and since i have no use for it (i have like 3 of them, and my ik barb has one with 2x shaels in it) i made an iron golem as seen in the screen.  its like 38% crushing blow so i figure i may as well get some use out of it, when i got to act 3, it randomly died for no reason at all, like my minions like to do, no big, back to the fire golem with me.

on the next episode of diablo II Z, grapedrank and his totally "heterosexual" male partner Leharas, adventure deep into the jungles of act 3 to assemble a flail of some sort to break some red ball!

and another note, if you want to make an iron golem out of something "rare" don't worry about logging off, when you log back on, the golem will be there with your merc.  so, in short, it doesn't die when you log off like the other golems do.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:33:58 PM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2008, 05:44:53 PM »
soon as meph moved in position where my merc could hit him, he went down quickly.  pretty anticlimactic for the hell that the durance of hate level 2 was.  it took forever to find the waypoint and level 3, and if i fucked up, i could die fast.  the stygan dolls come at you fast and hard, and when they die, they fucking hurt.  but being careful + spamming corpse explosion does the trick.

on the next episode of diablo II Z, grapedrank and his totally "heterosexual" male partner Leharas, adventure deep into the bowels of hell to put diablo out of his misery once and for all!

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »
my friggin necromancer and my 5 skeles and 2 mages cant take out andariel. wtf sauce.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
He has some uber gear.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »
my gear is like, almost as good as you can get.  im missing some soj's, and summoning skillers, but other than that, im decked out in nearly the best stuff you can get.

seriously, the last time i took a fishymancer into hell act 4, i got MY ASS REAMED (i didn't die at all, but fuck, there was too many close calls to count) and my friend was in game with me with a level 80 something conc barb(he died over 20 times, but i got so fucking lucky with porting out it was a miracle i didn't die).  when we fought diablo, my skeletons died, and died, and died, but i had gear that i was using at level 20....but we eventually killed him, it just wasn't easy.

took off my merc weapon for the chaos sanctuary...suprised how piss easy it was compared to last time

fought hell diablo....it was like he didn't even have time to bend over and kiss his ass goodbye.

on the next episode of diablo II Z, grapedrank and his totally "heterosexual" male partner Leharas, adventure high into the mountains in a search for baal, to destroy him, and save all of sanctuary!

anyway, zak, i could probably set up some gear i have to spare (it should definatley be better than what you got) so when i get around to arranging that i can just give it to you over open battle net or whatever.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
How did you get all that uber shit anyway?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »
i believe i explained it earlier, but if not i will explain it again.

"how to get uber gear, from scratch, in single player Diablo 2: LoD"

-make a meteorb sorcress
-use said sorceress to farm nightmare mephisto, untill you have decent gear to fund a hammerdin
-make a hammerdin
-get your hammerdin to hell mephisto and farm farm FARM FARM FARM FARM him
-after 2000 or so runs(you will find nice stuff sooner, but for EVERYTHING its going to take a while), you should have just about every item you could want to make nearly any character you want

note, you can run the meteorb sorc untwinked, and killing nightmare mephisto should be done with the moat trick

you should be able to accumulate enough gear to get the hammerdin geared up nicley.  he won't be UBER with just nightmare gear, but with a herald of zakarum with an um rune (or pdiamond if you can't find an um rune) with a spectral shard for a weapon, with other nice uniques you find, you should be able to make it to hell mephisto.  but making a hammerdin takes a bit of patients, as they aren't good at the start, and the hammers take a little while to be used as your main weapon.  you WILL need to drink A LOT of mana potions durring your levels, but as you hit level 40+ you should get into the groove of things, and own anything in your path.

or if you can manage, you can keep using the sorc up to hell, i just found the hammerdin to be easier, but leveling him wasn't exactly the easiest thing ive ever done.

this worked for me, your millage may vary, but as you can see i have many nice items.  i hope this helps.

*edit*

here are my current stats

*edit*

i didn't run into any gloams in the great marsh (hell i didn't enter the great marsh so yea), or the city of the damned.  but i did encounter some in the frozen river, accounting for my second death, it was a quick death, and i didn't see my attackers.

because of that, i change my belt (losing 1 to all skills, but survival > a minor skill increase) and add some + lightning resist charms

i see gloams as an overpowered enemy, they can nearly instantly kill you, from two screens away

so with this setup, i should heal from taking lightning damage, SUCK IT GLOAMS JUST TRY AND HURT ME NOW
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:34:52 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2008, 03:07:48 AM »
I finally got around to playing Median 2008, per Sharde's suggestion way back when.

Wow, it's...really fun.  I got my ass handed to me at the beginning.  "Okay, strolling out, hmm, some guys...I think I'm going to k-HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK."

I kind of dismissed it as being ridiculous at first, but after I adapted to the more frantic pacing and different feel of it I really started to dig it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2008, 03:20:48 AM »
grapedrank and his totally "GAY" male partner Leharas TRIUMPH!

i beat diablo 2: LoD

level 82 necromancer, my first offline patriarch

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2008, 07:41:41 AM »
See, I'm not running a high level sorc (I find them to be an absolute PAIN IN THE ASS to level at the start), and I'm doing all my farming with my main (who happens to be a level 51 conc barb) farming mostly normal meph, and occasionally pindle as well, but I don't have the patience to do long farming runs.

I also sometimes run through meph, diablo and baal in normal one after the other, just to spice things up.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »
level 51...NORMAL mephisto....don't you mean nightmare?  running normal is a waste of your time, especially when you are at a level to kill nightmare mephisto.

but i recommended meteorb because when you got the moat trick set up. you could have no gear on at all with a level 1 meteor and kill nightmare or hell mephisto, the only difference being the amount of time it takes to kill.  not to mention when you get frozen orb, its smooth sailing to nm meph.

*edit*

also i was against even attempting to try a mod of diablo 2(median), but my friends are all like "omfgomfogmfogmfomgfomggfgfplayyyyyyyyyyyy" so im giving it a try.  but im not going to post anything save for this edit about it, im keeping my conversation kosher straight d2xp here.

*edit*

k so i ran baal again, this time there were gloams.  unfortunatley my merc lacks resistances so they picked him off, but after taking a bajillion megajules of lightning, my health bulb was still full, proving that my belt/charm setup fucks their koolaid.  the minions of destruction died in about 5 seconds, due to me exploding the corpses of the venom lords, and baal took about a minute, but the son of a bitch didn't drop any uniques.

anyway, i can run hell baal now, its cool.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:02:00 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
Uhh, I'm still in Act 1 NM. Unlike you, my characters aren't decked out in uber gear. Plus, I am playing players 8, and when I'm doing something like 650 max damage with conc, I'm not exactly strong at the moment.

You see, unlike you, I'm not very good at this game. This is my first time playing any character above level 30ish without having hacked. I never played much b-net, I never played much solo. I've owned the game for a long time, but never really played a decent character in my life.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »
Make a hammerdin, they're powerful with no gear at all. With skills alone they do like 4-5k a hammer.

vladgd

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2008, 10:30:43 PM »
this was taken with no gear, save for some +life charms, they don't add to damage so its irrelevant

max blessed hammer, vigor, concentration, blessed aim

so the correct answer is 3.5k, no gear.  6.5k with gear.

note, this would be less without concentration up, but since no hammerdin doesn't have it up, it doesn't matter.

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2008, 10:47:47 PM »
lol d2 nazi

so get a little gear, and make a hammerdin that does 4-5K