Author Topic: Diablo 2 LOD  (Read 43558 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: Diablo 2 LOD
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 07:49:30 PM »
it clearly shows the shael and hel runes....

y'all know what this means

runescape III?

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 06:49:54 AM »
runescape III?

*facepalm*

They hinted toward Diablo III during an interview at some point.

Also, if they come out with it and it's even half as good as Diablo II, I'll happily give the entire development team blow jobs (note: I may or may note be serious about this).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
Yeah, if there's one thing I have to say about diablo 2, it's that they got the item system completely fucking perfect. The level of randomness in the items, the sheer number of possible items at any given level, the amount of magical options you can get, etc. I've never seen a game that came close to matching D2 for items. Most games are so bad that you can pretty much always get the best weapon at level x fairly easily. In D2 there really isn't a best weapon, since things can vary so much.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 07:34:25 AM »
Indeed.  And how many times did you wind up sitting there for five minutes trying to figure out whether a certain item would work better for you than the one you already have?  If you're anything like me, a lot.

I love how things aren't just cut and dry in that game.  It definitely takes a lot of care and a lot of thinking to make a game that essentially involves clicking monsters until they die not boring, and Blizzard definitely succeeded in that department.

Even the original Diablo is damn good.  The only reason I don't play it is because it doesn't have a run button. :P
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »
Haha, I got bored with it :/ I mean, it's just not long enough, and too basic. The lack of running hurts it a lot too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »
Well now with d2, basically they're making nothing but runewords the best items in the game, besides a few uniques.
For example, a smite pally would consist of -
Enigma - armor
Exile - shield
Grief - axe
helm - Shako or crown of ages
belt - verdungos
rings - bul kathos
ammy - maras
boots - gore riders

Thats all the "best" stuff for a smite pally. But I mean, for the main items its all runewords. And for other classes most of the best stuff is runewords, like that bow for the zon and what not. I dunno, I got kinda tired of d2 when it took me 1 day to have a lvl 85+ character decked out with the best gear in the game....I made one that one time when I asked to use a cd key, then gave all the stuff away to my friend jesse cause I got bored of the game.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »
How the hell did you manage that? And was it online?  Because I'm playing it solo. Which means things take a lot longer than "oh, I need this really rare rune for my runeword, I'll just do a couple baal runs and trade off some items until I can get it". It's more like "fuck, this is gonna take forever, however, I may find a better item to use on my character in the mean time."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:10:38 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 02:26:54 PM »
online is a different realm than just playing offline, with some lan sprinkled in.

also, a slight disappointment, the first rune "wasn't" a shael rune, it just looked that way because of how the crystal was in the first and second screens, the third one shows it as something different, most likely from a deathknights rune sword.

i say this, because the third symbol, is the protoss symbol in starcraft 2.  so its like they are representing all of their franchises, like last year when they announced sc2.

hope isn't lost though, they do this stuff all the time, and they are going to make it, its just a matter of "is it now" or "is it going to be announced in a few years"

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
Haha, yeah, blizzard is pretty good at dropping hints about stuff and making rumors fly like mad.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »
speculation or not, this stuff is still fun to get excited about.

http://new.sc2pod.com/news/Countdown_to_Diablo_3/

whatever they announce on the 28th or 29th, its going to be awesome.

*edit*

i figure id post these

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:02:54 AM by vladgd »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 04:39:49 PM »
How the hell did you manage that? And was it online?  Because I'm playing it solo. Which means things take a lot longer than "oh, I need this really rare rune for my runeword, I'll just do a couple baal runs and trade off some items until I can get it". It's more like "fuck, this is gonna take forever, however, I may find a better item to use on my character in the mean time."

Yeah online, i'm like a "master trader" I guess you could say. I'm just really good at trading with people.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
I'm usually not much into playing online. I'm not that good at meeting the right people online.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 06:14:07 PM »
Theres never any good people online...90% of the d2 community are nothing but fucking idiots and dickheads who think they're cool because they got good gear, to escape the reality of their pathetic lives. You'll find the odd nice person in D2.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 07:19:44 AM »
My point. Wow has more nice people but it's even more diluted by the sheer amount of players that actually finding someone cool, mature, and not a fucking dickwad is nearly impossible.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »
im just going to keep posting these, i think there's one left after this one (if for some reason there isn't one more, there will be two more, but tomorrow is the day they announce that whatever so yea, the next one should reveal whatever it is)

*edit*

this is enough on topic

the original diablo is surprisingly fun, main reason i never really played it for more than 5 minutes was because you can't run...like...you can only walk.

so walking in consideration, and the game being a slower pace, 16 levels of a dungeon is sounding like a surprisingly big game rather than the "30 minute affair" i originally thought it was going to be.

i think i have a little over an hour logged on, and im at the entrance to level 3, so yea, going to take me a little while before i beat it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:29:57 AM by vladgd »