Author Topic: Mp3 Player Discussion Thread (formerly recommendation thread)  (Read 16836 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend me an mp3 player
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »
Well with my sidekick lx, it has a mini-usb data port, to which it charges thru a wall charger and has a data cable mini-usb to usb to connect to my pc with. Any mini usb to usb would work, that's the kind of thing I'm talkin about. I don't see having a proprietary cable being an issue to anyone really..
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 07:27:05 PM »
Yeah, I guess some people are just silly gooses.

Haha, awesome. I was kind of curious as to why Firefox didn't underline "gooses" for misspelling since the plural for "goose" is "geese" but it turns out it has a few definitions, one of which is "to pinch the buttocks." And the dictionary's example was, "he goosed the unsuspecting girl."

But ANYWAY this case is closed; I am going to the store tonight and getting a Zune because I can't take listening to these prehistoric music discs anymore. Thanks fo' all yo' help people.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 07:28:47 PM by Sqthreer! »
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 11:38:27 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855228017

HOLY FUCKING SHIT FAVORITED.

I've been looking for a good-looking player that supports OGGs and FLACs.  Thanks! <3

Oh psh, is that what all the fuss is about? I understand the usefulness of a universal charger, but personally, I think I prefer having one that belongs only to one thing.

It's awesome for me, because I can carry a single mini-USB cable with my laptop that'll work with my BlackBerry, my Moto V3x, my USB card reader, my digital camera, my USB hub, my dad's digital camera, my mom's phone, my PSP, and, uh...do I really need to continue? :P  I specifically look for mini-USB port support when I buy things like this for that reason alone.  Granted, some of the things can't charge with the mini-USB (the cameras, obviously, the PSP, etc) but it still allows for a very consistent and very universal way of transmitting data and charging smaller devices.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 12:43:28 AM »
OH MY GOD the Zune has pretty much EVERYTHING that I thought the iPod was missing and much more. It's fucking awesome only after about ten minutes of using it. I can't explain how happy I am with my purchase. The headphones are great, too. THEY HAVE A MAGNET IN THEM SO THEY STICK TOGETHER.

Also I suppose if you have a bunch of awesome electronic devices having one cord is good. But all I have is my Zune (which I named Greg.)
 - Alexxx

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 12:46:15 AM »
:3  TOLD YA LOLOL

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »
<3s Sneaky all over his face.
 - Alexxx

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 12:54:20 AM »
So which did ya get? 30GB first or the 80GB new one?

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 01:07:28 AM »
The 80GB one, which is perfect, because it holds ALL my music, and then I have about 15GB of extra room for videos and such.

I can't believe how much more intuitive the interface is than the pre-iPod Touch iPods are. You can actually have access to certain settings (like shuffle and repeat) without going all the way back to the main menu and into settings, then going back. Also, since I got it, I considered the wheel or whatever it's called on the iPod to be kind of stupid and unnecessarily confusing if it's not upright and right in front of you. The new Zune (I think this is an upgrade from the previous version anyway) has a similar slide navigation feature, except it's actually UP AND DOWN instead left, right, up or down, depending on which part of the iPod's wheel you started on >:|

I could go on about how much better it is, but I fear I might get carpal tunnel syndrome.
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 03:17:40 AM »
I messed with TimJing's Zune a bit...I think his is a first-generation one.  It seems like a pretty cool player to me.

Then again, I've also used pyroko's iPod a fair amount and it felt pretty intuitive for the most part, aside from some little niggles.

I dunno.  I didn't get to mess either of those enough to really get a feel for them.  All I know is that the old Rio 600 that I had long ago is a piece of shit, but I doubt you'd see any of those barring someone on eBay who's desperate to get rid of theirs.  Meh, don't mind me, I'm just a little bitter.

I've been considering getting a Zune, but I'm starting to lean toward what Z has, simply for the better format support.  I dunno, we'll see.  It all kind of depends on stuff.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 06:11:57 AM »
I'm starting to lean toward what Z has, simply for the better format support.  I dunno, we'll see.  It all kind of depends on stuff.

Not to derail the thread.. but:

Video
Video Playback Formats    AVI/WMV/ASF/MP4/MKV/MPG/MPEG/VOB/DAT/MTV/OGM
Video Recording    ASF
Images / Text Viewer
Images Formats    BMP/JPEG/GIF/TIFF/PNG/RAW
Text Formats    TXT
Digital Audio
Supported Audio Formats    MP3/ASF/WMA/FLAC/OGG/M4A/MKA/TTA/APE/MPC/WV/WAV

No DRM, no special program needed, works like a USB 2.0 hard drive when plugged in. Copy/paste. RECORDS FUCKING TV, RADIO, VOICE, LINE-IN.

/cum

Also, I like zunes. gotta cupple buddies that gottum. one of em gooses me around a little bit sumtiems, but 's ok. Great choice sq3r.

I need to make product suggestions (as in requests for suggestions) in s.net more often. fuck.

Edits, smilies, and parentheses:

I forgot to mention that my shit can connect to a digital camera/zune/iPod/pretty much any USB device and copy files (music, pictures, whatever) from/onto it.
"Oh shit, you have that album?! May I copy it to mine?"
"Can I save that picture onto my mp3 player?"

Pretty much fucking awesome. Ok seriously, bedtime. bye guys. Oh, and I'm sorry. Mine gets me fucking happy, but it's a shitload of moolah for 60 gb. Idk, it makes me really happy and I can't help but share. (vlad's tv)

one more edit: i can convert pdf's into this extension called csv, cvs, vsc, or some shit and view them that way. apparently adobe is like. "no, my formats!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:21:11 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »
Scary, I've been an iPod guy for years, now I might actually have to get a Zune if/when I have the money for it...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: Mp3 Player Discussion Thread (formerly recommendation thread)
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 12:36:04 PM »
That one Zakamiro linked to looks super-awesome, but has a lot more than I need at the moment. I was just looking for something that could hold most, if not all of my music collection (yay for 80GB) and a few videos. Also, I don't have that much money to spend right now.

Oh yeah, I turned this thread into general mp3 player discussion since that seems to be what it has evolved into.

Does anyone here own an iPod Touch?
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »
I've got friends (twins, actually) who were given iPod Touch's as a gift from their boss. Those things are pretty fucking badass.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »
HAY GUESS WHAT!!!!

My Zune won't turn on. I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet or let any harm come to it, but not matter what I do, it won't turn on. The hold isn't on, reset doesn't work, my computer doesn't detect it, turning it on with the play/pause button doesn't work. Nothing is on the screen, and there's nothing I can think of to do.

Why the god damn fuck does this stuff always happen to me? Why can't technology just WORK? What the hell am I supposed to do?
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »
I'd google that. Same sort of thing happened to my iPods before, and it usually involved using some reset mechanism they had included and that would fix it for a while.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x