Author Topic: Are you a Windows user with dual monitors?  (Read 3443 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Are you a Windows user with dual monitors?
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:29:38 AM »
If so, WHY AREN'T YOU USING DISPLAYFUSION?!

http://www.binaryfortress.com/displayfusion/

Insanely. Freaking. Useful.  'nuff said.

It uses the tiled wallpaper trick, like I've always used, but it takes a lot of the manual labor out of it.  It allows you to independently change the wallpaper on each display, saving you a trip into Photoshop.  It also has several more options for how to resize wallpaper (i.e. stretch while maintaining aspect ratio, with and without cropping, etc) so it could very well be useful with single display systems as well.  Additionally, it has the ability to search for and use pictures from Flickr.  I haven't used that feature yet, but it could prove interesting when I grow tired of my current prairie dog/dragon combination.

It's free, and for $10 you can update to the Pro version, which allows you to have it randomly select wallpaper, gives you more control over image cropping, etc.  I think the free version is worth $10, myself, but what can you do.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Re: Are you a Windows user with dual monitors?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:30:20 AM »
yes, and try ultramon instead/also. gives me a taskbar on the other monitor. too nifty.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 08:06:45 AM »
I'm using that too. I really like Ultramon.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 09:03:11 AM »
I got a good question for you. I have my tv hooked up for dualview, HD cords setup and all that. But one thing is wrong....Its stretched out rather than being a normal resolution, and when I try to set the TV resolution to something else (using the custom resolution thingy with nvidia) it wont let me change it and it stays at 1280x1024 rather than the 1920x1080 its supposed to be (i'm pretty sure thats the resolution for it) Its a 50 inch widescreen DLP. Any help to fix this to get a perfect resolution?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02:57 AM »
There should be an option someplace for that sort of thing. If you're using an ATI card, go to the catalyst control center, go to the Display Options and use Force TV Detection. (That's all I can think of anyway.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x