Author Topic: Anyone tried out Firefox 3 yet?  (Read 8850 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: Anyone tried out Firefox 3 yet?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 01:04:48 AM »
For me, it just shows the homepage regardless of what I have selected. It could be one of my add-ons, although I've only got five that are compatible with FF3 running, and none of them really have much to do with with that sort of thing. I could be very wrong, though. I'll have to disable them one at a time to test it out. I'll try the new profile thing if the add-ons aren't doing it.

EDIT:

I have found this little tip to be pretty useful: http://lifehacker.com/355973/make-your-extensions-work-with-the-firefox-3-beta

It works fine with All-in-One Gestures, All-in-One Sidebar, and del.icio.us Bookmarks works pretty well. Tab Mix Plus does not appear to work, though >:[
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:25:57 AM by Sqthreer! »
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 01:32:34 AM »
I figured it out.  The session save feature bugs out when you have the downloads window open.  If you close the download window, THEN the browser window (note: unless you have it specifically set to save sessions, you have to have more than one tab open for it to prompt you), it'll work fine.

I've been getting extensions to work with versions that they weren't designed to run with for a while now, heh.  When I used the Gran Paradiso builds I had to do that a lot (though I just modified the package itself because I'm 1337). :P

Also, go to about:robots.  It's humorous and comes complete with an Army of Darkness reference.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 02:24:29 AM »
Ahaha, that's awesome. Robots are so cool.

Also, isn't there supposed to be a section of the Firefox options dedicated to the session saver? All I have is the homepage setting on the General tab...
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 02:46:05 AM »
No.  The only built-in option to save sessions is in the main options page.  "Show my windows and tabs from last time," to be exact -- in the drop down box above the homepage URL box.

The only way that feature was any use was with add-ons, really (though the new "save and quit" feature will be very nice when they get rid of that download window bug).

Speaking of that issue, here's more about it here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385794.  The issue isn't that "save & quit" doesn't work, it's that it doesn't trigger if other Firefox windows are open.  I can see why it does it (if you have multiple browser windows open and whatnot) but it should really differentiate between browser windows and other windows.
"This is a machine for making cows."