Author Topic: [Text game] Prologue - Finshed  (Read 12793 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
[Text game] Prologue - Finshed
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:28 PM »
Okay guys, hopefully you know the drill. Or at least, if you went to agora, and even noticed the BV forum, you'd know the drill. It's basically a choose-your-own adventure game, in forum format. This particular thread is meant to serve as backstory for a super-badass one I'm plotting, so it'll be rather short. Once it comes to it's conclusion, and trust me, it will, I'll lock it, but keep it in existance for reference. Your actions in this thread basically explain how much backstory you're going to get for the next thread.

---

*beep beep beep*

You roll over in bed, open your eyes, and glance at your alarm clock. It's 7:00 AM, on a Saturday morning. Apparently you forgot to turn off your alarm.

*beep beep beep*

The curtains are shut, it's dark in your room. You can't really see much. The alarm is still blaring.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:37:59 PM by Ulti »

Korremar

• View Profile
Re: [Text game] Prologue
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:58:17 PM »
Mmm...been sleeping all night. I'll pee before I go back to bed.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 07:27:59 PM »
You groggily pull the covers off yourself, stand up, and walk in the direction of the bathroom. The alarm is still beeping, but you're too lazy to do anything about it.

As you walk into the bathroom, you wave your hand across the sensor, and the lights flick on. You pull down your boxers, and empty your bladder. As you walk out, you wave the light off again.

Walking back across your darkened room, you see a small light blinking on a table. Probably a message on your voice mail or something. You climb back into bed.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »
Check the message!

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:51:59 PM »
You pull the covers over your head, ad try to go to sleep, but to no avail. You decide to pull yourself out of bed for the second time this morning. A quick glance at the clock reveals that it's 7:19 in the morning.

Since you're still in your boxers it's probably not prudent to pull back the curtains, and reveal your mostly-naked self to most of the city, so you flip on the lamp on your bedstand.

The answering machine is on your dresser, which is against the nearest wall of the small apartment. Generally, it's quite clean, surprising for a 20-something bachelor like yourself. There's a large television built into the wall of your flat, along with a small kitchen and bar area in the corner. Despite there only being two rooms, it's comfortable enough, and the location more than makes up for the lack of privacy when there's guests. Two of the walls are almost entirely windows, and the large curtains are pulled across them, for privacy, and the glass tinted. You're still blown away at getting such a spectular deal on a room, although you suspect it's got something to do with the age of the building. Still, at least your room is well enough maintained.

Walking to the dresser, you narrowly avoid tripping over your cat, who seems quite insistent on weaving between your legs. Apparently, it needs attention. Looking down at the machine, you feel your stomach tighten up, you don't even need to listen to the message to know what it says. It's a call from work.

Recently hired by Apple, you thought you had it made. But the company was well past it's prime. After it's golden age in the early 21st century, people realized that Macs weren't quite as trendy as everyone thought, and the with the rapid growth in the entertainment and gaming industries, Apple's talent for design couldn't keep up with the sheer demand for compatibility that the other competing companies offered. Even dropping their computer branch couldn't keep them alive for long, and the company started a slow decline into obscurity. This day in age, having a Mac product meant you were some sort of uber-geek, or at least more attached to the retro than you should've been. You were hired in a last push by the company to avoid bankrupcy, and the call was the inevitable message of termination.

At least that frees up your day. You should probably stop by your office and collect your stuff, though.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06:05 AM »
Pet the kitty! ^^
"This is a machine for making cows."

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 01:21:46 AM »
Still a bit irritated by your layoff, you decide you need something to take your mind off issue, and decide to harass your cat right back. You're no expert on cats, but it's a general fluffy white affair, that's good enough for you.

After a few minutes good petting, you refill its food and water.

There's really not much point going back to sleep anymore, you probably wouldn't be able to.

---

Like i said in the op, this is just backstory. From here, I just encourage you to wander around, and try to find out as much as you can. This thread isn't going to last very long. :3

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 02:14:39 AM »
Time for breakfast then.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »
You sit down at the kitchen table for a minute, still in some sort of shock. Either that or grogginess, you can't really tell. But after a few moments thought, you walk over to the pantry, take out a couple slices of bread, and throw them in the toaster. While you're waiting, you grab the remote off the counter and flip on the TV.

It's playing the morning news, and as you guessed, Apple's declared bankruptcy, and laid off almost all of its employees. Not caring to hear any further, you flip to another channel, where it's giving a weather report. Rain, as usual. Freakin' Seattle...

A few minutes and dozens of channels later, you’re back on the news, where it’s giving the obligatory morning report on the war. It’s just more of the usual, humanity having its ass handed to itself on the frontier colonies, and not so much as a single raid past the outermost rim of inhabited worlds. The war has always felt far away for you, even though it’s been going on for almost as long as you can remember. The fact that there hasn’t been a single attack on Earth to date has pretty much kept the conflict out of your mind, even though the signs of it are everywhere.

You finish up your breakfast, and realize you're still in your boxers.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »
Kill a street bum!
Ok, so that was a joke.

How about you go grab a couple beers to "celebrate" being laid off.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »
Uh...getting dressed before doing anything else is probably a fairly decent idea.

Grey Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »
Pet the kitty again! :D

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »
We need you Ulti! Post.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »
You walk back into the bathroom, and dig out a mostly clean pair of jeans and a t-shirt. It's been a while since you've done any laundry, but you doubt anyone's going to care. You wash your face really fast, put on some deodorant, and generally freshen up a bit. All things considered, you're pretty presentable, as long as you don't attempt to go anywhere fancy, or with a stringent dress code.

You decide you need to harass something, and look for the cat again, but it's hiding under your bed, and you don't feel like going under there and digging it out.

You pick up your wallet and cellphone from the table by the door, and put on your shoes.

--

Edit: Yeah yeah, I'm on it :3
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:46:47 PM by Ulti »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
I was actually gonna delete that, but meh.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x